Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. When I am trying to build nested components-- in order to prevent it from swapping, I have to click into the component in order to drag another component from the assets panel. I would like the ability to hold a modifier key to prevent this from happening. It would save time and clicks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When I'm working with my team I would like to lock some artboards in a collaboration file. This way I can guarantee that those artboards will stay unchanged but my colleagues can still see my progress and copy elements.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  3. We often have to design complicated components and in the end find out that we are unable to accomplish what we set up to accomplish without having to create multiple art boards. However, if we can take a collection of art boards, or a certain Flow, and turn that into a component, that'll be amazing!

Editing the Flow would update the component.

Art boards have the big advantage of seeing all your states together which will speed up the build. In the current implementation we have to click through all the states to see if they have updated correctly and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When designing a feature, it is many times necessary to jump around the canvas from one art board to another. Many times those boards are physically far away in the canvas, requiring tedious zooming up and down to locate and view them.

Now, it would be really nice if one could leave placeholder tags around the canvas in those places that are relevant for the feature you are now working on. Then, using some kb command (like Alt + Q, like in Quick), you could cycle the current view between those canvas places, keeping the same zoom level.

Alt +…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hi there,

it would be great to have the option to add in any 'Character style' text background color, padding, border, and margin and then have the possibility to apply them to any inline text element.

Cheers and thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dislocation when jumping to width and height in proportion

When the layer is "Path", regardless of whether "Responsive Layout" is checked or not, the proportional scaling is normal.
    When the layer is "Group", the "Responsive Layout" is checked by default, and the position is misaligned when the height is adjusted in proportion. Turn off "Responsive Layout" and the scaling is normal.
    Hope to improve! !

等比例跳转宽高时错位
    1. 当图层为“路径”时,无论是否勾选“响应式布局”,等比例缩放正常。
    2. 当图层为“组”,默认勾选“响应式布局”,调整等比例高度时错位。关闭“响应式布局”比例缩放正常。
    望改进!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A possibility to set some magnetic/anchor points to the scroll could be really great. By setting these points the scroll could stop or slow down to stick to some contents in preview mode.
    Exemple here : https://codepen.io/supah/pen/yMMyMK

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. What's really nice in pages and Mac, is the pressure senstive trackpad.

In pages, you can press deeper (force click) than a standard click:
    - on a group, to quickly open the group and automatically select the object in the group. (or in other words, skip the double-double-click to get into the group to select the item in the group)
    - on an image, to instantly crop it

It would be great if this was implemented into Adobe XD as I find myself clicking about 7 times to edit something within a group.

Another nice touch that would be nice…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add an option to edit the border of text in a character style.

Currently, if you create a new character style where the text has no fill but has a border, you can't go back into that same character style to edit the border properties.

And when you try to apply the character style to new text, it has the border but also adds a fill.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adobe XD has iPhones for UI design and prototyping. I'd love to see the S20 as well since I can also design for Android eventually with a good layout.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! You can already set a custom artboard size in the Welcome Screen. I’ll adjust this particular request to reflect your request for a preset.

11. If I have document A which has assets from document B linked to it, and doc B also contains assets from document C, I cannot remove doc C from doc A without first removing doc B.

It would be great to have some type of UI letting me know that when I am trying to remove doc C from doc A, by hitting the x from the search dropdown in the assets panel, that it is not working because it is actually imported by doc B, or at least that it is being imported by another document in general.

The…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would love to see Behance Case and Story (for posting on desktop) in the social media presets as I always forget what the sizes are.

This would help me create Behance cases faster which is, in a way, part of the social media elements.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. There should be a social media artboard type for Linkedin header and other associated templates

There are already artboards for FB, Twitter, Youtube etc. Similarly need for linkedin

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Big alements that are placed half outside (thus partly hidden) on an artboard and they become visible when selecting any element that's on that artboard.

This is very anoying and doesn' make sense.

For example:
    I have two artboard closely next to each other. They both have big elements half outside the artboard. Also on each artboard there's a menu header.
    Now, when I want to select the header menu on each page, one of the big elements prevents me to click on the menu header on the other artboard.

See example image:
    Header 2 is selected. But there is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  15. I would like to have an effortless peak into past iterations of a design without too much hassle, pick elements and get back to the current state again. Maybe switching through states in a timeline, dive into the state, grab items that I want to recover and get back to the current state again.

This would help me gather items clients liked in past iterations and get them back in the current view.

It would be amazing to have this in a time-machine (Mac OS) or onion fashion or something else really intuitive and maybe even accessible over right-click on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. From my understanding a pasteboard collection contains any object created in the gray area outside any artboard. If that's the case then why can't I importan an image directly into the pasteboard and not the artboard itself? As far as what this would be used for, it could be used for stensil or an example of what you want to replicate as a set of arboards. Say you had a few hand-sketches, you scanned it and imported into XD and now you want to start building a hihger-fidelity wires.

Right now the moment I paste something or import something into…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I opened an an icon library with 600 icons. I then tried to search for all icons with the word 'library' in them; 30 items cam back, but when clicked on one of the items, it was impossible to see the highlighting of the object because I needed to zoom out so much on the main artboardto see all of them.

It would be insanely helpful if you when using the filter search option, the items selected from the result set, say double-click would be zoomed in on the actual artboard, so the user does not spend minutes dragging the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When attempting to open a file, from the home screen as you open Xd, the "Recent" screen with all the thumbnails truncates all of the file labels so that it is impossible to distinguish between them if you have similar names. Also, hovering over the image doesn't do anything - you have to specifically hover over the file name to see it's full name, and the same with the file path. It would be much better if when we hovered anywhere on whole thumbnail or labels we could see a tool tip with the file whole name, and then the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would love to be able to import theese gradient files :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)