Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow people to become watchers of a prototype

Allow people to become watchers of a prototype so when the document is updated they could get updates to check it out.

Bonus points if it can highlight what's new.

This would be great because I'm working on something and my manager works remotely and feeding back as i'm working. I'f she and others were notified when it gets updated then it would save me a manual email every time I make a change.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started working on showing all artboards present in a Design specs link as thumbnails which will be the New page overview. We will also show which artboards have comments in it against corresponding artboard thumbnail that is shown in that page overview.

3. Exclude overlay artboard from arrow navigation on shared prototype

Able to remove an artboard from the prototype arrow navigation

I understand how the upload works, but i have a project where it would be nice to decide wich artboard can be accessible using arrows from the prototype.

My prototype start with a Dashboard, on the side menu (main nav), when you click a button, i want to show how the submenu will appear and its conent.

So i decided to make an artboard for the side menu only and wire my button with the submenu artboard and incrustate it in my dashboard artboard. Everything goes smooth and works exactly…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reorder Comments

Comments are great and I always use them. I find myself wanting to reorder comments so my 5th comment (for example) can be placed at the top as my 1st comment.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Collaborative features (drawing) on the shared prototype

I'd very much like to see more elaborate way of collaborating, meaning that it would be amazing if you could comment, draw and discuss the web shared prototype, directly on the prototype link.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’ll be leaving this suggestion open, but we currently do have comments and replies support in shared prototypes. You can view them by clicking on the speech bubble in the upper right hand corner of your shared prototype page.

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

6. Usability Testing: Provide "Task Lists" to users of shared prototype

Just saw UXpin's beta for testing. It allows us to send them a "task list" to complete. The user makes their way through the tasks.

Would really love to have XD become my one stop solution...those other guys are charging like $50 a month just for that one tool. I know adobe can bring more.

----
    Edit: we removed the parts about 'every click is recorded' and 'record their facial expression' -- if you are interested in those please upvote the other linked ideas listed below.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to disable keyboard navigation in shared prototype

There is nothing worse than people flicking through your interactive wireframes as if they were looking at a PDF or PowerPoint presentation. I see this all the time where people forgot to INTERACT with the wireframes and just press the arrow keys on their keyboard to navigate.

It's imperative when sharing interactive wireframes that people shift their mindset to that of a user, and use the built navigation.

Please can you add some option to disable "navigation" using the cursor keys. Having this feature on a fully wired prototype goes against the very point of creating interactive wireframes.

Thanks.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change name of shared prototype

Easily change link name in my Prototypes section in the Creative Cloud Account.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Categorize comments

I'd like to be able to tag/categorize comments

Use case: To distinguish between notes related to design, development, copywriting etc.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Updates notification for shared prototypes

After reviewing shared prototype it's hard to see it there were any updates made to the file.

It would be nice to have option "notify me on updates" that will let me know whenever the author updates the prototype.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Embeddable Design Specs

The possibility to embed design specs, either with an embeddable code like the prototype or by removing the "X-Frame-Options DENY" header currently being sent.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Invite user groups to private links

I have a lot of stakeholders that need access to any given prototype. I'd like to be able to invite a user group to a private prototype so I don't have to manage individual users on a single link.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Full width prototype on mobile (with fixed elements)

After fixed elements update (Jun 19, 2018) my prototypes, when previewed on mobile, no longer stretch to the side edges of the screen (see image).

I want my client to see it proportionally stretched no matter what mobile device they are using.

I assume this was done to accommodate positioning of fixed elements on a page.

Maybe we can add an option where the designer chooses if the design will stretch proportionally (and hides the bottom of the design) and when it will shrink and show the whole design.

And to address positioning of fixed elements in the stretching option.…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  7 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Secret comments

It would be really good if one could choose if the comments should we visible for other users or not.
    Sometimes there is value in the users not seeing each others comments and sometimes there is good to be able to 'discuss' the mockups.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatically update/sync Sharing URL when we edit / make changes to mockup

Automatic update on Sharing URL when we made changes on mockup

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Emoji and Image on Comments

When posting comments on the shared design on the web, I would love to be able to use emoji and images in the comments similar to Slack or Dropbox.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Quick way to navigate to a specific artboard when viewing shared prototype

It would be great to be able to choose the page to view online directly.

When you want to quickly show a certain page in your mockup, or start anywhere else than your designated Home, it can be tedious to click through the prototype as not all the paths are there.
    Using the previous/next buttons can be confusing as it depends on how you have spread out the artboards.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Inform viewers of updates to the screens

I'd like to suggest to have a notification somewhere to inform the viewers that the prototype has been updated so that the current viewers could refresh the page. If a developer is looking at it, he wouldnt realise that there were changes made to the screen as there is no indicator of new changes. So every time I shared my prototype again, I had to inform the team (through slack or trello) that I've made some updates so that they could refresh the page to look at changes made to the screens.

I don't want it interrupt ongoing presentations or…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Share Again – don’t copy URL on Saved-As

I often ‘save as’ my app, and rebrand it for a different client. Despite renaming the saved-as file, if I SHARE AGAIN, it will remember the old URL – and sometimes I’m tired enough to accidentally over-write the file. This would be disastrous with clients! Please forget the URL of a saved-as file.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Flow view share link

Currently the URL for a shared link is the same between GRID view and FLOW view. Is it possible to have a separate link for these. Eg. https://xd.adobe.com/view/unique-id/grid and https://xd.adobe.com/view/unique-id/flow ?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base