Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Generate password automatically.

Hi there,

Thanks for the new feature - password on shared prototype.
    Everything works well, except that I need to generate secured password by myself.

So, kindly add auto generate feature.

Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Select all artboards that are used (or unused) in prototype / connected by wires

Hi. I'd like to be able to select all artboards used or not used in a prototype.

I would use this in a couple of ways:

1. I want to clean up my artboard layout, so that "current" artboards are in one area and older or reference artboards are off to the side. The current ones are the ones linked up in the prototype. I'd like to select all artboards that aren't in the prototype—don't link from or to the home board through any path—and then move those all with one gesture to another area of the workspace, leaving only the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Option to make Preview window not always on top

The 'design preview' window is set to always be the topmost / frontmost window when running XD. This is a problem because it deviates from standard window behavior on a mac.

If a program has multiple windows that I can minimize or dismiss, then I should be able to bring any window to the forefront by simply selecting it. All other windows should then automatically stay open but appear behind the topmost window.

I just want XD to follow standard practice on the mac. I'm very comfortable switching between windows using cmd+~ or using the 'window' menu in the toolbar.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add 'home artboard' as a new target artboard

Currently we can set links to any specific artboard. This is very helpful. I use it for creating a button on every slide that will take me to a contents artboard, where I can link to different flows.
    The problem in this setup is that, when in prototype mode, there are a lot of links drawn between the artboards, as each artboard is linked to the contents artboard (see attchment).
    I find this can be easily alleviated if I could link the buttons to the 'home artboard', and so it could spare having to draw the links to that artboard. …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Transitions within the objects footprint

Me again...

It would also be nice to specify whether an object's transition (animated transitions only) happens across the entire artboard or only within the objects own footprint. The effect would be similar to the Linear Wipe effect in After Effects.

e.g. I have a solid element on the right that should slide left, BUT the slide happens only within the space it occupies - effectively making it appear to disappear behind an invisible element at it's left hand edge.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove design features from Prototype mode.

Please remove design feature from the prototype mode. No delete, paste etc when prototype mode. Switching is easy for those needing to tweak a design along the way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Trusted user testing group

I would like to have a way to invite trusted people to user test my prototypes; in fact, I would like to entrust this to a group of verified AdobeXD users. Instead of always trying to hunt down ways to user test on another platform and then get participants. I would like to turn to a set of UXers and ask for feedback. This could relate getting Adobe Points for being a tester and for providing feedback.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Go back one screen in Preview using the delete key

When viewing a preview of your design work in the current window could you make the delete key go back to the previous link please. (Just like a browser back button would do)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remember prototype interactions (mouse clicks) so re-recordings are easily repeatable automatically

I think it would be handy if you could set triggers in prototype to record pre defined motion paths for the video e.g: A (Home) to B (Next page) back to A.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Prototyping: magnifying glass/loupe to help linking small elements

If I want to create a link from a small element like a menu item to another page, it is hard to accurately select the text and be zoomed out far enough to see the page I want to link to.

I know you can use the drop down to select the page, but if you want to do it visually it would be good if the area around the cursor would zoom like a loupe to enable easier selection.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adobe XD nested hover dropdown menu

I have a need to display a nested dropdown menu utilizing the new hover states. I can create a dropdown on hover no problem, but trying to add a secondary dropdown menu based upon the first dropdown menu has me at a roadblock

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Maintain last known component state when autoanimating to a new artboard

Would be great if XD would remember the last known component state when autoanimating to a new artboard. Or, better yet, let us mark components for state remembrance on artboard change. Otherwise we are right back to the thnig states was supposed to solve, duplicating artboards for the appearance of a saved state hahaha ;)

I have seen and voted on some other feature requests for conditional behavior, which could solve this issue too if implemented right, but this is a bit different.

I have posted an example prototype here:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/de27f8f1-15fe-4c5e-7a9b-deb283a7118f-a816/?fullscreen
    pass: 4theXDteam

When the prototype launches, click the blue…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Links that scroll under a layer should not be clickable

Links that scroll UNDER a fixed layer, should NOT be clickable. Currently, the link can be clicked "through" the layer.

For instance, if you have a fixed header at the top, and links below it in the body area that can scroll behind/under the header, are still clickable through the header...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sceenshots in presentation mode, with device frames (Mobile, Laptop, Desktop)

Sometimes screenshots of a design are needed, sometimes it makes sence to do these within adevice frame - the preview mode is already providing video recordin. I think it would be an improovement to display the recordings in a device frame as well (if wanted mby the designer), and also making the user able to do screenshots as well, in the preview mode.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Turn off the setting to navigate the art board with the left and right keys

I want to turn off the setting to navigate the art board with the left and right keys when previewing.

Generate problems during usability testing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Wacom Tablet Support for Prototype Link Navigation Scroll

Wacom Tablet scroll support needed for live prototypes. Our team use XD and love the application, we use Wacom tablets for all of our design work and have to dig out and dust off the old Mouse when viewing prototypes - which is a bit of a pain and I am sure we are not the only design studio to share this pain!!

Support for tablet scrolling would be very beneficial.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work

Regards

Michael

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Scroll online prototype by click and drag

In full screen mode, online prototypes don't:

• show a scrollbar to go over the project, which would have been ok if Adobe Xd had allowed scrolling by clicking and dragging the artboard;

• ocupy the whole space on the sides of the viewport.

Take a look at the next prototype made in Figma. It would be cool if Adobe Xd could take care of those aspects as good as Figma does.

https://www.figma.com/proto/PUL9fdaHF15x7Twq8txI85GV/UX-Paraguay-%7C-Proyecto-Web?node-id=186%3A187&scaling=min-zoom&redirected=1

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Previous artboard trigger should skip timed trigger artboard

Say we have Artboards A, B, and C respectively whereby;
    - Artboard A has a TAP TRIGGER which auto-animates to Artboard B; and
    - Artboard B has a TIMED TRIGGER which auto-animates to Artboard C

Feature Request:
    - If Artboard C has a TAP TRIGGER that invokes PREVIOUS ARTBOARD action, it should go back to Artboard A and not to Artboard B.

Similarly:
    We may have Artboards A, B1, B2, ...B(n), and C respectively whereby;
    - Artboard A has a TAP TRIGGER which auto-animates to Artboard B; and
    - Artboard B through to Artboard B(n) has a TIMED TRIGGER which…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. creating .zip file with FileSystem

Creating .ZIP files with FileSystem

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Wire across documents

Allow prototyping wires to connect to artboards in different documents. The web prototype would let users navigate seamlessly between pages that are sourced from multiple documents.

When the designs for an interface are too massive to live in a single document, we break them up so each section is in its own document (ex: a product with ~150 various screens). However, all the docs are still part of a single product, and need to be wired together for a cohesive prototype.

I'd like an option in prototyping mode to connect a wire to another document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base