Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

60 results found

1. First of all, thank you for a great product (even for a beta)!

I am currently working on a larger website mocku project for a client, I used the SHARE ONLINE feature that you provide. For small projects this works great as it is now, but for projects with many artboards it get's hard to keep track of when or where or by whom a new comment has been made - hence as the title says, it would be great with some kind of notification system, maybe some kind of simple color indication that a new comment was made in…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I have a lot of stakeholders that need access to any given prototype. I'd like to be able to invite a user group to a private prototype so I don't have to manage individual users on a single link.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When creating a shareable link you're given the ability to create multiples which are great for iterations. However, the update link function is more confusing. Is it updating the first link I created? The most recently created? Is there a way to update certain links and not others for different department reviews?

I suggest making link management part of the dialogue to allow the user to select which link they're updating.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In recent months, we’ve made some significant changes in this area. First off, we’ve introduced the ability to publish and manage multiple links. Secondly, when you Save As to a new document, you can no longer update links that were applicable in the previous file.

4. Would be nice to have the option to see where interactive hotspots are when viewing a prototype on the web.

I do think the option to have them hidden is still important for user testing, but client demos would be aided by a hint as to what can be clicked on.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available. When you click on a portion of a shared protototype that is not clickable, you will get hotspot hints. In the future, we will offer the ability to turn off the hotspot hints. For now, they are on all the time.

• Comments section is very valuable, but people have been missing that during handoffs and discussions. Its not clear that tapping the icon is will open up the comments panel. A first time learning curve.
    • Also replies are not easily discovered. It might make sense to collapse when we have a lot of comments/ replies in a thread, but to start with can we have everything opened up. Or a switch to full collapse/ open
    • It also not evident if new comments are placed. I do get a notification but would need to go to each screen to hunt for the…
    19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It'd be amazing to be able to embed a shared prototype so clients, users can interact with it.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Love the new update with states, versioning and co-editing!!! Awesome!!!

Though there's one thing in the new update that is quite annoying. When working I always tab between between Design and Prototype mode using Ctrl + tab. The new update expects me to Design then prototype and then share. I feel the share screen gets in the way when toggling between design and prototype.

For me my workflow is:
    Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype (and then Share after many iterations)

The new change "forces" me to go to the Share screen after each prototype…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a direct link to a screen/artboard in a shared prototype: e.g. xd.adobe.com/view/prototype-id#screen-name.

Additionally, a list of screens (like in Axure) might be useful.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Share link Again button placement feels like it should switch place with Update link..

BECAUSE:
    I usually send out links to the team/clients, and when I want to update the Link (Share Again) then right after clicking the buttons change to "Update Link" or "Create New Link" The one beneath the mouse cursor is Create New, and that really is a mess since its really easy to missclick that button. I generally always just want to Update my prototype since the link is already out there.. Not have a chance to missclick the New link and have to send a…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be great to be able to choose the page to view online directly.

When you want to quickly show a certain page in your mockup, or start anywhere else than your designated Home, it can be tedious to click through the prototype as not all the paths are there.
    Using the previous/next buttons can be confusing as it depends on how you have spread out the artboards.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the upper left of the navigation, there’s an icon with four squares in it. This will show a grid overview of all of the artboards in the document, which shoudl allow you to quickly jump to an artboard. Once you have the artboard open, you can copy the URL to then jump directly there. Hope that helps!

10. I often ‘save as’ my app, and rebrand it for a different client. Despite renaming the saved-as file, if I SHARE AGAIN, it will remember the old URL – and sometimes I’m tired enough to accidentally over-write the file. This would be disastrous with clients! Please forget the URL of a saved-as file.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Line break in comments

Ideally 'shift' + 'enter' would be the shortut key for that line break

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When I publish a prototype and share it with collegues or clients, they make comments on it. But as the owner of the prototype, only I get notifications when a new comment is made.

I like the new feature that allows us to publish private prototypes and invite people. They might get notifications on Adobe Creative Cloud, but even if they create an Adobe account, not all of them would download Adobe Creative Cloud or check the account regularly. It would be great if they also get the notifications by e-mail, like they get the invitation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In case of any comment activity on a private link, reviewers are notified via email as well as creative cloud desktop app. This is already working today if you use the latest version of XD.

Note that email notifications go to any reviewer for that comment thread where activity is happening. You also have the ability to @mention specific reviewers on the private link.

13. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The shared preview mode (link) is not 1:1 size matching the artboard resolution (f.e. like invision), but in smaller size and cannot be adjusted, so client cannot see the original scale and details of larger (long) websites... Maybe it's not a bug, but a missing feature, but I would not mind if you just copy invision in this:))

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Is there a way to get rid of that default annoying grey border in shared prototypes? What's the purpose? It doesn't appear when viewed on laptop, why it's showing on mobile?

I have a black background design of a mobile app. When viewed on a mobile phone it really impacts the overall experience and generates confusion (is it intentional?).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When writing a comment on a prototype it's really easy to hit "return" and submit the comment. After the fact I actually meant to pin the comment to the artboard. Presently I have to copy the comment, delete it, then paste into a new comment then click "Pin to artboard". It would be nice to have a button in edit mode or next to the edit button where I can pin the comment to the artboard after I've submitted it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I have been using XD a lot and have been publishing prototypes for developers and stakeholders.

I have found that more often than not they are using the bottom page scroll more than using the clickable links inside the prototype.

This is causing confusion when the workflow isn't linear as they are view the prototype as a slideshow instead of an interactive prototype.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Since preview 2 (apr edition) prototypes are taking a fair bit longer to load.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Back, forward and home buttons in online share modus, outside of the design area.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)