Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

68 results found

1. With the latest update of adobe XD you can copy & paste the interaction from one element to another but considering we usually have same elements across multiple screens with minor variations like active & hover states etc ( for example a bottom navigation bar in mobile app) it is still a tedious task to copy & paste interaction across all those multiple screen so i suggest that we should be able to select multiple elements ( say 4 buttons at navigation bar on screen 1 ) and copy interaction, then select the 4 items on screen 2 and paste…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Ive tried the new features its cool. But Horizontal Scroll doesnt work on windows where you in preview mode. However, when generate links, it works well browing using the links

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Need the ability to 'deselect' the home artboard.

Issue: If I create a prototype with links to the home artboard I can share everything linked to home.

If I then need to remove all connectors so none of the pages were linked, but I still want to publish all artboards, it won't allow me to do it. Only the home artboard is selected.

Basically, once you have physically selected the home artboard by clicking the home icon (rather than having XD do it by default when you create your first board) then you're done! Only one screen can be published…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Adobe Xd needs widgets libraries to create a new menu from scratch, In this way helps us to create an screen easily doing drag and drop.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve been working with a variety of partners to provide more robust UI kits for you to use, including menu elements. Apple, Google, and Microsoft have all provided a number of different UI kits with sticker sheet elements to get you started.

Note that you can also create new artboards by simply switching to the artboard tool and clicking.

Please do feel free to file a new story if you’d like to see additional features.

Thanks,

-Elaine

5. Need to have a active buttons, when a press the button and hold, have a action.
    Example: I have a button when i press, i go to other page, but if I hold button, it's change a color.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hi there,

The user should have the ability to see the mockup prototype on Browsers or other devices. This kind of feature would be an effective addition for desktop designers and mobile designers alike.

Nowadays, we are only able to preview on the a mobile device screen size, which is useless for desktop or even other device design.

Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing this issue due to inactivity on an open query. You can already preview a web artboard in full screen mode, which gives you as much real estate as you have on your screen. If there’s something specific you’re looking for, please do file a separate idea in the system!

-Elaine

7. Hi. I'd like to be able to select all artboards used or not used in a prototype.

I would use this in a couple of ways:

1. I want to clean up my artboard layout, so that "current" artboards are in one area and older or reference artboards are off to the side. The current ones are the ones linked up in the prototype. I'd like to select all artboards that aren't in the prototype—don't link from or to the home board through any path—and then move those all with one gesture to another area of the workspace, leaving only the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently when update a shared prototype, it replaces the previous version, it would be nice to have the option to retain previous versions.

These versions could then be compared side by side to easily review changes, as an added bonus the versions could be linked together so as you navigate one version the previous version would move in sync (where possible)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I request that component states could be controlled by keys and gamepad, not only tap. Today you can control the component states by using tap, but not with keys and gamepad. This is not good if you are prototyping for console games.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The current UI for transitions is clunky and flows awkwardly. Every time I try to link to something lower on the page, the pop-up box appears below the 'fold'/screen and I have to move the artboard into view and re-click on the 'from' element to get the pop-up to appear. You've already trained the users to use the side-panel (right) to change elements in the design view, I think it makes sense to place the transitions in the same spot. It would greatly simplify the flow, as well as returning to edit transitions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It make more sense if Fixed Position on Prototype mode instead of Design which designer tend to arrange the "move" and flow there

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be excellent if one could export a prototype so it could then be hosted for web with HTML markup. The perfect example of this need comes in when we do usability testing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I have three iphone 6 screens.

Menu, Home, Content

on the content screen I changed the height to (1,000px) the width on all three are 375px. On preview it breaks and trys to display the entire screen. By deafult I expected to have the screen scroll to show all the contents of that page. I did not expect it to try and show all the content. It took me about 30mins to realize what it was doing. And that I cannot have it scroll. This is not cool, need to be able to show this in all my previews.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the latest version you can scroll “long artboards” … We’ll be continuing to improve this feature add additional scroll related features (e.g. viewport scrolling), but for now I’m going to mark this as complete.

14. Currently, there aren't any safeguards to ensure that all pages are accounted for and each button directs correctly.

It would be really helpful to be able to specify a button with a target at the outset, so that upon publishing a quick preflight check would ensure that everything is linked correctly and no pages are missing from the site architecture.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'd like to be able to use Magic Move which is the function of keynote for screen transition.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I'd like to be able to change a subsection of a page based on my selection, like you can see at http://tabtab.be/

タブで遷移

日本語で失礼します。

現在、プロトタイプモードでは、ページ全体の遷移しかできません。
    例えば下記ページのように、タブで選択した箇所のみ情報が変わるような遷移はできないでしょうか。
    http://tabtab.be/

情報サイトでは、タブ切り替えをよく使います。
    このような遷移がプロトタイプモードで作れたら、イメージ共有がスムーズになります。
    現在この機能がないため、XDをプロジェクトで使うのをためらっております。
    ぜひ追加機能をお願いします。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When you select the previous art board option you are not able to change the animation mode and timing like other prototype links. Is this a bug? It's a shame and a problem in my estimation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Component states allows for fewer screens and I use them all the time. However it would be amazing if I could change the state with voice commands for use in voice controlled and AR apps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If a component has multiple elements, the triggered hover state of child A seems to remain active until the mouse is removed from the scope of the entire component (its boundary), not just from that child.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. An extra feature for the keyboard triggers to be able to facilitate shortcut mode as well.

The feature would be able to set up 2-3 buttons as a trigger to show a new overlay or artboard. (example: Command+K, Command+Space bar or Command+Shift+E).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)