Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Playing Audio or Motion and looping it Automatically Without need to Click or Drag or any action. its like when all actions are over i do like have to keep some motions and music playing in main menu , but at the moment i should just play audio by click or still cant have looping motion , for example on this video i liked to have some motions keeps go on clouds while menu is ready to click and also need music playing on background on without any click

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Problem: Components quickly become convoluted and hard to track. They lose track of elements in Auto Animate. They have problems when nesting components. Still we cannot allow for two swipes on one object.

Possible Solution: Since linking artboards seems to be more stable and intuitive than components. I wish we could simply turn linked artboards into components.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. For your consideration, it would be awesome to have a keyboard shortcut for applying "Fix Position When Scrolling" to selected elements.

It would save me time when having to re-apply this setting to certain elements after being manipulated or grouped/un-grouped.

That's all, just a lil click-saver suggestion.

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In order to export an Adobe XD prototype to Alexa Preview, the first artboard must contain actual content; an empty space will result in export error. This is a new issue as previous exports have accepted a single space as content.

I wasted several hours trying to address this. My exhaustion to figure it out on my own led me to leave a 1-star rating on Amazon for the XD skill, a phone call to the Adobe support team, rescheduling a client meeting and lost wages.

My feature request:
    Make export error handling better and more descriptive.

Explicit indication that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In full screen mode, online prototypes don't:

• show a scrollbar to go over the project, which would have been ok if Adobe Xd had allowed scrolling by clicking and dragging the artboard;

• ocupy the whole space on the sides of the viewport.

Take a look at the next prototype made in Figma. It would be cool if Adobe Xd could take care of those aspects as good as Figma does.

https://www.figma.com/proto/PUL9fdaHF15x7Twq8txI85GV/UX-Paraguay-%7C-Proyecto-Web?node-id=186%3A187&scaling=min-zoom&redirected=1

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The Prototype Panel moves the interaction from the element to a panel. This results in little breaks in the prototyping design flow. The previous version was much easier to use because the element initiating the action and the action settings weren't separated. Keeping the interaction settings above the wire helped to keep the connection in the designers mind. Personally I find it much more difficult to think through changes when I have to look from the element being clicked to the panel where the actions are located. Further more, the 'Scrolling' setting which controls sticky elements feels disconnected and isolated…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Say we have Artboards A, B, and C respectively whereby;
    - Artboard A has a TAP TRIGGER which auto-animates to Artboard B; and
    - Artboard B has a TIMED TRIGGER which auto-animates to Artboard C

Feature Request:
    - If Artboard C has a TAP TRIGGER that invokes PREVIOUS ARTBOARD action, it should go back to Artboard A and not to Artboard B.

Similarly:
    We may have Artboards A, B1, B2, ...B(n), and C respectively whereby;
    - Artboard A has a TAP TRIGGER which auto-animates to Artboard B; and
    - Artboard B through to Artboard B(n) has a TIMED TRIGGER which…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Over and over again, especially when I'm using Auto-Animate to mimic a modal view, when I have the above layer "slide" outside the artboard, it then suddenly becomes attached to a near adjacent artboard. It's EXTREMELY annoying.

Maybe there needs to be a built in "margin" outside an artboard, that keeps slightly outside elements still as part of it? Or, a way to manually assign an off-artboard element to a specific artboard.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. To meet 508 compliance standards for our company internal users/editors/designers must be able to navigate the UI graphics without a mouse. This means using tab, enter, arrows, or whatever. It would be helpful to set multiple options for transitions so a user can tap or tab. This would mean that symbols on an artboard that are wired to another artboard can be selected without a mouse by hitting tab and enter. Symbols could be ordered as well within an artboard (similar to the "home" button) so they are selected by "tab" in a specific order.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When previewing for example an Apple watch up there is unnecessary black background which is confusing when the watch has a black background.

Expected preview like on the right
    Observed: Get preview like on the left

Running Adobe XD on Windows 10

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Commands or input from one artboard control interface on another or multiple. A lot of my work focuses on non-traditional multi-screen setups, large installations for physical environment. Being able to set up a multi-screen design and prototype in the same XD platform would streamline workflow quite a bit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We would like to have the ability for a user previewing an XD prototype to use interface components in the prototype that would cause data to be displayed in the prototype from a Google Sheet. This would allow us to test earlier in our product development cycle.

For an example of this requested feature, let's say we are prototyping a Google style text search application. The interface contains a simple search text input field and a button. The data being queried would exist in a Google Sheet.

The requested feature would allow the user testing the prototype to type in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Do we need to have these on separate tabs? Sketch and Studio use the same window with a different tool. I feel slowed down by switching tabs constantly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When creating designs that include fixed elements, you have to place certain layers over other content (like an Apple App store-style tabbed footer menu for example), in order to get it to display in the correct place when previewing. However this makes for a frustrating experience when designing other elements which must sit beneath the fixed content. You have to toggle the fixed element's visibility in the layers panel, then toggle it back on to see it when previewing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dear Adobe, could you please NOT add borders to my desktop design layout canvas when previewed in prototype mode? I don't want a black background surrounding the outside area of my screen, all I want is to be able set that color myself so the open layout can be showed as intended. So if the bg color of my desktop design is orange I don't want a black background outside my layout in fullscreen. It is totally pointless and it makes it utterly impossible to demonstrate and open design where the layout is fixed where I have set it and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I've now had 3 clients voice confusion on "how they can see the rest of the page" on the prototype. The way its laid out, as a frame in the middle of the page, is proving to be confusing even to typical enterprise clients.

I understand the reasoning is to display the page with the specfied fold, but I don't think its useful the way it's implemented. It makes it look like a picture on a page, not a scrollable window.

It may work better allow the prototype to scroll within the full height of the browser, and treat the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In a document with a large number of artboards it would be great to have some functionality for clearing up the clutter:

1: Select a number of artboards.
    2: Choose View, «Show Only Links of selected artboards»
    or
    Choose View, «Show Only outgoing links of selected artboards»
    or
    Choose View, «Show Only incomming Links of selected artboards»

Thanks.

on

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. To solve the problem to connect by a USB cable on W10, it would be great to enable to preview the prototype by scanning a QR code like it was possible with Pixate Studio. This was a real big asset of Pixate, very helpful, and I think it’d make XD even better.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The 'design preview' window is set to always be the topmost / frontmost window when running XD. This is a problem because it deviates from standard window behavior on a mac.

If a program has multiple windows that I can minimize or dismiss, then I should be able to bring any window to the forefront by simply selecting it. All other windows should then automatically stay open but appear behind the topmost window.

I just want XD to follow standard practice on the mac. I'm very comfortable switching between windows using cmd+~ or using the 'window' menu in the toolbar.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Currently we can set links to any specific artboard. This is very helpful. I use it for creating a button on every slide that will take me to a contents artboard, where I can link to different flows.
    The problem in this setup is that, when in prototype mode, there are a lot of links drawn between the artboards, as each artboard is linked to the contents artboard (see attchment).
    I find this can be easily alleviated if I could link the buttons to the 'home artboard', and so it could spare having to draw the links to that artboard.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 11 13 18 19