Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Short cut for view grid.

Unless im missing something there needs to be a short cut for viewing the grid. At the moment to turn the grid on and off I have to move elements off the pasteboard to get access to a bit of canvas to double click then choose the tick box to show grid. Which is a pain in the butt. Also we need guides.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keyboard Shortcut for Eyedropper

Please add a shortcut for the Eyedropper. From the document listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/keyboard-shortcuts.html there doesn't seem to be one at the moment.

Thank you.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to select a particular layer

Well, I'm using Adobe Xd for a week. Previously worked on Photoshop. I've started loving xD.

But I am facing difficulties when selecting a layer which is under another layer.

It's really annoying always "hide" the first layer then select the 2nd/3rd layer. After that finding that "Hide" layer to unhide.

Photoshop has an option for that. Please see attached.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Display style name in Creative Cloud Libraries

Hello,

The Creative Cloud Libraries are a great addition! Thank you for that. We're looking forward to seeing more of the assets usable.

However, there seems to be missing the NAME of the style/color. Each of the assets in my (very extensive) library has a coded name and is shared with many designers and the name of the library asset is essential for the understanding of what asset is what (especially for character sizes)

Thanks!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Text Character Level Colors

I have the need to change the color of the characters in a line of text. For example, there is a link in a paragraph. The link only should be blue.

Should be able to do alpha on the text characters also.

I see that we have size and font style, but color is the most practical of all these.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Center justify text block

In addition to left, right and centre aligned text I would love to see a (center) justify text align option. At the moment importing center justified text from AI does not perform as expected. I feel that is because that type of alignment is not supported by the XD software.

Basically I would like the same text alignment options as Illustrator (the advanced alignment options included!)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have center justification for text areas already!

If you’re interested in full justification, please upvote this story: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/16278061

If you’re interested in upper case, please upvote the text transform story: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13717794

If there’s a specific issue with text copy and paste from Illustrator, please do file it as a specific issue.

Thanks!

-Elaine

8. Drag-select multiple artboards

I was in the middle of designing, and then realised that I needed to increase the length of a previous artboard and add in more data. Now to do that I first need to move all the artboards below it further down. But to that, I have to individually select each artboard to create a group - and then move them. This in my case meant selecting 20 artboards one by one. Doing this is a big pain, and often one wrong click lost all the selections. :( :( :(

An easier way would have been to have drag-select action…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Title name for character styles

There must be an option to call what kind of text style I have created.
    Currently, it just shows what the font type, size etc., but user should be able to create his own style name or predefined user interface styles.

Like in Adobe InDesign for paragraph styles.

That way I can easily identify what kind of generated style I want to use to the text component I have created.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show grids for all artboards (without artboard selection)

Please allow to show/ hide grids without clicking on the art-board first.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Components use Responsive Resize, even when disabled.

I need to expand the bounds of a component while retaining the size of the content. This is helpful when changing the position of button prompts from inside to outside of the modal space.

When I try to resize the component it resizes the content inside, even when Responsive Resize is disabled.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Download XD files from assets.adobe.com

enable the download of xd files direct from adobe cloud.

today you only have the option to delete

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. edit pathfinder shapes

Editing a pathfinder ( Add, subtract, intersect, etc.) would be beneficial to create the perfect shape without building new shapes or paths. Example: location pin - If the circle within the teardrop is off by 2px, I can select the circle shape and move it instead of selecting anchor points.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Used font-families

It would be nice to see (where you select the font-familie) what font-families you already used in your project.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow to drop text file lists on repeated grid text elements like we drop images

Allow to drop text file lists on repeated grid text elements like we drop images.
    For example a simple text file like this:

Washington DC
    New York
    Miami
    Los Angeles
    Boston
    Seattle
    Cupertino

can be dropped on any text label of a repeated element, and it would display each line entry as the text of the label of each repeated element in the same order of the text file.
    Also other file formats can be eventually supported: txt, csv, rtf, doc, xls, xlsx, odt, odf

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Paragraph text

It would be great to have paragraph text similar to the paragraph mode of the text tool in Photoshop. I noticed when recently prototyping an app I tried to use lorem ipsum text and had to use hard returns to format as a paragraph

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Copying / Pasting Text from Illustrator

I tried copying and pasting a text box from illustrator to Adobe XD and two things happened.
    1 - The font weight changed and
    2 - Paragraphs were broken up into separate lines.

When I pasted a whole wireframe page from illustrator, all my bold text turned into regular and I had to select each line one by one to change it back to bold.

The other option was to outline the text before I copied / pasted it but then I couldn't edit it in Adobe XD.

It would be great if the text copied from illustrator matched /…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow to name elements with unique ids

A very important feature missing from AdobeXD is the option to name elements.
    The biggest strenght of AdobeXD is in the SVG output. I can design a website and use the svg assets directly in my project as UI elements. The only problem is that it lacks an option to name elements and symbols and to preserve those names as xml attributes in the exported svg file. Selecting those manually every time is a waste of time. Using names would allow to update assets in projects automatically when you edit those in AdobeXD.
    Please add the option to name elements…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Paste in place

Ability to paste master elements in place to avoid them not being aligned from page to page

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As mentioned in the comments, you can copy (CMD + C) from one artboard, select another artboard by clicking on its title and paste (CMD + V). It should paste it on the same place as the original, on the new artboard.

20. positioning relative to artboard

I find the option to position elements relative to artboard is a missing feature.

Not only for center to artboard, but also, let's say I change the width of the artboard, if the element is centered it should keep that way.

If it's aligned to right it should be like glued to the artboard right edge.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base