Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fully functional prototype

Basically create the same features as axure but easier to use. more animation, input fields, dynamic panels, button hover states, etc.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I think everything listed here is covered by other feature requests already. Please upvote these if they fit:

In the future, please help us keep the feature request list tidy by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion. Thanks!

• More interaction options

1. Be able to create different status (normal, hover, click) for web.
      2. More options for interaction. Ex. Transaction between elements, or between elements and pages.
      3. Be able to create input files and allow viwer to click and input variate like password.
      3. It will be greate to create self animate image in the prototype. Event more something like icon animation (ex. spinner, progreess bar...)

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file one ticket per request, and you have four great ones here. All of them are already in the database and can be upvoted:

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Handle large prototypes

I don't really have an idea for this, by that I mean a solution. All I have is my current problem: I have a very large prototype with A LOT of artboards, because this feature is quite big. Problem is, managing all the links between all the artboards and different elements is becoming challenging, and it's becoming harder and harder for me to manage what should be linked to what and how.

Been trying to Google this a bit, but haven't found much to be honest.

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Have all interactive gestures beside click

Allow all of the javascript events besides click. One should be able to be mouseover, mouseout, double click, right click, hover, swipe left/right, swipe up/down, pinch/zoom and touch events to work on desktop and mobile (tablet, smartphone) along with watch and smart tv.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Advanced prototype

you should make more prototype options... If you want this to be a great app look at some of the features in wix.com or ai2. I think like in ai2 you should use a block editor for anyone who wants to use it because it will open a lot of options. Also' look at all the wix features and see what you can add into the designing of this.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest! We asked for clarification about three months ago, and have not heard back. If you are interested in this still, please file the issue again with specific features you are looking for instead a pointer to another service. Thanks!

Elaine

• Gradient and More depth in Prototyping with extensive animations

Gradient and More depth in Prototyping with extensive animations
              like Flinto app

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like to see a single feature in each request in order to be able to best aggregate votes! We already have both of these requests in the database, so please upvote the following:

Gradients: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12925683-add-gradients-to-appearance-panel

MIcrointeractions: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869229-animation-support-microinteractions

Thanks!

-Elaine

• More animations and better prototype recording

I think there is an opportunity for improvement in creating a longer list of more transitions and animations between screens, and hover effects etc in prototype mode. One of my main reasons for recording a prototype in action was to show the footage on my portfolio, but I found that I had to do several takes due to having to get my mouse in order. I think a countdown clock before recording and the ability to edit your 'footage' would also be so so helpful!

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestions! We’ve had a number of improvements in our October release, and it sounds like you had 4-5 different suggestions in this one ticket. it would really help us out if you could split up the different suggestions into individual tickets so that we could better merge them in with other similar ones.

• Website Mirror

Mirror your website onto the app

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Get CC notification on comments

It would be great to have a notification in the CC when a comment is made on the prototype. Bonus points for a blip on the same comment when opening prototype!

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

As we haven’t seen a response to our question in three months, I’m marking it as inactive. Please do feel free to file it again if you still want this feature!

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Prototype features

New functions for the prototype mode.

I have had a lot of trouble convincing clients and within the development team how the screens work, which I believe will be solved with some features initially.

- Anchor Point
                      Select the object that will start the action and select a target object, that is, you can create animation inside an artboard.

- Add Elements
                      When you perform the action on a source object, you can insert a new element in a selected area.

- Change states
                      Clicking on the source object can change a color or background image of some other element

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Some more interactive stuffs

Hi XD Team,

I like the XD app for my mac it's so intuitive.

I'ld like to see and use few stuffs out from my head.

Here is my quick description.

- Fixing one section for e.g., stick the top bar or bottom bar of mobile UI --> scroll the screen to - n - fro.
                        - Grouping few section like previous point ^
                        - pop up screens - OS specific
                        - sliding windows
                        - adding some music loops with editing options (LoL) exporting as presentation.
                        - remote connections as in PS - previewing with out connecting through cable

I…

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• awsome for new users! But you should add some more features like some of them in sketch>

While prototyping more virtual options would have worked great. But again this is very good platform for learners or beginers.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for trying out XD! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you make specific feature requests. In the meantime, our common suggestions are available for you to upvote within the system. Please do take a look at existing suggestions and upvote to let us know you’re interested!

Elaine

• Prototype Spaghetti

This is not really an idea.. But the strong request to -fix- the prototype view. This is just mind boggling.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

As we haven’t seen a response to our question in five months, I’m marking it as inactive. Please do feel free to file it again if you have a more concrete suggestion!

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Broken or Standby Links

When deleting a frame with connections
                              there should be an option to delete all those connections or change the links leading to that frame to broken or standby links. Also displaying those links as a different color would be necessary.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for filing this issue! Unfortunately, we asked for more information on what you’re seeing, and have not heard back three months. If you are still seeing this, please do feel free to file it again!

Thanks,
                                Elaine

• Prototyping improvements needed

I've got over a hundred views on multiple projects. For this issue whenever I segue any elements during prototyping the list name of the views which comes up is not alphabetized. This becomes very cumbersome to find the exact name of the view I need to segue which is a real hassle and as a result wastes a bit of time.
                                Also it would be a great time saver to be able to segue the same elements found on multiple views. For example if I want to segue an add button to a particular view and this elements appears on…

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We prefer that the inputs to UserVoice be granular so that people can upvote specific issues. I see three requests in this idea, two of which are already submitted. Please do upvote these:

The third one seems to be a bug, as our arrange feature should work when prompted. Please note that there may be objects that were drawn or placed in the middle of your Z-order. You might want to open the layers panel (Cmd-Y) and see if your object is actually moving up and down when you use the keyboard shortcut methods.

Thanks again for your feedback!

-Elaine

• Break apart link lists

To link listed textlink labels individually, the designer must deconstruct the work of positioning and spacing of each label. This is very bad design experience and lowers productivity. I recommend providing a feature to break apart each individual label that is spaced more than 1 pixel apart. Or providing a hit spot to place over each label and linking the hit spots, as in Axure.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Menu Expansion- Drag & Drop

I really like the idea of Xd but it needs to be quicker to use.

Can you expand the existing menu so that it contains common website/app elements that can be simply dragged and dropped into our prototypes? You already have this within some of your other programs.

Eg Drag and droppable:
                                    expandable/collapsable menus, form elements, scrolling effects, mouse effects, states, swatches, text options(colour, kerning, header 1, 2 etc), modal windows, buttons, carousel, jumbotron, image effects, lists etc.

Also a link to cc libraries & assets would be great.

I think expanding the menu like this would save a lot…

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

There are a number of great suggestions in this feature, but it’s really hard to aggregate these with other suggestions from other customers. Please do upvote for some of the individual features you’ve suggested:

1. Reusable widgets:
                                      (For instance)
                                      Form elements: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13833198
                                      Button tool: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13571298

2. CC Library support: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12930321

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

• Silver Writing text, any thoughts on that guys? Let me know

Silver Writing text, any thoughts on that guys? Let me know

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Since it’s been a number of months since we requested more information about this feature, I’m closing this. Please do re-file if you think this is something you’re really interested in, and please provide more information when re-filing the issue.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• User Testing Features

1) My company is adamantly against allowing us use any tool to show intellectual property on the web, so I second the ideas to be able to export to a PDF. In order to use it for wire framing and prototyping purposes it would need to be a clickable/interactive PDF. The ability to pick and choose what we show would be helpful.

2) Love the previewing and recording, however it'd be more multi-function if, when previewing, you could gray-out the background - or alternatively allow recording the artboard in full screen mode.

3) Record Audio. Face would be awesome too,…

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Dim background when preview window opens (presentation mode)

It would be a neat feature to be able to dim the artboards in the background when viewing prototypes so as you focus on the preview window.

This could be achieved by having a button next to the record button to toggle background on or off. The color of te icon changes to show it is selected.

It would be especially good for when you are recording a video for example, so that your are not distracted by your artboards in the background.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base