Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dim background (set tint + alpha) behind overlay

Love the new overlays feature! As an extended feature it would be great if you could choose what should happen to the background when the overlay appears. For example being able to dim the background by choosing a color and opacity.

This would help with darkening the background for modals etc.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. preserve scroll position for auto-animate

preserve scroll position for auto-animate - currently it works kinda broken/incorrectly from what wed want

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 100% Preview in Prototype Mode

Very annoying that the Preview window is not at 100%.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Minimize text box and add "read more"

I'm looking for a easy way to create a expandable text box with the click of a button (e.g read more)

This is often seen in app stores and in news articles that that are behind a pay wall.
    With the text box minimized you should be able the see the content below (screenshots etc) but when you expand the content should be moved further down. Maybe this is already possible but I can't find the feature either in the software or in a tutorial. Of course I can build this my own with animations, but shouldn't there be a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. Right now, the way to do this is using auto-animate, which will enable you to move other objects out of the way. I’m guessing you’re looking for a tool that will enable you to automatically reflow the rest of your page when you expand a section, is that right?

6. sticky buttons

would you be able to allow multiple sticky elements on the page?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sometimes we can select the animation type sometimes it appears greyed out

It's not even about artboards being the same size. It works with different size artboards also. Why it doesn't work sometimes seems arbitrary

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! There are some triggers (like time and voice) that are only applicable to artboards, and not objects themselves. There are other animation types that are only applicable to one and the other. Does that help explain things? Or are you looking for something else?

8. Embed an XD prototype within another prototype

It would be great to insert an extra prototype into an Xd file, similar to an iframe in html. Just like the overlay, but in a persistent manner. Changes could be applied when the external file is re-saved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Comments icon on Full Screen Mode

You should also have an overlay / transparent icon on full screen mode for prototype reviews, or a notification of comment when reviewers add comments.

Currently, the creator and reviewer not able to see any indicator if the prototype is published on Full Screen Mode. (using Chrome)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Full screen mode is really intended as an isolation mode, which some users need for testing or other activities that require all elements off the screen. If you’re in full screen mode, you can return back to the regular view by pressing Esc, even if you’ve published for full screen. Do you have an alternative suggestion that might give you the notification you need while not distracting testers?

10. Multiple asset linking, replace with symbol + pixels

I'm doing my best to move from Sketch to XD.

There are however some game changers holding me back at the moment.

1. Replace with symbol - the ability to click on any item and many items all at once and to be able replace it/them with a symbol all at the same time. It's important to note that this symbol should maintain any prototype links it has been assigned.

2. Multiple asset linking (Prototyping). In prototype mode, the ability to click on multiple items/assets across all artboards all at the same time and to select their target artboard/page/link once…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base