Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. I'm on W10. The library doesn't work at all. When I open the Xd my library items are absent. The only thing I was able to retrieve was some of my color library but all my vector files and color schemes is not available. I actually get sections I have never ever created! Like a section named Shapes. In the library item section I get the text "unsupported elements".

So is everything I have in my CC library unsupported in Xd? I thought the main purpose of the library was to be able to use the items cross apps? Seems…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. This may be small but takes a lot of time up: I switch between seeing the grid and not seeing a lot. In XD I have to click on the artboard name for the grid show/hide shortcut keys work. Would be awesome if these would work anywhere in design mode.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now, you can marque select all the artboards you want, then use Cmd + ’ (apostrophe) to turn grids on and off. Please let us know if it doesn’t cover your needs. Thanks.

3. The ability to select colors by hex is paramount IMO. Most style guides use hex for web/mobile. Not to mention I have several hex colors memorized (self serving much... ;) )

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There's nothing that I have found that indicates that a component is a master component or not, other than the green outline(instead of blue) only when selected, and right-clicking every component and seeing whether "Edit Master Component" exists or not in the context-menu. These two current indicators are not helpful at a high level because you have to select or click on each individual component instead of being able to see this information at a glance in the component/layers list.

The layer/component icon changes when the group is open(revealing the layers inside) or closed. This is not a necessary change…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Dear Adobe XD.
    It is a very big part of working in international Web design that the design tool support all font's.
    It means that I also need the name in original langues.
    Photoshop, ondesign and illustrator can do it but i can't find any way in XD

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When opening a document there needs to be a warning if the fonts used are not currently active.

At this time it involves a lot of guess work to remember which fonts a used in a specific project to have the active before opening the document.

thanks!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I create an object with the Pen tool.
    Give it a gradient.
    When I try to edit the gradient, the gradient bar is not appearing within the object. It is impossible to relocate the trajectory of the gradient.

Other time I change the dimension of that object, the gradients trajectory gets distorted and when I try to change it, it flies around the screen.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Elaine, where in UserVoice should we put this request, if not here? The implementation of hide and show objects needs to be very much improved. It really needs to be like Illustrator where you can hide one object at a time but also unhide all of them. To unhide 10 hidden objects in XD, you currently have to click 10 times in the "layers" palette. When these items are near all adjacent to each other on the artboard, but all mixed up in the layers palette it is extremely frustrating. Especially when in AI it just requires one simple keystroke…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow users to use the eye dropper when in "gradient mode"

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re pleased to announce that the ability to use the eyedropper to set gradient color stops is now available in the November release of Adobe XD. If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you’re looking for improvements on this feature, please do file a new request!

1. 0.5.0.4 Beta
    2. Steps to reproduce:
      Create an AI file
      Draw an circle on it (any object, really)
      Drop a symbol on the same artboard
      Select both items
      Copy
      Go to XD
      Paste into XD
      Observe only the object comes over, not the symbol.

3. Expected Result - Both items should appear in XD

4. Actual Result - Only the object appears, not the symbol

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I use the new Layout Grid heavily, but because of the color shading applied by default I need to hide it across ALL artboards to review what I've designed. Would appreciate if the functionality worked more similarly to Photoshop Guide Layouts where toggling the keyboard shortcut did this across the board.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. we need an "undo" function please. honest to god, cannot believe this is not a function in this app...

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As multiple people have mentioned, undo is one of those critical features that we’ve had in the product since the first day. On Windows, you can right-click on the canvas to get the context menu and undo, or you can Ctrl+Z.

Hope that helps.

-Elaine

12. Windows needs blur effects, that Mac got in May release.

I believe that Mac got blur effects before Windows, because Mac has blur integrated in the system...We would love to see blur in windows version. (I know that Windows has blur behind Action Center, and all other nice stuff but it isn't used as much as in Mac OS and iOS.) Tell me if i am wrong.

This is the only reason I do my designs of old Photoshop, using Blur effects with Clipping Masks. And it is so slow and terrible experience.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Unless im missing something there needs to be a short cut for viewing the grid. At the moment to turn the grid on and off I have to move elements off the pasteboard to get access to a bit of canvas to double click then choose the tick box to show grid. Which is a pain in the butt. Also we need guides.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add a shortcut for the Eyedropper. From the document listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/keyboard-shortcuts.html there doesn't seem to be one at the moment.

Thank you.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Well, I'm using Adobe Xd for a week. Previously worked on Photoshop. I've started loving xD.

But I am facing difficulties when selecting a layer which is under another layer.

It's really annoying always "hide" the first layer then select the 2nd/3rd layer. After that finding that "Hide" layer to unhide.

Photoshop has an option for that. Please see attached.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I attached an image explaining the idea. In short - cut our design time by 50%. When adding content to content blocks you almost always need to do the tedious task of selecting everything beneath and moving it to create space for the changes. I want to eliminate this task by using Dynamic content spacers. Just hover over a border and connect that border to another - lock it and type in your prefered px / point or % - your preference and voila. Every time you make changes the design just moves magically with all the content :)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hello,

The Creative Cloud Libraries are a great addition! Thank you for that. We're looking forward to seeing more of the assets usable.

However, there seems to be missing the NAME of the style/color. Each of the assets in my (very extensive) library has a coded name and is shared with many designers and the name of the library asset is essential for the understanding of what asset is what (especially for character sizes)

Thanks!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have the need to change the color of the characters in a line of text. For example, there is a link in a paragraph. The link only should be blue.

Should be able to do alpha on the text characters also.

I see that we have size and font style, but color is the most practical of all these.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 14 15