Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. HeatMaps / Analytics (User Testing results) recorded from shared prototype online

It would be great to generate Heat Maps & Analytics of what users are trying to click on...completion rates, etc.

Maybe a "click counter" or "timer" to see how long it takes for users to accomplish a goal.

Maybe put this info under the "Manage Links" section.

395 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-under-review  ·  26 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View and share design prototypes at actual size

The full-screen feature is nice but I need to be able to show clients what my designs will look like at actual size on the web. The prototypes need to be displayed at the size they are designed at. This is the one feature that would justify me switching from using InVision for my prototyping.

284 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  76 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Record screen & clicks while using shared prototype online (user testing)

well it doesn't make sense why you can only record the video when someone is on your computer trying out the prototype, and just thinking you should be able to record how someone is using it when they are overseas

213 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  16 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow multiple people to share a link to the same URL (multiple owners of a prototype or design spec)

Collaborative work: Updating 'share link' of an .xd file not possible on another machine

System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
    XD-Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta

We are working with different people on the same .xd file. Updating the prototype link is only possible on the machine with wich the .xd file was created. The other people can only create new links.

1. Create an .xd file
    2. Publish prototype
    2. Save the .xd file
    3. Open the same .xd file on another machine
    4. Updating the published prototype link not possible (only creation of new link)

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion. This behavior in XD is intentional. Only the user who created a prototype link is able to update that link. The thinking is that the owner for the link may not want others making changes.

At the moment, the only way for multiple people to update a prototype at the same URL is to be logged in with the same Creative Cloud account. We are however discussing adding the ability to specify more than one owner for a prototype – and we could then allow all owners to update the prototype link. It sounds like this is what you were expecting and the behavior you would like to see, is that correct?

5. Reorder artboards or hide navigation buttons in shared prototype

When sharing with a less tech-savvy client, they see the arrows and automatically go to click through like a PDF reader. It would be good to have a way to either change the order of the pages for that view (you can't always guarantee that the order the artboards are built in will be the order they appear in the user journey) or the ability to hide them in the share settings.

hide/turn off "slide" feature on prototype

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There was some negative feedback received when we removed the navigation arrows from prototypes, so, this change was reverted and other solutions are being considered.

Joan Lafferty
    Product Manager

6. Cancel publish during upload

By mistake i choose publish proto and update link - how to cancel it? - i have to close the file to cancel an activity.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Share Again – don’t copy URL on Saved-As

I often ‘save as’ my app, and rebrand it for a different client. Despite renaming the saved-as file, if I SHARE AGAIN, it will remember the old URL – and sometimes I’m tired enough to accidentally over-write the file. This would be disastrous with clients! Please forget the URL of a saved-as file.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Arrow navigation on the online shared prototype

I created a link, but when I was presenting, I realized that exported version can't be navigated using keyboard-arrows.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There was some negative feedback received when we removed the navigation arrows from prototypes, so, this change was reverted and other solutions are being considered.

Joan Lafferty
    Product Manager

9. Consumers of shared prototypes tend to use arrows instead of using interactions

I have been using XD a lot and have been publishing prototypes for developers and stakeholders.

I have found that more often than not they are using the bottom page scroll more than using the clickable links inside the prototype.

This is causing confusion when the workflow isn't linear as they are view the prototype as a slideshow instead of an interactive prototype.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Joan Lafferty
    Product Manager

10. Activity stream in shared files

I'd like to see an overview of all the activities and comments on all of the pages within a document that is shared. Otherwise there's quite a good possibility of missing some.

Something like Invision has would be great:
    https://support.invisionapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000633426-Activity-Stream

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We are looking into the possibility of something like this. If you’d be willing to chat more about what your needs are around this activity stream, please ping me at tan@adobe.com

Joan Lafferty (Product Manager)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base