Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unique clip path ID when exporting SVG

Hi, one of programmers at my work had a problem with clip path ID in SVG files that was exported from XD because each of them didn't have unique clip path ID. Whereas exporting from Illustrator had an option of giving clip path ID a unique ID. Can it be also implemented in XD?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export SVG graphics for web

Now code of exporting SVG files starts like this:
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="32." height="32" viewBox="0 0 32.000 32.000">...

Please add line "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>" befor <svg xmlns=...>
    Because lack of this string made issue with embedding SVG in content

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Export hidden icons to developer prototype

I have noticed that assets that I have selected to be uploaded to my developer prototype only seems to include assets that are visible on the art board. It would be good if the developers had access to all the assets I have selected for upload in the asset panel regardless to whether they are visible on the art board or not.

I turn visibility off for some of my icons as they change in different states and it is easier to keep them layered but the ones I'm not currently using tuned off (flash on/off/auto for example)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Recursive exporting of all assets inside groups

Is it possible to export all the assets in the art board embedded inside groups recursively.
    Example:

Group1
    - asset 1
    - Group 1.1
    -asset 1.1.1
    -asset 1.1.2

Expectation after export:
    asset1, asset1.1.1, asset1.1.2 (seperate files)

currently once way to do this is to ungroup and export it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add PDF margins on export

I work for a large ad agency. Currently we design in InDesign and export a PDF with margins to route through the agency and to and from our large, lucrative client. The margins are essential because we annotate the files. The PDF goes from department to department where stakeholders comment. The PDF is created by the art dept and lands back there and comments are addressed after it makes it's rounds.

We would need to be able to create margins on our PDF exports to hold the anotations in order to even consider using XD. I think that one tweak…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Export assets to an "asset" directory in the same location as the *.xd file

the title says it all
    During export i don't want to be clicking and looking for the location of the export every single time.

Please make a button that resets the export location to the location of *.xd file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support export to .wmf and .emf files

Add support for exporting to these file formats(.wmf and .emf)
    This is valuable to allow maximum flexibility and reduce spacing costs on cloud storage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Give a specific error when writing to a PDF that is already open

Currently when you export a PDF with the same name as an already opened previous version, it wont say what is wrong. Would be nice if they fix this!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Better export options for graphics with effects

If I, say, create a round icon at 150px without any detail such as a drop shadow or glow, it will happily export at 150px.

However, this size is increased on export with the addition of a drop shadow or glow detail etc. For example, to 168px. (The same principle would effect a shape or text element.) Currently, using the same 150px icon with drop shadow example, the asset size on the artboard does not take this into account, but still shows as overall size as 150px, even though exporting increases this.

It would be useful to have an option…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add LDPI and TVDPI to asset export tool

Although you cover the most common Android densities, sometimes you need to cover these resolutions for certain devices, for compatibility and testing purposes. It would be great if you would add a 0,75x (LDPI) and 1,33x (TVDPI) to your android asset export options.

Photoshop and Sketch have a similar tool in which it lets you manually set your export sizes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export artboard (as PDF) with 'extra space' added to the artboard edge

When exporting an Artboard (as PDF) I would like an option for the artboard to be exported with extra space added to the edges, such as 400 pixels or "Export to an A4 size page set up".

Also, add Header (Name of Artboard) and Footer details (Designer name and date, etc).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Developer to download different types of fonts like .ttf .woff and .otf

When the spec and style guide comes out in early 2017 (which I cannot wait). Usually, the developer would ask me to give them multiple file formats of the same font. I would always convert the font online to do that and it's a tedious process of uploading, converting, download and put it in a zip folder for them. It would be great if Adobe XD can automatically convert it itself.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add confirmation when exporting many assets

All export targets

File-> Export-> All Export Targets
    Can you consider displaying a confirmation dialog such as "Export XXX files? Export / Cancel" when you select this flow? (Or you can interrupt this operation)

Reason: When you want to output only one artboard, select "File-> Export-> Selected Objects", but sometimes you click "All Export Targets" due to an operation error. If all the images to be exported in the file are output, it will take a while to wait for processing, so it would be greatly appreciated if you could implement a method to avoid such an operation error. is.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export File with Component Metadata

When creating composite assets (e.g. a photograph + text) in XD, exporting into a jpg or other format discards the EXIF/IPTC/XMP metadata from the photo.

Ideally there would be some way to easily retain/inherit the metadata from one or more components on the exported file.

We currently have to reattribute our custom metadata fields onto the exported image.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add size in assets

Hello, some of us asked for shadow in assets library. Could be nice to have size too ? So I could grab a button from my design system and then apply a specific size defined in my design system.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SVG is a different size than asset due to shadow

When exporting an asset with a shadow, the downloaded SVG doesn't contain that shadow, but the dartboard matches the size of the asset including the shadow.

So maybe the SVG should just be the size of the actual element without the shadow. Otherwise the SVG doesn't match in size when implemented.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Do Not Export option for components

We can already mark for export, but it would be very helpful if we could have a do not export option for components.

For example, I work on a lot of web banner ads and our prototypes in XD need to have the Google ads icon displayed on all banner ads. I've converted this icon into a component.

Before I hand the approved ads to our developer, I change the opacity of the master icon component to 0 and then export the artwork.

I wish we could select the component in the Components panel, right click on it and choose…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make assets draggable to CC libraries

I'd like to drag and drop assets (color, components, styles) into the library panel with ease.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Download Asset in platform specific file name format

Since iOS filenaming convention doesn't allow "_" and Android Asset naming convention doesn't all "-" can the asset names be renamed internally when we choose either iOS or Android Platform?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base