Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

118 results found

1. Few more nice slide transitions wouldn't kill anyone, would it :)

361 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Since this request was first added in UserVoice, we’ve improved the fidelity of our prototyping by introducing auto-animate and a number of different interactions. Since the feedback we’ve received since has been fairly diverse, I’m going to close this one and ask you to upvote or file specific requests in UserVoice with the type of transitions you’re looking for. Thank you!

2. Be able to choose between an overlay that appears over the viewport or an overlay that is fixed to a specific position within the artboard. This way we can account for two types of overlays:
    1. Overlays that are persistent like menu navigations
    2. Overlays that are situational like dropdowns within a form

194 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This particular feature request was filed before we had robust states support, which enables you to create elements that fix to specific content, like flyouts, dropdowns, etc. If you’re still interested in this feature, please do file again with some examples of what you’d like to do with overlays that you don’t want to use component states for. Thanks! https://www.adobe.com/products/xd/learn/design-systems/components/make-menus-components-with-nested-hover-states.html

3. Basically create the same features as axure but easier to use. more animation, input fields, dynamic panels, button hover states, etc.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think everything listed here is covered by other feature requests already. Please upvote these if they fit:

In the future, please help us keep the feature request list tidy by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion. Thanks!

4. 1.1. Right now, it is hard to manage overrides. Please can we have it on the right hand menu when selecting a symbol so we can override from there?
    1.2. Also Can we have available other symbols of the same family with the same dimensions? (to swap easily between different state buttons for example as shown)
    1.3. Last but not least it would be great if by the same token there was an easier way to replace images within a symbol other than drag&dropping from an outside folder, which is a bit WTF
    2. As of now it takes too…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to be able to position an overlay so that it is connected to a specific element regardless of whether that element is below the "fold".

There are many instances of long, scrolling pages where a dropdown or tooltip needs to appear below the fold.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So far, it seems to be that you’re looking for some kind of overlay to happen below the fold. Components are great for this and have the added advantage of mapping directly to an object, no matter where it is scrolled to (bottom of viewport, top of viewport). I’ve attached an example of a tooltip that is on an object near to, but not at the bottom, of the bottom of the artboard.

6. I thinks its very annoying that you now force us to present the design specs and prototype in the same share cause now it's impossible to iterate these two documents separately. Most of the times my design specs and my prototypes are different iterations and must be shared separately. Often we iterate different prototypes and we send design specs for just sections of the design, the section that has been accepted for release. With the new setup it's impossible to continuous this strategy and it messes things up. Please give us back the opportunity to share ONE thing at the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Very annoying that the Preview window is not at 100%.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hi
    I needed to .exe export when I create a project demo on prototyping mode to sending this export to the manager or somebody that he doesn't have XD on his Computer.
    please add .exe export in this section.
    thank's a lot.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I'm looking for a easy way to create a expandable text box with the click of a button (e.g read more)

This is often seen in app stores and in news articles that that are behind a pay wall.
    With the text box minimized you should be able the see the content below (screenshots etc) but when you expand the content should be moved further down. Maybe this is already possible but I can't find the feature either in the software or in a tutorial. Of course I can build this my own with animations, but shouldn't there be a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pleasseeee PLEEEAAAASSSEEE.... bring back the copy of interactions while being on prototype mode.... after the last update, I have to copy and paste every interaction separately instead of just copying the whole group of objects with their interactions... it has made my work a loooot harder.... please!! thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Be able to create different status (normal, hover, click) for web.
    2. More options for interaction. Ex. Transaction between elements, or between elements and pages.
    3. Be able to create input files and allow viwer to click and input variate like password.
    4. It will be greate to create self animate image in the prototype. Event more something like icon animation (ex. spinner, progreess bar...)
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file one ticket per request, and you have four great ones here. All of them are already in the database and can be upvoted:

Thanks,

-Elaine

11. I don't really have an idea for this, by that I mean a solution. All I have is my current problem: I have a very large prototype with A LOT of artboards, because this feature is quite big. Problem is, managing all the links between all the artboards and different elements is becoming challenging, and it's becoming harder and harder for me to manage what should be linked to what and how.

Been trying to Google this a bit, but haven't found much to be honest.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In prototyping I need to be able to have an interaction transition not just between artboards but to a specific object on a different artboard. For instance prototyping a light box pop up, it needs to be able to be closed and take me back to the button I clicked to open it. This is a really common style of interaction. There are workarounds but they reduce the "realness" of the prototype when presenting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great if we didnt' have to duplicate screen just to demonstrate an interaction within the same page (or artbaord). As an example.. I'd like to build a 'collapse" animation for a certain content section, but in the same artboard, I have another CTA that takes you to a different screen. In prototype mode, instead of building three pages for these two animations (one is an interaction within the same page and one is a transition to a different page), it'd be great if I only had to have 2 artboards vs 3.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow for art-boards to have two timed transition elements, so that a timed sequence can occur

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. How to update component like master??
    In this case need to delete component and copy, becouse i create new companent with hover effect

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add option to Open Prototype in New window / new browser tab. for ex. if I wanted to open menu item in new tab / new browser window, I cant found any such feature in XD. that's the basic option to add. long live XD

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Why are prototypes so blurry. clients cant read them?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi, this is to inform you that I've a premium version of XD but when I open any of my cloud protype I get an error "Something went wrong, You can try accessing the link again, if the error persist. report the error"

Please imminently look into it and solve I have very urgent presentation with the Managers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When there are multiple interactions in an artboard and when the overlay appears on top of the artboard, the interaction is still clickable and the other artboard is appearing over the overlay again which is making a mess

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6