Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. All of the features on the Adobe XD softwares are good, and helpful. However, I would like to suggest adding a search bar, in which we can search for a specific feature (for eg. if we type 'Mask with shape' in it, it will show us that feature, and clicking on it, we can apply it to the required object). Not just for XD, but i think if it is there for Photoshop and Illustrator as well, it would be a very convenient tool to use.
    However, this is to be along with keeping other tools at their place, as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  2. in 1920x1080 windows screen many important properties are not visible without scrolling. Please bring all items into view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I'm fairly new to XD so not sure if there is a way to do this already, but I thought of creating a radial repeat grid. Say you want to quickly create a clock face or compass. Designing one or 2 elements or numbers then having a repeat grid available to stretch around in a circle, or even just a curve.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When holding spacebar and moving around your entire canvas: instead of cutting off content behind the UI panels, why not decrease the opacity of your UI Panels on the left and right to be about 90%. This way you can at least see what's being overlapped etc while moving. When it's registered that you've stopped moving, the UI flips back to 100% opacity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As it is now, adding paragraph spacing to a text box disconnects that text from its character style. If I am to update the character style my text box is not updated accordingly. And I can't add paragraph spacing to the character style, so that feature is rendered useless.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add "Select Contained" like Axure. I don't like Select Intersected. I spend too much time selecting things I have not choice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 4) Permitir desplazarce en la lista de activos, con las flechas del teclado, porque cuando hay muchos componentes es muy lento hacerlo con el mouse.

4) Allow scrolling in the list of assets, with the arrows of the keyboard, because when there are many components it is very slow to do it with the mouse.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3) Opciones en archivos recién abiertos, donde permitan copiar la dirección de la ubicación del archivo o descubrirla en el explorador.

3) Options in newly opened files, where you can copy the address of the file location or discover it in the browser.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I'm using XD more and more for creating and visualizing static graphic designs on multiple devices. Would be nice to lock the Live Preview to one artboard while designing in another.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If I set guides on an artboard and then create a repeating grid on it, it would be nice if when editing the spacing between the objects in a repeating grid can snap to those guides.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I have a scenario where I have 3 artboards, along those artboards I have three shapes as a repeating grid; I fill those shapes with images, and now want to place that grid atop an artboard by not part of it. This may seem strange, but in this example I'm recreating a screen, so essentially want to have those three images as transparent to work as guides.

Currently any object placed atop an artboard becomes part of that artboard, so in my case that repeating grid of images is hidden outside the first artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It is nice that you can link assets across documents, however it would also be nice to see a notes modal about things like the user that created the change, if the change has been approved an finalized for you to implement, as well as date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When working with the gradient tool modal, if you create, say a third gradient point, and you want to undo that, you can't. But then when you go back to the main screen of the app, select that gradient window and combo the undo request it works.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'm a user from Photoshop and I'm used to double click on the layer Text icon to edit text content in the artboard. I think this should be a good feature to apply to XD

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When I create a point-text or a area-text objects and then rotate them, a bit, and then want to edit the text, the orientation changes back to rectangle, and then back to the proper orientation; this is distracting and confusing. Why not allow the orientation to remain the way the user intended it to be, same as in PS?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When you grab the edge of a box, it snaps to the layout grid when resizing. However this doesn't work when you grab the corner handle.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I just was able to reproduce your issue, and it looks like an issue with off-pixel objects while dragging on the corner. Thanks for your feedback – I’ll pass this along to the team that owns this area.

17. I make heavy use of the ability to copy an artboard as a raster image, so I can quickly paste images into other apps (Teams, Confluence, Target Process, etc.).

I design at 1x, but I'd really love it if the artboards were copied at 2x so I can preserve full fidelity when viewing the pasted images on retina screens.

Any chance there could be an option to copy at 1x or 2x?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I got really simple suggestion for scrolling in your app - do as Miro did when scrolling with external mouse.

Scrolling zooms in/out and when holding down scroll cliked - pan. I think it's a quick win and you will make usage with external mouse muuuuch easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be awesome if there was a way to allow for large captions anchored to each artboard, that would stay linked when moving/rearranging the artboard.

Maybe if the artboard title allowed for a new line to be entered (Shift + Return?), that would even help.

When I'm planning out a feature, I'll frequently add captions above each artboard in huge text with notes as to what should happen in the view. Since my captions are outside of the artboards' bounds, there's no way to link or lock them to that artboard, making it hard to keep everything together when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. As I'm trying to create colour palettes and quickly apply colours to assets, I find it annoying to keep re-opening the colour wheel.

Can we have an option to pin it open?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)