Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

118 results found

1. A Standart Prototype Mode Besides "User Testing" should be intern Testing,
    Fullscreen, no hints, comments on.

I´d appreciate separat Links for intern feedback - its kinda annoying to Sit in a Meeting presenting a Design to a Customer with little comments of your collegues popping up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thanks for your feedback. You can actually create and maintain separate links within XD – simply create a New Link in Share Mode and publish. You’ll be able to switch back and forth and update both links separately. Hope that helps!

2. Animations don't work with image:
    First work good if image are in rectangle shape
    Second don't work duration of animation if i change in Photoshop image

I want same effect like first example

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When sharing prototypes people are not able to preview speech playback and voice interactivity unless they have an XD account.

I have been told that this was designed like this for security reasons. Not sure what the security reason is?!

Being able to share voice is a huge reason I started using XD for prototyping.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your question! Here’s the info from Mark Webster: Yep, we require a login for security reasons. As you noted, you don’t need to be a customer, you can use a free account, but we need to have some sort of authorized user making a request of the voice service.

4. If you used Layers to position the overlays, the positioning of elements would be MUCH easier and utilize the same resolution. Currently, the overlays have a difficult time with font resolution. Almost like it is using a low-res jpg/png/gif.

When using the Layer method, the connection would display the layer is the proper position.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In the case of overlay, can use auto-animate

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be great to insert an extra prototype into an Xd file, similar to an iframe in html. Just like the overlay, but in a persistent manner. Changes could be applied when the external file is re-saved.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. would you be able to allow multiple sticky elements on the page?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Now when tapping on a back button twice in succession you're stuck in a loop. This needs to be solved smarter so that you can go back multiple steps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow all of the javascript events besides click. One should be able to be mouseover, mouseout, double click, right click, hover, swipe left/right, swipe up/down, pinch/zoom and touch events to work on desktop and mobile (tablet, smartphone) along with watch and smart tv.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. you should make more prototype options... If you want this to be a great app look at some of the features in wix.com or ai2. I think like in ai2 you should use a block editor for anyone who wants to use it because it will open a lot of options. Also' look at all the wix features and see what you can add into the designing of this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest! We asked for clarification about three months ago, and have not heard back. If you are interested in this still, please file the issue again with specific features you are looking for instead a pointer to another service. Thanks!

Elaine

11. Gradient and More depth in Prototyping with extensive animations
    like Flinto app

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like to see a single feature in each request in order to be able to best aggregate votes! We already have both of these requests in the database, so please upvote the following:

Gradients: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12925683-add-gradients-to-appearance-panel

MIcrointeractions: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869229-animation-support-microinteractions

Thanks!

-Elaine

12. The components Hover State is improving with each XD update, but a feature that would be critical to me is the possibility to have asymmetrical hover timings.

Example:
    - on mouse-in: 0s (instantaneous)
    - on mouse-out: 0.2s ease-out

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks! You can actually do this already by manually setting up the hover. I've recorded a GIF for you (attached) to show you how I did this with my component. Instead of setting up the component as a hover state, just add a new state and manually add the interaction. Hope that helps!

13. When an audio or video ends, it would be helpful if we could set a command to automatically transition to another artboard. Without this feature, it is difficult to prototype and test streaming applications, as they must move from one "Now Playing" or "Movie Trailer Preview" screen to another. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. my menu bar at the bottom can be seen on preview mode but when I tried testing it out with the link to my browser, it does not appear. bear in mind it is fixed in position and is the forward most layer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We should have the option to create fixed or scrolling overlays. Overlays should be tied to the item they are supporting, such as a dropdown field. This is something that isn't an issue in other design programs, but that is hugely limiting in XD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Time triggers do not work on ALL artboards. Artboards that are the result of a drag drop trigger cannot use time triggers.

Currently,

Given: I am on an artboard that resulted from and drag drop trigger.
    When: I apply a timer to that artboard to send me to another artboard.
    Then: The timer does not work after the previous drag drop trigger.

Expected

Given: I am on an artboard that resulted from and drag drop trigger.
    When: I apply a timer to that artboard to send me to another artboard.
    Then: The timer runs and sends me to the next…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I installed anima plugin in adobe xd on windows 11.but my text input option does not appear

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. incorporate the prototyping tools that sigma uses

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. I'd love to be able to return to the exact same spot between artboards when applying a transition.

2. I'd love the prototype to include over states rather than having to click to demonstrate how a hover state might look.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It's necessary to replay and view an animation again & again to get the detailed mistakes. But to replay or restart the animation, I have to close the current preview and open the preview again. What about adding a button through which we can easily do this by one click?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)