Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bypass cloud prototype link password when linking from the source file

Password protected prototype shares are great, but is it fair to assume that the owner of the source file can get straight in when they open it from the source file in XD - I think so, given that they can change the password. It's a little annoying having to input it every time. Likewise from notifications in the desktop app - but clearly that is a little different as you're not in the source file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. favicon

Displaying the icon in browsers and launcher icons (iOS, Android) improves the experience with the user tests and the open a lot of opurtunities to experiment as a designer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable prototype embedded in iframe to still support commenting

Please allow the embed option which products an iFrame to have the ability to allow comments in the same way that the direct link has.

This should also ideally allow a simple way to get to the comments section from the prototype, such as when the cursor reaches the far right edge of the page, the comments will slide in from the right, for example.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to show elements "floating center" or "floating bottom"

We are testing XD as a replacement for visually spec'ing on the web. It would be great if we could specify screen positions for elements that either are floating center vertically within a column, floating 30% above the bottom of a column, 30px from the bottom of a column, etc. Essentially, it would be helpful to be able to communicate position as a container percentage, as well as a way to communicate that this element's positioning is relative to the top, middle, or bottom of an element.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We currently don’t reference to center and bottom, but we do use a fixed viewport. This means that your object can be 30px off the bottom of the viewport and will stay there if the fixed element selection is turned on. Similarly, if you position your object at the center of your viewport, it’ll stay there if the position is set. While the way you think of it is different than your developer, it should at least look the same.

5. Associate comments with versions of the prototype

At the moment I realise a prototype, everyone comments on it and if I update the prototype the comments are lost.

I think it would be really cool if comments were maintained if i republish a prototype.
    Maybe the comments could be labelled with a page release version number or date so i can hid them - but I don't want to lose the comments, i want the person who left the comment to be able to marked the problem they highlighted as solved.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to update OpenGraph data (link preview) to shared prototypes

The default link text that appears when I share a prototype doesn't look very professional, nor is it very useful for people who see multiple of these in a day.

My suggestion is that you give us a place to put "About" data for the file, and that this is used as the OpenGraph text for link previewing in applications like Slack, Skype, etc.

I'm attaching a photo of what my current link share looks like, and what I propose could happen with some sort of "Info" text.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Larger non-fullscreen view

When I run a user test, I like to use the generated link. During a user test, it is often useful to use the little home button at the bottom of the page. In fullscreen view, this button is unavailable. When not in fullscreen view, the artboard is represented quite small compared tt the browser window, making features less distinct. Could you either:

1. Add the home button to the fullscreen view or

2. Make the area for displaying the artboard in the non-fullscreen view, larger

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Export "Share Online" Markups as Annotated PDF

The agency I work for is very particular about archiving internal and external markups. It would be great to have an option to export the "Share Online" markups into an annotated PDF for archiving.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add frame line on fullscreen view showing the limits of the screen when previewing a prototype locally

When sharing a design with multiple sizes and a black background it becomes impossible to see the edges of the screen. Adding a 1px #555 line would be enough to improve the preview experience by allowing the user to see the edges of say a small mobile screen on fullscreen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove annoying overlay on top of the screen

Please remove this annoying overlay (please see the screenshot). It covers the art board and influences first impression.

If this is needed, please add it to loading screen before loading the prototype. Something like Invisionapp has for example.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Loading indication

When viewing on a mobile in browser, you forgot to design the 'Loading' indication text. It sits there top left 'tucked' up in the corner.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Able to use prototype in web view

Like how we use Marvelapp or Invision to prototype the design properly without being put in shared view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. View designs/ prototype in browser not in the my work section

I would like to view my designs in the browser not in the my work section. The full screen mode as it doesn't scale properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Comment box is too narrow

Widen the comment box length when editing a comment.
    Because it’s easier to edit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Download file from Link

Hi, I don't have the original XD file anymore and wanna download it from shared link including vectors... is that possible?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. dont cache cloud docs (if opened from the machine) locally

my local drive is filled with the cache of previously opened cloud documents. why is the cache not cleared automatically?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Presentation notes

Note Mode in Presentation Link

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Task list on shared prototype

Task list in the RHS panel so audience can add or review the tasks at hand.
    We should able to switch between comments and tasks panel from the RHS icon bar.
    Also it would be great if we can set priority, due date, and assignee.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shared for Web Preview in Chrome/Edge on windows image quality issue

Since that new Auto-fit feature appeared, I've noticed the quality of image in Chrome and Edge on Windows not rendering properly as if it was using a scaling resampling such as NEAREST NEIGHBOR (which distorts edges in an image) instead of a BILINEAR (stays smooth and sharp). It wasn't doing that not too long ago but it's so bad that I have to stop sharing with my clients.

It seems to be better in Firefox.

Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Last version of XD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

To understand this problem more, is it possible for you to share more details of what did you mean by image quality issues?
    Perhaps a screenshot of an image that you see in the app and how is it appearing in your chrome browser would help. What would also be really useful is to give info on what are the properties and settings you are doing on that image inside the app.

Thanks!

20. Show hotspots for all interaction types

Right now Hotspots show when there is an object with the "tap" links activated. But for example If I have a button with a "hover" state and that hover state has the "tap" link. Then it doesn't show when I share my prototype.

It'd be cool to maybe make custom hotspots or something to guide our teammates through the prototype. Like some kind of onboarding.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base