Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

32 results found

1. Can you import all the features that were available in Adobe Fireworks. That was a great product I know a number of people still use.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Some of the ideas mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

Please feel free to file individual UserVoice suggestions with specifics for any other ideas that we may have missed. Thanks for your feedback!

2. Don't bloat XD. Sketch are the winner in the category just because it does what you need to and nothing more and it does everything perfectly.

Be honest, look at what Sketch does and take from that. The video that surfaced when Comet was announced was perfect. All it needs is what Silver (now owned by InVision) promises for Sketch).

Why do we need support for Indesign and Photoshop files etc.

Keep it simple, do it beautifully and we will come.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Now the height of the text box of the text cannot be changed. I hope that we can provide us with the value of the text box and change the fixed height of the text box.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. What's the difference between 'duplicate' and 'copy & paste' in the drop down?

2. When I copy & paste, I didn't notice the paste happened exactly on top of the copy. It took me a whole to notice where it was, the realized how many I did that was hidden behind. Please make this more apparent.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Currently, all the symbols are by default link to the source document, once we unlink the symbol it is no longer symbol. It would be great if we are able to unlink the from the source document yet keep it as a common symbol with the same file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have been using XD for over a year now. I recently did a blog post raving about how good it is.

In part 2 I do mention where it could be improved. I noticed that one bug bear has been fixed already and that's the pasting of prototype links. Good stuff!

Give these pages a read:

1. Praise: https://www.reward.cloud/blog/post.php?s=2017-04-24-a-year-with-adobe-xd-am-i-in-love-part-1

2. Feature requests: https://www.reward.cloud/blog/post.php?s=2017-05-01-a-year-with-adobe-xd-am-i-in-love-part-2

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When setting text, an arbitrary number is shown for the size (and all other attributes), with no unit — I am assuming this size is in points, but I can't be sure. While I can just size visually, it would be nice if the units were displayed and could be specified. That way, I can use sizes I know work without guess-and-checking in a life size preview.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. To speed things up big-time!

Most of the users will have a decent graphics card anyway to support a big screen resolution (which is comfortable when designing)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m marking this as not a feature request, as we haven’t yet released Windows yet. That being said, we’re definitely making sure that our Windows app is going to be as performant as it can be, which means using every trick in the book (including leveraging the GPU) to make sure it’s as zippy as possible. Stay tuned!

-Elaine

8. 01: When I wanna scale an image or icon with a certain number I need a lock ratio check box to link the width and height.
    02: I prefer to working with multi tabs for the documents like Photoshop/Ai....
    03: I prefer a quick change mode between Design/Prototype

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. This tool is impractical at best and at the moment completely useless in a production environment. There is no right-click menu (efficiency/productivity). If the design is approved, there is no way for the developer to pull out specific assets (and not way to pull the layout into another ADOBE program in order to package assets for dev. There is no interoperability between adobe products. If the design gets approved, anything completed in this app must be completely abandoned and redesigned from scratch in another program (sketch, illustrator, Photoshop). WE don't have time to do the work twice. No thought of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry you weren’t happy with our first beta, but rest assured, we’re addressing many of these issues on a monthly basis. Our intent on releasing early was not to bring a fully-fledged product into market, but to provide people who are interested in giving feedback an opportunity to see an early version of the product.

I do hope you’ll come back and reevaluate once we reach 1.0.

10. https://creativecloud.adobe.com/cc/discover/article/register-for-adobe-max-the-creativity-conference

typo on your site***

Hello my name is Heather,
    I happened to stumble upon your amazing new event registration online and realized- There Was a Typo on Your Page
    I noticed & wanted to reach out to let you know it says
    2021 instead of 2022. Have a Great Day!

Thanks For Your Time,
    Heather

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The features that are under review and in backlog will come to reality. We are expecting the day off better xd.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Frustrating when you are trying to preview what you have just created in large XD but previews the first screen not the screen you are working on

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In Sketch I was used to make a symbol A (master/primary component A) change it (modificated instance) and make a new symbol B (master/primary component B) out of this. So if I change symbol A it also changes symbol B.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When trying to align objects, object won't align to the same edge as something else, Example box and a line dont align for half pixel!

When will this issue be fixed? This same bug is found from Bugs section but it shows there that it is resolved even it is not!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As an XD user, I think I'm smart enough to type capital case letters when I really need to. I don't need the auto correction. Thank you very much!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! This is actually a system setting – you can change this setting by going to System Preferences > Keyboard > Text and unclick the “Capitalize words automatically” setting. This should adjust your autocorrect settings. Please feel free to file a different ticket if you still see this issue!

16. It's very hard to tell when text is in edit mode on the canvas.. there isn't enough contrast like there is when placed on a white background like an artboard

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When using the responive resize function on artboards that use a Repeat Grid of images and text, it would be great if there was a button that allowed horizontal repeat grids to become vertical.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Link the font color to a specific color in the asset library so if you change that color it will affect the character style throughout

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Asset search would be extreamly useful. Especially when using an icon library for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1