Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fully functional prototype

Basically create the same features as axure but easier to use. more animation, input fields, dynamic panels, button hover states, etc.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I think everything listed here is covered by other feature requests already. Please upvote these if they fit:

In the future, please help us keep the feature request list tidy by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion. Thanks!

2. Overrides management

1.1. Right now, it is hard to manage overrides. Please can we have it on the right hand menu when selecting a symbol so we can override from there?
    1.2. Also Can we have available other symbols of the same family with the same dimensions? (to swap easily between different state buttons for example as shown)
    1.3. Last but not least it would be great if by the same token there was an easier way to replace images within a symbol other than drag&dropping from an outside folder, which is a bit WTF
    2. As of now it takes too…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 100% Preview in Prototype Mode

Very annoying that the Preview window is not at 100%.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix position when Scrolling- Shifted to Prototype mode

In your XD tutorial, the part 7, The "Fix position when scrolling" is not anymore in the Design mode. But it is shifted to the prototype mode. Please change this in the tutorial as it is very confusing who is learning as he/she can't find that option in the Design mode.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Minimize text box and add "read more"

I'm looking for a easy way to create a expandable text box with the click of a button (e.g read more)

This is often seen in app stores and in news articles that that are behind a pay wall.
    With the text box minimized you should be able the see the content below (screenshots etc) but when you expand the content should be moved further down. Maybe this is already possible but I can't find the feature either in the software or in a tutorial. Of course I can build this my own with animations, but shouldn't there be a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. BRING BACK THE OLD COPY INTERACTIONS

Pleasseeee PLEEEAAAASSSEEE.... bring back the copy of interactions while being on prototype mode.... after the last update, I have to copy and paste every interaction separately instead of just copying the whole group of objects with their interactions... it has made my work a loooot harder.... please!! thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More interaction options

1. Be able to create different status (normal, hover, click) for web.

2. More options for interaction. Ex. Transaction between elements, or between elements and pages.

3. Be able to create input files and allow viwer to click and input variate like password.

4. It will be greate to create self animate image in the prototype. Event more something like icon animation (ex. spinner, progreess bar...)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file one ticket per request, and you have four great ones here. All of them are already in the database and can be upvoted:

Thanks,

-Elaine

8. Handle large prototypes

I don't really have an idea for this, by that I mean a solution. All I have is my current problem: I have a very large prototype with A LOT of artboards, because this feature is quite big. Problem is, managing all the links between all the artboards and different elements is becoming challenging, and it's becoming harder and harder for me to manage what should be linked to what and how.

Been trying to Google this a bit, but haven't found much to be honest.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Speech Playback available for prototypes

When sharing prototypes people are not able to preview speech playback and voice interactivity unless they have an XD account.

I have been told that this was designed like this for security reasons. Not sure what the security reason is?!

Being able to share voice is a huge reason I started using XD for prototyping.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your question! Here’s the info from Mark Webster: Yep, we require a login for security reasons. As you noted, you don’t need to be a customer, you can use a free account, but we need to have some sort of authorized user making a request of the voice service.

10. Layers for overlays

If you used Layers to position the overlays, the positioning of elements would be MUCH easier and utilize the same resolution. Currently, the overlays have a difficult time with font resolution. Almost like it is using a low-res jpg/png/gif.

When using the Layer method, the connection would display the layer is the proper position.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In the case of overlay, can use auto-animate

In the case of overlay, can use auto-animate

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Embed an XD prototype within another prototype

It would be great to insert an extra prototype into an Xd file, similar to an iframe in html. Just like the overlay, but in a persistent manner. Changes could be applied when the external file is re-saved.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. sticky buttons

would you be able to allow multiple sticky elements on the page?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Link back to second last artboard (and third last, etc)

Now when tapping on a back button twice in succession you're stuck in a loop. This needs to be solved smarter so that you can go back multiple steps.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have all interactive gestures beside click

Allow all of the javascript events besides click. One should be able to be mouseover, mouseout, double click, right click, hover, swipe left/right, swipe up/down, pinch/zoom and touch events to work on desktop and mobile (tablet, smartphone) along with watch and smart tv.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Advanced prototype

you should make more prototype options... If you want this to be a great app look at some of the features in wix.com or ai2. I think like in ai2 you should use a block editor for anyone who wants to use it because it will open a lot of options. Also' look at all the wix features and see what you can add into the designing of this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest! We asked for clarification about three months ago, and have not heard back. If you are interested in this still, please file the issue again with specific features you are looking for instead a pointer to another service. Thanks!

Elaine

17. Gradient and More depth in Prototyping with extensive animations

Gradient and More depth in Prototyping with extensive animations
    like Flinto app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like to see a single feature in each request in order to be able to best aggregate votes! We already have both of these requests in the database, so please upvote the following:

Gradients: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12925683-add-gradients-to-appearance-panel

MIcrointeractions: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869229-animation-support-microinteractions

Thanks!

-Elaine

18. Great Job

No idea just some positive feedback. Loving the November states feature :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. XD App loading screen Hangs / Freeze Fix

I have found a Bug when using special characters and want to preview it on the App.

My XD App kept on crashing during loading screen of an artboard or file.
    I have found the problem.
    It was when I was using special characters such as "Ⓒ" even with the font-type Roboto .. that it crashes.

When removing this the artboard loaded normally

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Transitions & Animations

I just wanted to suggest that XD should provide transitions and animations just like the PROTOPIE does. There are few things that cannot be done in XD easily this is where protopie come in. Kindly provide features like PROTOPIE ! Thanks!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, this is too vague of a suggestion. Can you give us examples of individual features you’re missing from ProtoPie that you’d like to see in XD? If you file them here as individual requests (one ticket per request), it’ll be easier for us to merge with other similar requests. Thanks!

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base