Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Trim Recorded Video

Something very similar to Quicktime's Trim feature, I would like to be able to trim the video on either side so that I can get the mouse in the right position, etc (this isn't cropping the video to a new resolution, simply shortening the length of the video)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ability to "like" to comments

Sometime is will be useful for participants to acknowledge a comment. It would be nice to add the ability to add a Like to the comments.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More comprehensive link management system

Hello,

It would be great to have a list containing all the XD URLs created by my own account.

The reasons why:
    - as it stands now, anytime I'm searching for a URL, I have to open again the XD file, even if I'm just searching for the URL and I'm not going to work on XD.
    - sometimes we share more than a URL with a client. By having a list, we would have under control the amount of URLs created for every client.
    - since the only way to get the URL is open the app, my colleagues…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Separate different types of comments in Shared Prototype Link

It would be really useful for the prototype owner to be able to choose the type of comment they use on a prototype.

For example:
    Standard Comments - The current comment style used today
    Annotation Comment - These would be used to denote key callouts for stakeholders/developers
    Designer Comment - Personal notes that remind us to make changes to the design after a stakeholder/user review. (only seen by prototype owner/collaborators)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Presenter Mode

I have had a need to present a design and be in control. Our client can't use software for screen sharing and being able to show them a prototype and direct the exploration would be extremely beneficial. I remember seeing a feature like this somewhere but I am not remembering where.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shareable Prototype With Multiple Size Artboards

I was trying to share a document I had with the link but since there are multiple sized artboards and they aren't linearly linked with the prototyping tools it only uploaded one set of artboards. I created a screen and marked it as home that contained links to the separate prototypes, however it would be great to be able to have this be natively implemented with grouping prototypes etc.

The whole goal was to limit the number of links we send an individual.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to select iPhone skins with Behance prototypes

Perhaps more of a Behance feature request, but would be cool to have the ability to choose iPhone/mobile skins when embedding prototypes in Behance.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Control whether artboard navigation arrows are visible in prototype or not

Currently, shared prototypes on the web show navigation controls at the bottom sometimes, but not always. Specifically, nav controls are only visible if (a) the commenting sidebar is open, or (b) all the time, if the prototype has no clickable hotspots (interaction wires).

As the author of the prototype, I'd like to be able to make the nav controls visible all the time -- even if I do have interactions defined.

There may also be use cases where you want the arrows hidden even when a user is leaving comments.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to make (Guest) comments only visible for owner

I'm currently testing one of my designs in XD.

I've shared my design with some users so they could leave their feedback by using the comment en pin tool.
    Those comments are visible for everyone what could influence the users comments by reading other users comments.

I think i would be great if the owner can decide whom can view the comments and mark them as invisible when desired.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Design Roadmap

My team often needs a vision to start with, but also smaller increments for in between. It would be great to have the possibility to show the design roadmap to the devs / shareholders.

Some more detail:
    We will usually have a big idea, very rough on a sketch level - defined from user research etc. But to get to this point and to have it validated, we need to split it up in smaller increments.
    Now I just have an xd file called vision, then another one mvp or mvp2 or mvp3 ... you get it. It would be…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cookie message is too big, and cumbersome to use

Add a close button to the cookie message, or other quick way to hide it.

The cookie message blocks parts of the UI, and there is no save button when you choose options. It seems designed to get you to accept all cookies.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add annotations for custom code to export, shown in published Specs view

It would be nice to have an area that you could have exportable code like html and css. Also allowing you to add in any related custom code for a particular element that you click on in the dev spec.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Revert to previous 'Share' UI

The previous 'Share' UI was fast, simple, and easy to use.

This new UI is confusing, unnecessary, and wasteful. Was it designed by the same people who created the new AdobeCC UI????

A) The new 'Share' Tab is useless. I can already see what I'm sharing on either of the other tabs - having a 3rd tab is completely asinine unless there is some helpful functionality to this screen/view.

B) The only functionality I have in this state is 'zoom' - a state I cannot exit once I've clicked on the 'zoom' tool. AND the keyboard/mouse shortcut I actually use…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove a user from all shared prototypes and design specs

When someone needs to be removed from all mockups its a long and painful process. Can we have something that allows us to "cut someone off" without having to find out which mockups they have access to and then go into each mockup one at a time to remove them. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Share for Review Links: Set All Screen Comments off by default

I'm regularly sending review links to non-designers/older clients and I don't want to confuse them.

I'd like to have the option to set "All Screen Comments" off by default.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Eye tracking

a plugin to use webcam for tracking eye motions of the user [when using an XD interactive prototype]

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Artboard numbers in grid view

Need to type page number and go to it. now just next & back.

In show all pages, should show page number .

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. increase the number of active shared prototypes and design specs for free users

I understand why the limit exists and I'm ok with the presence of a limit in the active shared prototypes and design specs.
    Given that nowadays almost every develop platforms have quite large free tiers (Azure DevOps, GitHub, TeamCity, AWS, GitLab, and others), the limit of one active project don't fit very well with the free tiers of those dev tools.

I think that a bigger limit could be really really appreciated from hobbyists, freelances and small startup (which are the users of those free tiers) who can do the upgrade to a paid plan when their business permit it. …

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Reorder web comments

Have pins display in ascending order

Description: Display the order of pins in ascending order so the oldest pin is at the top and the latest pin at the bottom.

When looking at a page, you scroll down. It would just make sense to have the pins go in the same direction. Maybe give us the ability to toggle between ascending and descending.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unique id number per screen

Problem: I cannot tell clients or partners to check screen X because everytime I update my XD files with new screens that are not at the end the pages on the bottom (x of total) change. So a screen on page 45 may become 46.

Solution: Either add a new (fixed for ever) page number at the end or provide sperate (viewable IDs, probably together with the artboard's title).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base