Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Tab between Target, Transision, Ease Out, Duration

More keyboard commands, less pain in mouse hand.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Nice work so far guys.

It would be GREAT to be to be able to choose how each element on a page will transition regardless of where they link - or if they link anywhere.

So, for example, my sidebar dissolves, but my centre content slides off left, meanwhile my footer pushes down off the page.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When I create a new Hover State, by default adobe XD create a new hover interaction with default parameters :
    - Auto Animate
    - Ease-Out
    - 0,3 seconds

I never use this config. I always need this config for hover:
    - Type : Transition
    - Animation : None

It's very annoying because I have to reset all my Hover interaction every time. Is there a way of modifying these settings by default ? Every time I create an Hover state, i would like to have a transition without any animation by default.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In "component (main)", the speech playback action is linked only to the "tap" trigger.

We were unable to use the speech playback linked to hover interaction, as this would help in prototypes to test with blind people.

The "talkback" tools used by blind people do not reproduce the prototypes, so we were unable to test solutions created for these users without developing the application.

So it would be extremely necessary for the prototype to be able to reproduce the elements by hovering the mouse under the screen.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hi,

I need to be able to create a variation of a Component Master with same structure hover, on click events e.g Active Buttons, Alert Buttons .

Make it available so that the Instance of a Master Component can be a new Master Component., without having to recreate the structure on every component variant i need to create.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to link multiple objects (across multiple artboards) to the same artboard simultaneously.

In my attached screen shot you can see that both "home" buttons are selected on the two different artboards but the "destination" dropdown is disabled in the prototype sidebar.

It would be nice if this destination field was usable even when objects (single or multiple) aren't already linked to something.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The ability to stack animation transition types. For example: I would like to be able to have a slide transition with a dissolve on it as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The new incrustation mode is very useless but it's too bad not to be able to change the overlay screen. For example when we want to make a menu with interactions within the menu to navigate we can't use this mode because we can't change the overlayed screen.

You can see my idea in the attachment.

Good luck and congratulation for the previous update !

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create visually a way to show which items that was put in the batch. It will be easy if the user want to know if the same item was included twice through the artboard.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to change the default spacing when pasting a copied artboard, or when clicking with the Artboard tool to add new artboards.

Original request:
    (please vote for https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13623243-resize-spacing-between-objects if you're interested in this Repeat-Grid-like dragging idea)
    Apply REPEAT GRID padding adjustment feature to change the padding around a selected group of Art Boards -- Just like REPEAT GRID pink padding adjusters, it would be great to change the spacing of a group of art boards the user has selected, and/or the ability to change the default spacing when pasting a copied art board

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When the user clicks out of the XD application, the previous window disappears. This becomes an issue when sharing a presentation file, each time you click outside (for example, when you have 2 screens with notes on feedback on the other screen). Is there any reason to ever hide that window? It should just stay up whether XD has focus or not.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When prototyping it is sometimes difficult to use the pick-whip to select the target screen if it is far away. The alternative is to choose the screen from the drop down menu, which I think works fine other than the fact that it requires you to be able to identify the screen is from the artboard name only. It would be helpful to see a preview of the artboard along with the name.

Additionally, it would be great if there was some visual cue as to what elements already have hotspots assigned to them. Right now it seems like you…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We only open link in new tab.
    I made the artboard with several hyperlink objects,
    but it is inconvenient to use because the link opens in a new tab every time.

I would like to add an option to set the link to open on the current page.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As we know web design aesthetics evolve day by day. And for this purpose Adobe XD is still following conventional ways of designing. I wanna highlight very basic and important feature that must be include in Adobe XD. I am sharing an example that will help your engineer to demonstrate this feature in well mannered way.

Example:
    https://privateisland.tv/studio

As you can see user can easily scroll horizontally. This feature is slightly different from existing horizontal scroll group because we can only click and drag with that feature.

I hope you will get my point. I can assist to you more…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The prototype movies force a rounded corner at the bottom making the video unusable. This should be exactly as the prototype with square corners on all sides.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Blind and severely visually impaired people are largely dependent on the use of screen readers to receive digital content.

For user testing, the integration of so-called alternative texts plays an important role.
    Adobe XD offers voice playback as an interaction element, but the input of an alternative text, which is analyzed by the screen reader, is not possible from the current point of view.
    I would like to draw attention to this problem, because
    A) due to the legal situation in Europe, private companies are obliged to design their applications accessible until 2025. Here, feedback from the target group, including…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please remove, or add option to remove, the animation from Hover state back to default when a Tap trigger is attached to a component that is in Hover state.

This animation is unnecessary when navigating to another artboard and can cause all manner of irritation if the artboard to which one is navigating shows the component intentionally in hover state.

Example:
    - An image control has a hover state
    - When in that hover state, the user can click to cause an action.
    - The action is simulated by a navigation to another artboard
    - In the destination artboard, we…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If we are going to call what XD has "component states", instead of "button states", then there needs to be a way to define a hit area of a given interaction.

For example, right now, if I have a "component" created, and I add an element of a larger size, that comes up/out/or whatever on rollover, the rollover state becomes the new hit area size, so now the interaction won't close when I roll off the original trigger... Instead I have to roll off the entire new element that come on during the state change.

This makes it virtually impossible…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Given I create a component with instances, inside a component with instances, inside component with instances, third level of instances appears to be disabled even if you have different components with different instances inside.

That instances would be useful, for example, for a search bar, with list of items, with a switch inside these items, with a button when that switch is enabled.

I tried to do a video explaining what I wonder to do.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)