Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dim background (set tint + alpha) behind overlay

Love the new overlays feature! As an extended feature it would be great if you could choose what should happen to the background when the overlay appears. For example being able to dim the background by choosing a color and opacity.

This would help with darkening the background for modals etc.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • More supported languages on Voice-Based Prototypes

Please provide more supported languages on Voice-Based Prototypes. I think that this is a fantastic feature.

10 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Device Frames

My idea is to have a real looking or clay mockup like device frame when viewing prototypes like Invision studio is planning to do!

6 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Being able to add both desktop and mobile deigns within one XD link

I have come across an issue whilst trying to display my designs of my client's new website design. I would like to be able to show them both the desktop and mobile version within the XD file but at the moment, I am unable to do that, would be great if this feature could be added.

Thanks

5 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! Are you unable to share to one link because you have different start points? You should be able to link from one home artboard to your two different designs and give your client access to both.

• 5 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • BRING BACK THE OLD COPY INTERACTIONS

Pleasseeee PLEEEAAAASSSEEE.... bring back the copy of interactions while being on prototype mode.... after the last update, I have to copy and paste every interaction separately instead of just copying the whole group of objects with their interactions... it has made my work a loooot harder.... please!! thanks!

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Jonathan’s comment: Hi Rene, if you copy paste objects or the entire artboard in prototype mode, we do copy the interactions as well. I’m sorry this is not working for you.

Can you confirm if this doesn’t work in prototype mode? Please help me with your XD version and Operating System version.

• preserve scroll position for auto-animate

preserve scroll position for auto-animate - currently it works kinda broken/incorrectly from what wed want

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Android Nav Bar Overlays on Fixed elemented bottom menu on Web View

If you are using android device sharing on web with fixed positioned bottom menu app is impossible. Android nav bar covers the whole bottom menu and it is useless...

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is expected behavior, as the Android browser will add the overlay without our control. You can either accommodate for this by shortening your viewport OR by using the Adobe XD application to load your document, which will show in full screen. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

• Prezi design style

Can we have a prezi style of design where we can focus on each wireframe individually from the entire flow, this is separate from the prototype... it simetimes usefule to explain the total screens designed and individually zooming into them.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Show/Hide links on prototype mode, only selected art-boards to see the links

(i.e if the user wants to explore the links only on selected artboard)

This could be very helpful when I have more than 40-100 artboard at the same time, and on prototype mode would be more easy to identify which artboards are connected to which?

Thanks

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• setting height for header & footer

maybe I'm missing something and it is implemented, but I'd really like to set a height for the header and footer on mobile.

setting a height for the display seems irrelevant.

hopefully this will be added soon, I still have to use Marvel for my prototypes right now.

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Multiple asset linking, replace with symbol + pixels

I'm doing my best to move from Sketch to XD.

There are however some game changers holding me back at the moment.

1. Replace with symbol - the ability to click on any item and many items all at once and to be able replace it/them with a symbol all at the same time. It's important to note that this symbol should maintain any prototype links it has been assigned.

2. Multiple asset linking (Prototyping). In prototype mode, the ability to click on multiple items/assets across all artboards all at the same time and to select their target artboard/page/link once…

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base