Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. All functions of Adobe Fireworks

Can you import all the features that were available in Adobe Fireworks. That was a great product I know a number of people still use.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Some of the ideas mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

Please feel free to file individual UserVoice suggestions with specifics for any other ideas that we may have missed. Thanks for your feedback!

• K.I.S.S

Don't bloat XD. Sketch are the winner in the category just because it does what you need to and nothing more and it does everything perfectly.

Be honest, look at what Sketch does and take from that. The video that surfaced when Comet was announced was perfect. All it needs is what Silver (now owned by InVision) promises for Sketch).

Why do we need support for Indesign and Photoshop files etc.

Keep it simple, do it beautifully and we will come.

8 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • I want to be able to adjust the height of the text box

Now the height of the text box of the text cannot be changed. I hope that we can provide us with the value of the text box and change the fixed height of the text box.

7 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Duplicate vs. copy & paste

1. What's the difference between 'duplicate' and 'copy & paste' in the drop down?

2. When I copy & paste, I didn't notice the paste happened exactly on top of the copy. It took me a whole to notice where it was, the realized how many I did that was hidden behind. Please make this more apparent.

3 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Feature request blog post

I have been using XD for over a year now. I recently did a blog post raving about how good it is.

In part 2 I do mention where it could be improved. I noticed that one bug bear has been fixed already and that's the pasting of prototype links. Good stuff!

Give these pages a read:

1. Praise: https://www.reward.cloud/blog/post.php?s=2017-04-24-a-year-with-adobe-xd-am-i-in-love-part-1

2. Feature requests: https://www.reward.cloud/blog/post.php?s=2017-05-01-a-year-with-adobe-xd-am-i-in-love-part-2

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Wow! Thanks for the love. I have passed this along to the team! I’m marking this as not a feature request, because I’m sure you’ve already been upvoting you favorite features all along. Thanks again for supporting us!

Elaine

• Specify units for Font Size

When setting text, an arbitrary number is shown for the size (and all other attributes), with no unit — I am assuming this size is in points, but I can't be sure. While I can just size visually, it would be nice if the units were displayed and could be specified. That way, I can use sizes I know work without guess-and-checking in a life size preview.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Extensive GPU Support

To speed things up big-time!

Most of the users will have a decent graphics card anyway to support a big screen resolution (which is comfortable when designing)

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m marking this as not a feature request, as we haven’t yet released Windows yet. That being said, we’re definitely making sure that our Windows app is going to be as performant as it can be, which means using every trick in the book (including leveraging the GPU) to make sure it’s as zippy as possible. Stay tuned!

-Elaine

• 01: Lock Ratio when scale; 02: Multi tabs for working space; 03: Short cut for Design/prototype mode

01: When I wanna scale an image or icon with a certain number I need a lock ratio check box to link the width and height.
                  02: I prefer to working with multi tabs for the documents like Photoshop/Ai....
                  03: I prefer a quick change mode between Design/Prototype

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Not Useful

This tool is impractical at best and at the moment completely useless in a production environment. There is no right-click menu (efficiency/productivity). If the design is approved, there is no way for the developer to pull out specific assets (and not way to pull the layout into another ADOBE program in order to package assets for dev. There is no interoperability between adobe products. If the design gets approved, anything completed in this app must be completely abandoned and redesigned from scratch in another program (sketch, illustrator, Photoshop). WE don't have time to do the work twice. No thought of…

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry you weren’t happy with our first beta, but rest assured, we’re addressing many of these issues on a monthly basis. Our intent on releasing early was not to bring a fully-fledged product into market, but to provide people who are interested in giving feedback an opportunity to see an early version of the product.

I do hope you’ll come back and reevaluate once we reach 1.0.

• Asset Search

Asset search would be extreamly useful. Especially when using an icon library for example.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Save UI Page as Image

Have save to image file such as .JPEG , .PNG, or PDF

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

You can use “Export” for an artboard – select the artboard by clicking on the title, Cmd+E (Mac) or Ctrl+E (Win), then select what option you want to export to – JPG, PNG, or PDF.

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

• Assets kits

I want to know why the user interface kit are no longer accessible directly to the click in the software.
                          When I click on : Apple ios / Google Material / Miscrosof Windows.
                          I am redirected to the download page

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your inquiry! We shifted to having a link so that you can get the latest UI kits at any time. Often, the OS developers (like Apple, Google, and Microsoft) update the OS and its paradigms, and the UI kits within the product lag by a couple of months. By giving the OS manufacturers control over the UI kits, you can get the latest design elements faster.

-Elaine

• I can't delete a color after adding

After add a color, I can't delete it. I have tried the right mouse button and remove, for example (just tried as a option).
                            I have added a wrong color on my color palette and I want to delete it. How I can do that?!
                            Thank you

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • To view zoomed out InDesign documents as a grid?

It would be really beneficial when I zoom out of (for example) a 40pp Indesign document to view all the pages grouped (in order) horizontally and vertically in a grid pattern as oppose to one long column.

Currently the view on screen is one long column. It still involves a lot of scrolling up and down and would be better to work/see the pages in a grid (almost similar to ai artboards).

Is Indesign capable of such a view? I think this could be a real asset to have.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Multi select Text elements to mutate their properties

I want to be able to hold the Cmd/Shift key and multi select text elements to change either their font size or weight etc. Right now, I'm having to set them individually as selecting second while hold the cmd/shift deselects the first.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• [windows] export artboard

I'd like to export selected entire artboards (not only assets) to png and / or a single pdf.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• 09: Desktop Software Application

We're working on a really heavy piece of software and Mobile prototyping is just not going to cut it.

I understand and it's smart to merge ideas into other/similar request from other users.

But Desktop software needs are different. e.g. I need a side panel to slide in from the right side of my artboard, not the entire artboard sliding... It would be really nice to have a 09: Desktop category to begin to educate us all of the differences between Mobile app. and Desktop Apps. Thanks

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Lightroom Book Module - Page Size

Lightroom integrates nicely with the book layout module particularly for Blurb products. The immediate suggestion is to add Blurb's Magazine size 8.5x11 to the canvas choices. Idealy allowing a custom sizing feature would cover a lot of opportunities.

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Measuring tool for elements not related to each other

Say I have 2 elements that aren't necessarily related to each other (for example a header and footer with other elements in between) I would love to be able to use a measuring tool to find the distance in pixels between them.

To give you an example of what I mean in the attached image if I click on the line under 'audit name' it tells me the distance between it and the blue text above it but want I really want to know is how far the distance between the line and the grey menu bar at the top…

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If I understand your request correctly then we already have this feature.

If you use the Select tool to select an object, then hold down the Alt key, as you hover over other objects the measurement between them will be shown

• Save as bigger File

I would like to save iPhone 5s Mockups in all sizes for example for iPhone 6SE

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Since we haven’t heard back from you in three months, we’re hoping that Peter’s suggestion will work for you. Please do feel free to reach out to us again if his suggestion isn’t what you’re looking for!

Thanks,

-Elaine

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base