Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to name individual exports during the export process

When I export, the exported file name defaults to the name of the XD file.

I often have multiple pages / flows within one file - however if I want to export for example one particular feature's mockups (5 artboards of the 30 pages I'm working on) into one PDF, I can't name that PDF uniquely.

It makes no sense that I can't specify the file name of what I'm exporting at the time of the export

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Separate Quality Settings for 1x and 2x JPEG Export

2x JPEGs typically should be compressed more than 1x JPEGs, so being able to individually set quality would be extremely useful, otherwise I have to do two separate exports (each with a different quality) and merge the results.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Remember previously exported objects

If you've changed numerous assets you should be able to hit export and by default it will reexport them all to the same location as before, like Sketch's "Make Exportable" feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Flag hidden text on Export

When exporting (to PDF, PNG, anything) scan to see if any text is hidden inside text boxes (of the artboards that are being exported) and warn the user that there is some hidden text. Just of the artboards or assets that are being exported, however. e.g. If I'm exporting pages 1 - 4, don't tell me there's some hidden text on page 5.

(look at InDesign for example of this functionality).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Cannot import XD SVG into Illustrator

イラストレーター(ai)形式の書き出し機能が欲しい。
    書き出したSVGをイラレに持っていくとデータがかなり抜け落ちてしまう。

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I believe the new version of Illustrator released in November had some changes to address this issue. Could you please try again and let us know if this issue is fixed?

Thanks,

-Elaine

11月にリリースされたIllustratorの新しいバージョンでは、この問題に対処するためにいくつかの変更が加えられたと思います。 この問題が修正された場合はもう一度お試しください。

6. Export Adobe XD art boards to Keynote files

I just saw some really amazing slide decks at Adobe Max made using Adobe Xd. I make a ton of slide decks and would love to make these decks in Xd and be able to export them as Keynote files, so other people (no designers) can use and edit the same file in keynote.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Convert text to curves on assets on export

Hey! It would be great to have the assets marked to export to be converted to curves when published on the design specs page.

Today, when I mark a Font Awesome icon built with ligatures for export, the devs (who export all assets in SVG) get an icon with the character from the font itself and not the vector asset.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Select the bit size of image in png format (8 bit, 32 bit)

I want to select the bit size of image(8bit / 32bit..) in png format in XD.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Maintain creation order of artboards when exporting to pdf

Artboard export to pdf is currently top left to bottom right. When linking to the PDF from InDesign this may mess up the links if artboards are rearranged or added later.

An option to change this behavior to be closer to Illustrator would fix this issue. I.e. export in order of creation.

Unless there is another way to reference XD files from within InDesign?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Possibility to add timestamp/version note on export artboards

I share prototype sketches with developers in the team. Each time I update sketch I need somehow to inform them about that. I try to add version and timestamp so they can make sure they follow the latest revision.

Proposal: File > Export... > (Add timestamp / Version / Note)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. copy as pdf

Could it be added the function of "Copy as PDF"? When I copy and paste directly an asset or artboard to clipboard. It seems convert it to png file type now. Actually it will be more efficient than menu command "export to PDF". And in the Ai or Indesign copy as PDF to clipboard is a basic feature. Hope for that, thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export at 4x

I know it’s not the primary usage for XD, but I was designing a little poster for a client in A4 and they suddenly changed their mind and wanted A3. I always export higher resolution, not just in print (using web export, which gives both 1x and 2x). So, since I wanted to have A3@2x, I had to manually copy the content and scale it up to a bigger art board. Thankfully there weren’t many changes in the poster after this but it got me thinking - it’d be neat if I could just export 4x of what I had…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Import XD Assets into InDesign

Looking to implement a design system organization-wide. It would be nice to be able to access assets created in XD in other Adobe applications (InDesign). For example, incorporating into an InDesign Library, all the assets from the "master" XD design system (buttons, logos, sliders, etc.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Select whether to export Android assets into a drawable or mipmap directory

I work with developers, and we found a little problem during the export of assets for android : The folder where are exported the assets are named "drawable-hdpi" … or now, I don't know exactly from when, the folder to make an app is called "mipmap-hdi" …

It depends on actually of some projects (sometimes you can still use drawable and sometimes not), but it will be a good idea to add a function to choose the name of folders :)

Can you fix it for another update? Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add prefix when exporting artboards

When working on a project with a whole lot of Artboards, its nice to have an option to Add a Prefix to the Artboard Name when Exporting.

This will reduce the Name of the Artboard while working, this you you don't see repetitions in the Sidebar too. You will also be able to fit more of the title, when you are linking in Prototype mode.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Copy as bitmap

copy to microsoft powerpoint and word as an image to make a presentation

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to export entire screens at a custom size

I would like the ability to export entire screens at a custom size for use in promotional designs and print settings. When choosing "export for design" it exports it at an unusable quality with no option to export at a higher resolution. When everything is being designed with vector elements it makes no sense that I can't export at a higher resolution. The only workaround I have found is to export for android and only take the highest resolution, but this is a hassle and still somewhat limiting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PDF export options: artboard title, 2-up view, prototype links

In the PDF export process, there should be some check boxes.

One should allow you to include the Artboard title.

One should allow you to arrange the Artboard's in 2, 4 and 6 up options on a page (I accomplish this by opening in Preview on the Mac and printing as PDF and using the Mac's layout feature), but it would be nice to have it built into XD.

One should allow for printing the Prototype links between Artboard elements, using some type of ability to tile the output to a multiple page pdf that can be printed and reassembled…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Export PDFs with transparency

Right now it seems that I can export vector graphics as PNGs with transparent backgrounds but this is not true for PDFs. Even when I uncheck FILL, the PDF is still exported with a white fill.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base