Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Everything !

Every design options Sketch has (style, gradient, type,etc)
    Every Prototype options InVision has (gestures, links, etc, etc,etc
    Every Animation possibilities Principle has
    Every Animation possibilities InVision/Motion will have
    Every prototype options InVision/Silver flow will have.

Then you can start using the word "revolutionize"
    Because right now their is no way we can switch to that tool !!

I don't want to be rude, I'm sure its a great deal of work, but the promise was that it would be a one-time tool and it is far far far from that...

31 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the honest feedback! If XD does not make sense to you, it’s totally ok to use the tools that make sense to your workflow. Hopefully, we will do a good job, deliver value with our monthly releases, and one day you can start using it for real work.

If you’d like to track the progress in the different areas you highlighted above, could you please break them down in separate feature requests? It would be more useful for you to get updates on the progress of each feature request, separately.

Thanks a lot.

• Prototyping + Testing

I just gave Adobe XD a try, and I have to say- I think it's a great start toward something I might use, but needs a vast amount of work in order to be a truly valuable tool. As a full-time UX/UI Designer, let me tell you what I'd like to see added to this program:

-The ability to, not only navigate form one page to another, but to add custom animations to that navigation (beyond just "push left" "dissolve" etc).

-The ability to create animations based on user behavior on a single page. For example, when a user taps…

12 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re trying to keep the requests granular so that we can more easily aggregate feedback and get your vote counted correctly. I’m seeing four requests in here, some of which are already in the database. Please do upvote and add additional suggestions!

Custom animations: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12958827
        Prototyping logic: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13040145
        User Testing analytics: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13651005

-Elaine

• Windows version to be on par with Mac version

It would be great if the Widows version was on par with the Mac version instead of half a year behind.

10 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently focused on bringing Windows to alignment with Mac and will be moving forward with new innovations afterward. Please do feel free to upvote for specific features you feel are missing so that we can contact you when they’re available!

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Invision comes with Studio and XD are still sleeping.

Guys are you sleeping, there comes a lot of stong competitors and your Update intervalis every two month without nice features and more Bugs. Now Invision will launch Studio and it looks great.
          I dont know what you do the last two years but the other are right behind.

8 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Please make this a viable and fully usable Adobe product, not a shell of what it could be.

Symbols not being on Windows first release. UI Kits being left out of the same, as well as layers panel and launch screen. The fact that individual items in a symbol (for navigation and menus for example) can not be individually linked to separate places...and that option having the ability to toggle for global or individual editing... is absurd.

The benefits for using Adobe products...are that they behave like and interact with other adobe products. So far, this is only happening an a fairly limited basis. :/

The more I play with this...the more I'm considering buying another Mac and…

8 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Definitely appreciate the sentiment behind this, but I’m closing this suggestion as a general one. We’ve seen a lot of features roll in over the past two years. Please do upvote ideas that are specific to your needs so that we can better prioritize!

• Digital Ad Prototypes

I've been looking for a tool like this to prototype digital ads. I love that I can both import from PS and AI and publish to html for sharing. To make digital ads, we'd need:

+ More animation options
              + Animated objects
              + Linked .psd and .ai files (so I can apply features in AI or PS and just use XD for prototyping

Not essential but helpful:
              + For others to be able to comment on the html prototypes

Thanks!!
              Kate

6 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Some of the ideas mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

I will close this request to keep our feature list tidy, but please feel free to file new individual UserVoice suggestions for any other ideas that we may have missed. Thanks for your feedback!

• Love it! Please keep going!

I adore this effort! Thank you so much.
                Will definitely more features to be able to convert from other software to XDCC. A lot of them mentioned in the feedback from other users, but just to name a few: better text styling, symbols, importing color palettes and assets from illustrator and photoshop, rulers, responsive design (if you do this well, you'll rule over all digital design tools)

6 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! We’ll definitely keep on going. :)

I’m marking this as action-required; we’d love for you to either file these as separate issues inside UserVoice or simply upvote them so that we can aggregate individual feature feedback. This gives us a better view of what our community as a whole would love to see next!

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Save Notifications

Please integrate some kind of visible save notification. The beta version took several seconds to save my 50MB file, but the latest release appears to do this instantly, but I don't really think that the process has sped up that much. I find myself clicking several times on the save button just to be save that my work was actually saved.

5 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add critical features to Mac version then focus on Windows

I see that you've been updating the Windows version to bring it to par with the Mac version. But can you first add some critical features to the Mac version before going full-steam on the Windows?

This way we'll at least have one platform with a strong set of basic features:

a) Non-scrollable elements to fix a header or footer.
                    b) Show/hide elements so that I can emulate a drop-down menu or a popup window without creating countless Artboards and super complex links.

5 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

These features are on our roadmap already, so you should upvote them separately to let us know you’re interested. We’re working on ensuring that we can deliver on both platforms going forward, and there won’t be that much longer to wait until you see new features on Mac.

Upvote here:

• Indicate when the project is being saved visually

Sometime the autosave doesn't work so I started always saving, but then I don't know if I actually saved the project so I have to check if the Save in the File menu is deactivated, it would be nice to have a bar in the bottom that shows a message or a progressing bar to know that your project is being saved.

4 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Native OS X UI when possible

I've noticed that Adobe is trying to use more custom UI elements in it's products which I actually find make them harder - not easier - to use. Products like Sketch have found a real following by using the UI elements and paradigms provided by the operating system. I think XD should use more of the OS UI so that it would feel like other apps that I use and be able to have updated UI styles as the OS is updated over time.

4 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The requests that have been in the comments thread are all related to existing stories in UserVoice. I’m marking this one as Action Required in order to close it out.

As noted in other comments in this thread, here are the existing stories you can upvote:

Thanks!

-Elaine

• View shortcut on hover

the ability to see a short-cut key tool tip on hoover.

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for filing this! As I mentioned in my last note, you should be able to view all shortcuts either in a context menu or while hovering over features that have shortcuts. If you’re still having problems, please do let us know!

-Elaine

• Copy UXPin's feature set

I wish XD was more like UXPin

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re really looking for individual features you think would make XD a better product. Are there specific features you like from UXPin that you think you’re missing? Please let us know which ones you think are the most useful!

-Elaine

• Things In Which XD Is lacking.

I am using Adobe XD from Last two weeks and I found that some basic features are missing in this tool even these features are available in Photoshop and AI(previous design tools of Adobe). So, I would like to mention some of them.

1. No way to export CSS attributes from Design specs, It is too painful for a developer to develop UI without it, Please add this feature ASAP.

2. Can't save whole UI Screens as PDF.

3. Blending Options are missing.

4. Can't add border radius on editable paths.

5. Basic shapes are missing(hexagons/octagons or stars only rectangle…

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you submit one suggestion per ticket, as it helps us to be able to merge things in with other similar suggestions. Thankfully, most of your suggestions are already in the database. For instance:

Thanks!

• Lots of feature requests

Flip Object Feature, Text Justify, Text Change Case, Dotted Line, Line Gradient, .gif images file animation support, CSS Animation and Trans

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! In general, UserVoice works best when you file individual tickets for each feature requests. The good news is, all of your feature requests are already in our database, so you can upvote them!

For instance:

Flip Object Feature – https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13405950
                                  Text Justify – https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/16278061
                                  Text Change Case – https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13717794

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

• Mouse scrolling around canvas maybe too sensitive.

When I scroll left,right,up and down it feels very sensitive and perhaps a little jerky when moving around the canvas.

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please do file this again, either here in UserVoice as a bug or in our Adobe XD forums, if you continue to see this! We’d love to help you out and resolve the issue.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Make "Constrain Width and Height Proportions" Actionable.

"Constrain Width and Height Proportions" setting is not remembered in an Action. Therefore, the Action will perform incorrectly if this setting has been changed since the Action was run. Make this option controllable within the Action.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

As we haven’t seen a response to our question in three months, I’m marking it as inactive. Please do feel free to file it again if you still want this feature!

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Random

I would like XD to be more like a lean version of illustrator. Why would you try a MeToo app of Sketch. Sketch is beta junk and only is relevant if you buy 15 plugins to make it do what? Act more like illustrator. Super short sighted team. Just lose all the 3d tools, iso drawing, brushes, filters and blending and stuff like that and you will have something meaningful. Keep the OWL man! What are you thinking? How many years have you implemented feedback on illustrator? Damn near 30 years. And all out with the bathwater DUMB.

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. We’re very carefully considering the needs of our targeted designers and only including features that would benefit them in UX and UI design. If you have specific feature feedback you’d like to see, please do upvote stories in UserVoice.

-Elaine

• Adobe XD website and XD webpage

OMG. have just rebuilt my SurfacePro4 last App to install Acrobat - thought I'd surf other products, got on https://www.adobe.com/products/xd.html#x
                                        Might have considered the product except:
                                        1. Video would not play in tab, new tab or new window;
                                        2. Then when tried to give feedback, talk about a NON-intuitive page.

Will be looking else where for video editing, website Dev. Already use Adobe forms and am very UNCOMFORTABLE how Adobe is the focus of web-forms we send out, not US.

Not a good look adobe, Not a good look.

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

As we haven’t seen a response to our question in three months, I’m marking it as inactive. Please do feel free to file it again if you still want this feature!

Thanks,

-Elaine

• various functions missing

to work fluid with this tool i miss various things:

1. its hard to work with the paragraph-styles. when i click on a text the connected style should light up. i never know which style i am working on. also it looses connection to the style when changing color. do it like indesign - there it works perfectly.

2. when placing an image, XD shoul make a connection to the image and not implement it. because if i use the same picture multiple times and change something in the original, i have to place the image again in every position.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks a ton for your feedback! Unfortunately, filing many different ideas together makes it very difficult for us to aggregate your feedback with other people who might have similar ideas. The good news is: most, if not all, of your ideas are already in the database and just need to be upvoted. For instance:

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base