Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Back to calling artboard (without getting stuck in infinite loop)

When creating navigation links in prototype mode, we can choose an existing artboard or 'previous artboard'.
    I'd like to see a third option 'calling artboard'. Let me explain the difference:

In the attached diagram, on the left, a typical 'previous artboard' scenario is shown. Going from A, B or C to X and then on X clicking some back button will bring you back to A, B or C. No problem there.

But the second scenario (right) is trickier: we go from A to X, at that point, A wil be the 'previous artboard'. We then roundtrip from X to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Refresh button on Prototype view

There should be a button on prototype view window where we can just refresh our prototype instead of closing and playing the prototype again. An example of this exists in Protopie prototype window.

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-feature-request  ·  4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Previewing my prototype puts it in a very skinny resolution regardless of on Ipad or desktop.

Hi, this isn't quite a bug so I am putting this in feature requests, but I am having an issue with the resolution of my previews for XD. When I preview my prototypes, the resolution is very squashed, vertically. I selected my iPad Pro's resolution, 2732-by-2048, for each artboard, but when I preview it on the iPad pro 12.9" It shows up very squashed, same thing on my 1080P monitor on windows. I am not sure how to make it preview fullscreen/in correct resolution.

Thank you!

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In your design overview screenshot there is a blue dotted line across the artboard, which means it has scrolling enabled. If you select the artboard by clicking on its title, in the right PI you change Scrolling from “Vertical” to “None”. This will fix your issue :)

• Link Back will be helpful.

When creating linking page to page, link back option will be very helpful.

For example, a camera page which can be moved from toolbar, cancel button returns to multiple pages.

So, simply link back will be quite useful in such case.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • highlight interactions from one hotspot to the target screens

I saw a demo a few weeks ago, and I liked the highlighting of one screen to the targets screens. I suggested to enable the highlight from a hotspot to its target screens also. It seemed more accurate

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Since we haven’t heard from you in three months, I’m guessing that Peter was right and that we already support the functionality you’re requesting. Please do reach out to us again if you have another feature request!

-Elaine

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base