Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom name in sharing link URL (instead of random characters)

Include the file name in the shared link to make it easier to keep track of multiple XD prototypes.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow to save copy of XD file on the computer automatically in addition to Cloud Documents

With the new version of XD, you now have 2 options to Save: Cloud Documents, Your Computer...

Say I've saved a file to Cloud Documents. If I want to work on this file offline, I have to plan ahead to save this file to my computer too; that's double the clicks. And I have to remember which file is the most up-to-date to replace the old one, which is not good user experience in terms of human memory. Can we have an option to automatically save a copy to our computers with Automatic Sync?

While I'm at it, can I…

6 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What we’re thinking about right now is to have a representation of the file, but not the file itself. To be a lot less technical, it would look like an .xd document, but would be a link to the cloud document instead. So you could create one wherever you’d like (like into a folder with the rest of your assets), but it would always go to the document in the cloud instead of being a local file you’d have to maintain.

If so, I can update the feature request to be more about having these links you can save to your local file system than about saving a copy of it locally.

• Can't publish prototypes that don't contain interaction?

I just updated my XD to 2.0 (2.0.32.10). I'm using a mid-15 MBPr. I just realized this morning when I tried to get a sharing link of the prototype for my colleague that XD now does not allow me to generate a sharing link because the home artboard doesn't contain any interaction.
        Somehow I can understand the design logic behind this, but still there's something that doesn't add up. If XD are preventing prototypes that contain no interaction to be published and get their sharing links, then what's the Previous Page / Next Page buttons being in the online preview…

4 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Allow downloading images from web viewer

Allow easy downloading of images from the web view. It looks like the app deliberately obfuscates this ability (right click -> download image is not possible in browser).
          Seeing as there is no built in version control or reference ID for version of images, downloading images is necessary to take snapshots of progress.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Guest Log-In (no log-in) for reviewers only

Adobe keeps saying this issue is resolved. It's not. Please allow an Adobe XD creator to share an XD preview without the reviewer (client) having to have an Adobe account or log in. Should be as simple as click the link for a preview. And they should be private. (password optional). Same as Google Drive sharing "Anyone with link can view".

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for contacting us! When you click on Share > “Share for Review,” you should be able to see a screen that publishes a public view that does not require a login to view. (You should see four checkmarks: Allow Comments, Open in Full Screen, Show Hotspot, Hints, and Require Password.) Your clients can sign in as a guest to comment – no password required, just a CAPTCHA.

If you create a private link, your users will need an Adobe ID to sign in.

That being said, there’s also a chance that if you’re in a managed enterprise, your admin could have turned this option off and required you to use invitations instead of creating public links. Is there a possibility that might have happened?

• Save Prototype to desktop for review

Ok, I have a file that has been lost but I have published on Behance and I have a Published link. It would Great If I could (Save or Download) from Published.
              Or If a client wanted to send feedback but they also wanted to Save and Print a copy they could also Download the file from here too maybe as a PDF or a Folder of images

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! If I understand this request correctly, you’re actually asking TWO things = 1. to download the original design file from the shared prototype, and 2. to be able to enable customers to download a copy of the shared prototype to their machines. Is that correct?

• Access Shared for Review documents with XD mobile apps

Currently if you share a document using the Share for Review function the receiver can only see this document on a web browser. This has limitations, both on viewing experience (browser chrome gets in the way) and performance.

It would be great if the prototype could be seen directly inside the mobile XD apps instead, under the Shared with You section.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Message from Arun:

While I see your point about browser chrome still present when viewing a prototype on mobile web browser, I am not sure I understood the issue with performance.

Can you elaborate more on why you felt the performance of viewing prototypes on mobile web is slower? Any specific examples that you can share will help us dig into this further and improve the experience.

On the viewing experience as well, we have recently made some improvements where-in maximum real estate is now used to show the prototype in its glory. Browser chrome on most browsers go away after some time allowing you to see the full height prototype. Please give this a try and let us know your feedback. I am eager to hear more from you.

• Unique id number per screen

Problem: I cannot tell clients or partners to check screen X because everytime I update my XD files with new screens that are not at the end the pages on the bottom (x of total) change. So a screen on page 45 may become 46.

Solution: Either add a new (fixed for ever) page number at the end or provide sperate (viewable IDs, probably together with the artboard's title).

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We already support deep linking, where you can refer to specific artboards via the URL. When you navigate to artboard 45 in your case, just copy and paste the URL from your bar and send that, and your clients/partners will get a link to just that artboard.

Does that work for you?

• Integrate uservoice into XD prototype

Currently there is no way to directly share the feedback from the XD prototype web app.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Could we have versions and comments aligned to versions?

At the moment I realise a prototype, everyone comments on it and if I update the prototype the comments are lost.

I think it would be really cool if comments were maintained if i republish a prototype.
                      Maybe the comments could be labelled with a page release version number or date so i can hid them - but I don't want to lose the comments, i want the person who left the comment to be able to marked the problem they highlighted as solved.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Text playing on sharing

while using text playing, it ask to sign-in.
                        this shouldn't be happen, for example if i want to share with my client & he dont have adobe account or for user testing. it will be a gr8 mess.
                        like it happened to me with my client for user testing. THIS ISSUE SHOULD BE FIX

0 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. If you publish as a public link, your client won’t need to sign in to play the prototype. Your client will only need to sign in (as a guest, if they don’t want to create an Adobe ID) to leave a comment.

Are you looking for something else?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base