Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

118 results found

1. maybe I'm missing something and it is implemented, but I'd really like to set a height for the header and footer on mobile.

setting a height for the display seems irrelevant.

hopefully this will be added soon, I still have to use Marvel for my prototypes right now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I think there is an opportunity for improvement in creating a longer list of more transitions and animations between screens, and hover effects etc in prototype mode. One of my main reasons for recording a prototype in action was to show the footage on my portfolio, but I found that I had to do several takes due to having to get my mouse in order. I think a countdown clock before recording and the ability to edit your 'footage' would also be so so helpful!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestions! We’ve had a number of improvements in our October release, and it sounds like you had 4-5 different suggestions in this one ticket. it would really help us out if you could split up the different suggestions into individual tickets so that we could better merge them in with other similar ones.

3. When there's a lot of artboards it's hard to zoom out and drag target destinations. I'd like to be able to select a target artboard from the dropdown menu. But the dropdown has a max-width so it can't show the complete artboard name.

Request: Do not truncate artboard names in target dropdown.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mirror your website onto the app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be great to have a notification in the CC when a comment is made on the prototype. Bonus points for a blip on the same comment when opening prototype!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. New functions for the prototype mode.

I have had a lot of trouble convincing clients and within the development team how the screens work, which I believe will be solved with some features initially.

• Anchor Point
      Select the object that will start the action and select a target object, that is, you can create animation inside an artboard.

• Add Elements
      When you perform the action on a source object, you can insert a new element in a selected area.

• Change states
      Clicking on the source object can change a color or background image of some other element

• Back
      When we…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hi XD Team,

I like the XD app for my mac it's so intuitive.

I'ld like to see and use few stuffs out from my head.

Here is my quick description.

• Fixing one section for e.g., stick the top bar or bottom bar of mobile UI --> scroll the screen to - n - fro.
    • Grouping few section like previous point ^
    • pop up screens - OS specific
    • sliding windows
    • adding some music loops with editing options (LoL) exporting as presentation.
    • remote connections as in PS - previewing with out connecting through cable

I wish these will complete my design…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. While prototyping more virtual options would have worked great. But again this is very good platform for learners or beginers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for trying out XD! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you make specific feature requests. In the meantime, our common suggestions are available for you to upvote within the system. Please do take a look at existing suggestions and upvote to let us know you’re interested!

Elaine

9. This is not really an idea.. But the strong request to -fix- the prototype view. This is just mind boggling.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When deleting a frame with connections
    there should be an option to delete all those connections or change the links leading to that frame to broken or standby links. Also displaying those links as a different color would be necessary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for filing this issue! Unfortunately, we asked for more information on what you’re seeing, and have not heard back three months. If you are still seeing this, please do feel free to file it again!

Thanks,
    Elaine

11. I've got over a hundred views on multiple projects. For this issue whenever I segue any elements during prototyping the list name of the views which comes up is not alphabetized. This becomes very cumbersome to find the exact name of the view I need to segue which is a real hassle and as a result wastes a bit of time.
    Also it would be a great time saver to be able to segue the same elements found on multiple views. For example if I want to segue an add button to a particular view and this elements appears on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We prefer that the inputs to UserVoice be granular so that people can upvote specific issues. I see three requests in this idea, two of which are already submitted. Please do upvote these:

The third one seems to be a bug, as our arrange feature should work when prompted. Please note that there may be objects that were drawn or placed in the middle of your Z-order. You might want to open the layers panel (Cmd-Y) and see if your object is actually moving up and down when you use the keyboard shortcut methods.

Thanks again for your feedback!

-Elaine

12. To link listed textlink labels individually, the designer must deconstruct the work of positioning and spacing of each label. This is very bad design experience and lowers productivity. I recommend providing a feature to break apart each individual label that is spaced more than 1 pixel apart. Or providing a hit spot to place over each label and linking the hit spots, as in Axure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I really like the idea of Xd but it needs to be quicker to use.

Can you expand the existing menu so that it contains common website/app elements that can be simply dragged and dropped into our prototypes? You already have this within some of your other programs.

Eg Drag and droppable:

expandable/collapsable menus, form elements, scrolling effects, mouse effects, states, swatches, text options(colour, kerning, header 1, 2 etc), modal windows, buttons, carousel, jumbotron, image effects, lists etc.

Also a link to cc libraries & assets would be great.

I think expanding the menu like this would save a lot…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are a number of great suggestions in this feature, but it’s really hard to aggregate these with other suggestions from other customers. Please do upvote for some of the individual features you’ve suggested:

1. Reusable widgets:
    (For instance)
    Form elements: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13833198
    Button tool: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13571298

2. CC Library support: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12930321

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

14. Silver Writing text, any thoughts on that guys? Let me know

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Since it’s been a number of months since we requested more information about this feature, I’m closing this. Please do re-file if you think this is something you’re really interested in, and please provide more information when re-filing the issue.

Thanks,

-Elaine

15. 1) My company is adamantly against allowing us use any tool to show intellectual property on the web, so I second the ideas to be able to export to a PDF. In order to use it for wire framing and prototyping purposes it would need to be a clickable/interactive PDF. The ability to pick and choose what we show would be helpful.

2) Love the previewing and recording, however it'd be more multi-function if, when previewing, you could gray-out the background - or alternatively allow recording the artboard in full screen mode.

3) Record Audio. Face would be awesome too,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be a neat feature to be able to dim the artboards in the background when viewing prototypes so as you focus on the preview window.

This could be achieved by having a button next to the record button to toggle background on or off. The color of te icon changes to show it is selected.

It would be especially good for when you are recording a video for example, so that your are not distracted by your artboards in the background.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Overlays can's be dragged outside the artboard height zone.
    When trying to move the overlay into the scrollable zone, it wont go further the defined height.

1) Create an artboard with a specific window height
    2) Extend the artboard verticallt, so it's scrollable
    3) Place a button (or anything) in the scoll zone (beyond the window height)
    4) Create a new artboard with the overlay content
    5) In Prototype, link the button to the overlay arboard (as overlay, obviously)
    6) Try to move the overlay content near the button (in the scrollable zone)

Current: You can't, the overlay placement is…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback on this. I think what you really want to do in this case is use a component state to handle the different tabs in your design. States can be different sizes (or the same size) as the original element of the design, so you can define the interaction within the states. This way, you can actually have all of the content track to the current scroll of the page. Hope that helps!

18. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 6 Next →