Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Progressive JPGs in design specs assets

Assets can already be downloaded from design specs, as per:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/design-specs-for-developers.html#Extractassetsfordesignspecs
    ...but progressive JPG is not a supported format for bitmaps. Can we get this feature?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show component name in the design specs

It's great to have the component at last. But now I need to communicate the component name with the developers. for example: the values of a certain text are not interesting - they only need to know its class (is it H1, H2...?)

Swatches already have the name (only on hover, why?) in the specs, so it's obvious you did recognise the need for that.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mask Design Specs

Masked layers should have the ability to be inspected for sharing with developers. They are currently treated as one grouped element where individual layers cannot be inspected.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Arrows in XD Design spes

It would be nice to have an arrow feature to show the visual flow. I know you can see the flow, but it would be nice to have more of a visual arrow flow.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Styleguide

Keep your style guides always up-to-date
    everything in cloud, your team members will always see the latest resources.
    The Guideline page with all the colors and fonts. It forces me to keep me on the palette and focus on the cleanliness of my designs.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Measure via text baseline

Generate specs to be to the end of the last letter vs. the actual text box

It would be nice if the developer can see the height of the text based on the baseline rather than the text box itself. Sometimes text boxes are much longer than the copy inside of them (if the designer forgets to reduce the height of the box), then the developer will not get an accurate reading of padding between elements because the box is oversized.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Share for Development: Better compression for PNG assets

When downloading PNG assets from the Design Specs link, we always run them through an optimizer like TinyPNG to reduce size even further. It would be great if the PNGs were already optimized so the team could skip this extra step.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show FontAwesome Icon/Glyph IDs in a Design Spec

There MUST a way for XD to show the unicode ID of a FontAwesome icon/glyph in the Styles panel of a Design Spec wireframe/mockup.

I've got a team of developers freaking-out on me because they are not able to tell what the FontAwesome icon ID is in an Adobe XD mockup. I'm using FontAwesome so I do not have to re-create hundreds of required icons, but when I show a particular developer a mockup of the web-app for him to code for, it becomes a nightmare for me and developer figuring out all the specifics of each individual icon. They…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Clearly denote when design specs have comments associated

There's no way of knowing if there's a comment added to design spec unless you actually click the comment icon - and that icon is not very visable or explanatory. Would be nice if there was some sort of visual cue marker letting me know if the spec file contains comments or not. I checked with several developers both inhouse and externally and none of them knew I had placed comments cause its totally out of sight and mind when there's nothing warning them - like a red icon or a marker somewhere for instance? As it is now I…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fixed elements in specs cover

At this moments fixed elements need to be positioned at the exact position in which we want them to be fixed, on top of all other elements on the scrollable artboard. In design mode we can hide fixed elements and work on stuff that lays underneath, but, in specs view, fixed elements appear on top of all other elements and there is no way for developers to access information of the elements positioned under the fixed element.
    The obvious example is the mobile phone bottom bar, as from the attached screenshot.

Solutions may vary, from possibility to hide/show elements in…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add code to design system

Would love to see a feature to helps create a coded design system for asset management and seamless developer handoff. Thanks!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Archive Specs/Prototype Links

Currently when sharing a link with a client if I make an update to the link it overwrites the last version shared. To resolve this I have to send out multiple links with different version numbers or dates on it. This runs the risk of a client/dev looking at an older outdated link or the most up to date link not being passed around all stakeholders.

It would be useful to have a 'design history' or 'version control' i.e. the ability to mark a spec as V1.0, V1.1, V1.2 or to revise it up to V2.0. in order to be…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Design Specs for states of a dynamic asset (buttons, inline error messaging)

I know you are currently working a spec view to make communication with developers easier. There should be a way were we can specify assets that aren't static such as button states or inline error messaging.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Export XD assets panel to SASS

I'm a developer and I need to turn a designer's design into css code.
    The assets panel now has only one group of colors. But the css divide the colors into background-colors, border-colors, and font colors.Can the asset panel add these groups so that they are consistent with the web code?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Send email when Design Specs are updated

Often developers have already begun work on a design while details are being finalized. I can send a manual note that they need to refresh the design specs to see new updates, but it would be nice for a private link to send an email to all shared addresses as soon as an update has been made to the link, or to anyone who might have commented on the link for a public link. This would facilitate keeping everyone as up to date as possible. Alternatively having some kind of notification show up on the actual designs specs page saying…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. xd.adobe.com blocked in Russia

Hello!

Can you please change IP addresses of https://xd.adobe.com because current IP's (34.254.20.78, 34.255.76.11e) blocked in Russia by RKN and access denined to Design Specs.

Hope you will help soon. Thanks.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Greetings:

When I load those IP addresses it takes me to the Adobe XD home page in adobe.com It sounds like adobe.com is being blocked.

According to this doc, it looks like you should have access to Creative Cloud service https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/products/creativecloud/cc/pdfs/cc-availability-matrix.pdf

I’ll follow up on my end and see if I can find out further info.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

17. "Hide Layout grid" shouldn't turn it off in Design Spec

When you hide layout grid in Design mode, you don't just hide it - you turn it off completely. That is a problem, becaouse when you do it, it disappears from Design Specs. So, either rename the command to "Turn off Layout grid" (because that's what really happens) and add another function for just hiding it, or allow its visibility in design spec even when its turned off.

Point is that when you do design you often hide the grid for better visibility. But - when you publish your design spec, you must remember to turn it on in all…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Browser notifications on specs link update

It would be nice to get a notification when a specs link has been updated. This could be a browser notification or another way.

Because now when I make a change tot the design, I have to send everyone a email asking to them to refresh their browser to see the changes.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cannot select object underneath in Design Specs

オブジェクトの選択について

「デザインスペック」画面で、
    重なっているオブジェクトの枚数が多いと、
    オブジェクトが選択ができないようです。
    (階層が下のオブジェクトが選択できない?)

オブジェクト間の正確なマージンが取れずに困っています。
    修正のご検討、よろしくお願いいたします。

About selecting objects

On the "Design Spec" screen,
    If the number of overlapping objects is large,
    It seems that you can not select an object.
    (Can not select object with hierarchy below??)

I am in trouble because I can not get an accurate margin between objects.
    Consideration of correction, thank you.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Functional / Interaction Specification

I feel like this was raised and marked as "addressed" by the design specs feature but isn't actually addressed.

Essentially we need to be able to markup / annotate wireframes with feature specs . It would be functionally similar to the commenting feature but
    - they're specifications, not comments - it's a one off note not back and forth conversation
    - they can be rendered with/alongside the designs as an export option so it can be signed off by the client and archived for governance
    - the feature should be available via the XD App and stored in the XD…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base