Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give a specific error when writing to a PDF that is already open

Currently when you export a PDF with the same name as an already opened previous version, it wont say what is wrong. Would be nice if they fix this!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better export options for graphics with effects

If I, say, create a round icon at 150px without any detail such as a drop shadow or glow, it will happily export at 150px.

However, this size is increased on export with the addition of a drop shadow or glow detail etc. For example, to 168px. (The same principle would effect a shape or text element.) Currently, using the same 150px icon with drop shadow example, the asset size on the artboard does not take this into account, but still shows as overall size as 150px, even though exporting increases this.

It would be useful to have an option…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Preserve element name as ID name on SVG export

We use the SVG output of AdobeXD to build our websites faster. But the only problem is the lack of meaningful names of the SVG elements in the exported file. It should be very helpful to name any element or group inside AdobeXD and preserve that name as svg id when exporting to svg. Including color and gradient names, repeaters names and interactive click spots.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add LDPI and TVDPI to asset export tool

Although you cover the most common Android densities, sometimes you need to cover these resolutions for certain devices, for compatibility and testing purposes. It would be great if you would add a 0,75x (LDPI) and 1,33x (TVDPI) to your android asset export options.

Photoshop and Sketch have a similar tool in which it lets you manually set your export sizes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Export artboard (as PDF) with 'extra space' added to the artboard edge

When exporting an Artboard (as PDF) I would like an option for the artboard to be exported with extra space added to the edges, such as 400 pixels or "Export to an A4 size page set up".

Also, add Header (Name of Artboard) and Footer details (Designer name and date, etc).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow Developer to download different types of fonts like .ttf .woff and .otf

When the spec and style guide comes out in early 2017 (which I cannot wait). Usually, the developer would ask me to give them multiple file formats of the same font. I would always convert the font online to do that and it's a tedious process of uploading, converting, download and put it in a zip folder for them. It would be great if Adobe XD can automatically convert it itself.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Component State Export

This is listed as implemented/completed but it is not. My second "State" of one of my components had to be 'ungrouped' from component for it to show up in the developer's assets view.

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38978644-component-states-to-development-design-specs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In "PDF export", "opacity" is not output correctly

In the "PDF Export", the image with the opacity setting is not exported with the correct opacity. For example, the "opacity" value you have set: "10%" --> PDF export: "0%" and is hidden.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Automatically mark components for export

All components and their instances should be automatically exportable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Optimize PDF size

PDF - export files too big in size -
    Unfortunately I must to agree with many other responders; exported pdf files are still to big.
    It looks like nothing has changed or is added to this issue. There should be some setting tools to specify the pdf size. Please, open these feature again...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. add size in assets

Hello, some of us asked for shadow in assets library. Could be nice to have size too ? So I could grab a button from my design system and then apply a specific size defined in my design system.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Alt text for images and other accessibility features when exporting to PDF

I make slideshows in XD and would love a way to add alt text to the images before I export. If the slideshow is very long, it is tedious to add alt tags and accessibility features in Acrobat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Export responsive SVG

I'd like to export SVGs without coded width and height attributes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. SVG is a different size than asset due to shadow

When exporting an asset with a shadow, the downloaded SVG doesn't contain that shadow, but the dartboard matches the size of the asset including the shadow.

So maybe the SVG should just be the size of the actual element without the shadow. Otherwise the SVG doesn't match in size when implemented.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Do Not Export option for components

We can already mark for export, but it would be very helpful if we could have a do not export option for components.

For example, I work on a lot of web banner ads and our prototypes in XD need to have the Google ads icon displayed on all banner ads. I've converted this icon into a component.

Before I hand the approved ads to our developer, I change the opacity of the master icon component to 0 and then export the artwork.

I wish we could select the component in the Components panel, right click on it and choose…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make assets draggable to CC libraries

I'd like to drag and drop assets (color, components, styles) into the library panel with ease.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Download Asset in platform specific file name format

Since iOS filenaming convention doesn't allow "_" and Android Asset naming convention doesn't all "-" can the asset names be renamed internally when we choose either iOS or Android Platform?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Slug area export artboard(s)

It would be nice if there is a slug area just as indesign where you can add aditional information and export it for our clients or developing team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Determine format of subsets of batch format

I routinely want to export some assets as SVGs and others as PNGs, still others as JPGs. The current Batch Export shoots out all marked assets in one format, but I'd like to be able to specify "format groups" somehow, so that one Batch Export command would export the marked assets in the specific format I need.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Highlight component inside hover state

When you clean up the components. In case a component is inside a hover state for example and I check highlight on canvas it won't show it and you might accidentally delete it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base