Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom name in sharing link URL (instead of random characters)

Include the file name in the shared link to make it easier to keep track of multiple XD prototypes.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show resolved comments

Radio to see resolved comments. Once I mark comment as resolved, never get the content back (or to see, how many comments there was...)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow downloading images from web viewer

Allow easy downloading of images from the web view. It looks like the app deliberately obfuscates this ability (right click -> download image is not possible in browser).
    Seeing as there is no built in version control or reference ID for version of images, downloading images is necessary to take snapshots of progress.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please, create 2 views for share prototype as Overflow has. It gives a possibility to view all screens and connections in same time.

Main idea not only click and preview, but see all connections for screens. It is more schematic way to see linking. It is also useful for clients.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Save Prototype to desktop for review

Ok, I have a file that has been lost but I have published on Behance and I have a Published link. It would Great If I could (Save or Download) from Published.
    Or If a client wanted to send feedback but they also wanted to Save and Print a copy they could also Download the file from here too maybe as a PDF or a Folder of images

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! If I understand this request correctly, you’re actually asking TWO things = 1. to download the original design file from the shared prototype, and 2. to be able to enable customers to download a copy of the shared prototype to their machines. Is that correct?

6. Resolved/Unresolved comments in same view

I may be delusional, but I think I remember this being the way it was originally, but.... I would like a way to see Resolved and Unresolved comments in the same view, with the pins being different colors on the page. Three filters: "Resolved", "Unresolved", "ALL". As it is right now, I can only see either Resolved or Unresolved comments on a page.

Thank you for such a great product! It has really helped our collaboration tremendously.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Access Shared for Review documents with XD mobile apps

Currently if you share a document using the Share for Review function the receiver can only see this document on a web browser. This has limitations, both on viewing experience (browser chrome gets in the way) and performance.

It would be great if the prototype could be seen directly inside the mobile XD apps instead, under the Shared with You section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Message from Arun:

While I see your point about browser chrome still present when viewing a prototype on mobile web browser, I am not sure I understood the issue with performance.

Can you elaborate more on why you felt the performance of viewing prototypes on mobile web is slower? Any specific examples that you can share will help us dig into this further and improve the experience.

On the viewing experience as well, we have recently made some improvements where-in maximum real estate is now used to show the prototype in its glory. Browser chrome on most browsers go away after some time allowing you to see the full height prototype. Please give this a try and let us know your feedback. I am eager to hear more from you.

8. Could we have versions and comments aligned to versions?

At the moment I realise a prototype, everyone comments on it and if I update the prototype the comments are lost.

I think it would be really cool if comments were maintained if i republish a prototype.
    Maybe the comments could be labelled with a page release version number or date so i can hid them - but I don't want to lose the comments, i want the person who left the comment to be able to marked the problem they highlighted as solved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Text playing on sharing

while using text playing, it ask to sign-in.
    this shouldn't be happen, for example if i want to share with my client & he dont have adobe account or for user testing. it will be a gr8 mess.
    like it happened to me with my client for user testing. THIS ISSUE SHOULD BE FIX

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. If you publish as a public link, your client won’t need to sign in to play the prototype. Your client will only need to sign in (as a guest, if they don’t want to create an Adobe ID) to leave a comment.

Are you looking for something else?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base