Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

36 results found

1. When we have 25+ icons on the all artboards, we must have a command to export all the icons in one single click which will save a lot of time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hi,

Starting with XD 4.0, you can mark an object for export. You can then export all marked objects in a single operation using File → Export→ Export batch or shortcut Shift + Cmd/Ctrl + E.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    M.

2. Many times when exporting to PDF, while most assets may be vector there are some bitmap assets included (think a thumbnail image inside a UI)... while I have control over the pixel density at design time (I can use a larger bitmap and scale down) when I export, it always downsamples the image to 1x. Would be good to either downsample to 2x or not at all.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I know it’s not the primary usage for XD, but I was designing a little poster for a client in A4 and they suddenly changed their mind and wanted A3. I always export higher resolution, not just in print (using web export, which gives both 1x and 2x). So, since I wanted to have A3@2x, I had to manually copy the content and scale it up to a bigger art board. Thankfully there weren’t many changes in the poster after this but it got me thinking - it’d be neat if I could just export 4x of what I had…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all!

Happy to let you know that starting with XD 45 you can export assets at 4x!
    And 5x! And 6x! And to any other custom value you wish between 0.1x and 10x!
    Let us know your feedback.

Happy exporting!
    Corina Murgila

4. Being able to choose which files to export and NOT export would be great. So that you can easily re-export all images of a UI without hand-picking every file you want to export. So a tag for include/exclude....(!) Should also work with groups so that groups of buttons and text can exclude the text in an export process.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Starting with XD 4.0 you can mark for export individual assets and export them in a format of your choice. Marking can be done using the layers panel. After marking, you can select the following menu sequence File →Export→Batch or shortcut Shift + Cmd/Ctrl + E.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    M.

5. This is straight taken from my Sketch workflow. In Sketch, when you copy an artboard, the pastable asset is a raster version of your artboard. This allows to quickly paste a work in progress to a Trello card or Slack channel/conversation. This also negates having to export an asset for nothing, saving time and reducing project clutter in general.

As of now,

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When your XD file synces automatically to CC Cloud files it is in a unreadable format. Taking up space while unusable. Please fix this or just don't have them sync. I realize easier to share on another computer with XD on it but I don't think it should be the default to automatically share unless it shared as a JPEG at the very least.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The Export options have a confusing naming in German.

There are three options at "File" > "Export": (German: Datei > Exportieren)

"Martkiere...", "Nur ausgewählte", "Alle Zeichenflächen" and "After Effects"

Unfortunately the first two "Markierte" and "Nur ausgewählte" are a bit misleading because they mean the same in German. A more precise naming that makes clear what distinguishes these options from each other would be great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Just the ability to be able to click and drag a layer or object across in Xd would be class.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the latest version of Adobe XD it is now possible to drag & drop layers from Photoshop into XD to import them. (You can also copy-paste).

You can copy-paste individual assets from Illustrator into Adobe XD, though you can’t drag & drop them.

That seems like enough to call this feature completed now. Please let us know if I’ve misunderstood what you’re asking for, though.

9. Please let me have my JPGs at 3x!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Easiest way by far to share colors & text style across documents. Should work like symbols - update Master in Master doc, propagate changes from master to children

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I needed to overwrite a file when exporting it. However, I spent approximately 20 minutes trying to figure out why I kept getting the error "There was a problem exporting your asset. We'd love to understand what went wrong so that we can fix this for you. Please tell us about the problem here."

I finally realized that this was because I was overwriting an opened file (I was viewing it in Adobe reader). As a software engineer to a team of software engineers, I highly recommend making the errors much more specific to the issue.

if File.isOpen()
    sendError("Please close…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Artboards should export at the device's true resolution. iPhone 7 Plus should export at 1242x2208 and not the 414x870. Same with Android's 1080x1920 resolution.

We should at least select the 3 times (3x) option when exporting. Artboards. The PDF option creates too many steps to create a PNG/JPG of an Artboard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Often what happens is that Developers require some assets in either SVG format or any of the other image formats.

Using Design Specs, exporting/downloading a specific icon/vector shape would help ease the asset transferring between Designers and Developers. This would also help maintain the right assets and share it with ease.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Be able to pick a single (or multiple) artboard to export as pdf. Working with multiple artboards to show simple drop down executions and do not need them all exported together since then I have to go into Acrobat and delete pages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. XD is a great software to design digital assets with vector graphics and text. It would be perfect if text could be converted into curves when assets are saved as svg files for web.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

Hi Frank, we support this, go to Path → Convert to Path.
    Perhaps we need to make it more obvious.

Tom

16. Unless I missed something, there is no way to name the new export, and it will use the .xd filename and add the relevant extension (PDF, etc...)

Could we give it a different name so we don't have to overwrite, or create a subfolder?

This is useful when exporting a subset of artboards from the same project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →