Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. 布尔运算建议增加分割功能

It is suggested to add segmentation function to Boolean operation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When I create an artboard it adds a default name with some type of long hyphen character. This character has problems with other applications. For example, Windows doesn't really like it. It causes artboard export to crap out sometimes. Gmail doesn't like it because when I export a mobile design and gmail it to myself to view on phone (cause I want to), my device sometimes doesn't want to download the attachment. If I change the hyphen, it works. As a user, I don't really care if it's Windows or Gmail or my phone, it's just unnecessary headache. And you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  3. Literally, Figma, Framer, Sketch, InVision Studio and whole lots of others have this.

It lets you resize a Group or Frame, without messing it's child layers Constraints, Positions and Responsive Design. Kind of like an override for resizing Frames / Groups.

Just implement it just like them : Cmd / Ctrl + Resize on any direction.

Basically for quickly masking child layers inside a Group, without really needing a Mask layer (which sometimes doesn't work to be inside, if your Group is with Stacks)

Also to make the Prototyping on the Canvas much neater, for Drag Groups that goes beyond…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please add to Adobe XD (select fill color & select stroke color), like in illustrator!

If you add it, We don't need to edit icons in other adobe products like AI or PS, We can easily edit it on XD!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. shortcut for enable/disable stack

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When two colors in a text box and I convert that text box to a path, the colors will be one color.
    I want a way to convert to a path while preserving the original color.

1つのテキストボックス内で文字色が2色あるときに、そのテキストボックスをパスに変換すると、色が1色になります。
    元の色を保ったまま、パスに変換する方法が欲しいです。

Windows 10
    Version : 38.0.12.13, Creative Cloud Sync 4.7.0.1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Many repots on this forum say you can right click a component to make local, so that you can retain the states of the components in this blank file. 80% of the time, that option does not show for me either directly from the component right click, or from the assets panel. See attached. When I tap unlink, it ungroups the components and states are lost. Lose lose. Please advise.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. search filter in flow and artbords. I atach screen https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlfpg5qzh3wzzrt/1616573183391.png?dl=0

Filter by type:
    Filter by artboard
    Filter by flow name

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. exporting files with the same names should not override it should just at the number next to it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Currently if you create two component states with adjacent areas they will trigger each other when used even if there is no area which actually overlaps. I've included an example of what I mean in the video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I think the presets for TV devices are missing. Even if we can enter them manually, we need to do it every time and use some homemade component for security zone etc.

An idea should be to extend the preset device to TV screens (720p, 1080p, HD, 4K, 8K and so on)

Thanks !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When I have cropped certain pictures or screenshots, I want to be able to fix certain things on the spot, the way Photoshop or Picasa allows blemishes to be fixed based on surrounding area.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. i'd really like to have the possibility to add effects that will be made with the mouse, like fluid effect (ondulation like water) on an image or a text.

in my point of view it's very important for creating incredible design and animations and make a website with a strong identity.

https://veli.studio/ <<<there is an effect like this here

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When you select a repeat grid object, you can see pink highlight if you mover your cursor between grids then you could just drag it to modify the padding.

With Stack, you have to double click to edit padding, which feels unintuitive and inconvenient. 1. You'd easily miss the fact that the particular group is stack enabled so you can drag the padding. 2. When you're working on page layout, you'd be repeatedly double clicking the group especially if you have many objects on the same artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. once the "name" of a layer of an instance or the main-component has been renamed (aka broken) manually, any future re-namings of the main-component or its "broken" layer will not be executed in the instance.

this is understandable.

to reset an ENTIRE element XD has the "reset to main-component" feature - which is great.

MY IDEA:
    similar to the feature where you reset line spacing by entering "none", there could be a re-set of the name / re-link to the naming of the main-component by entering a "none" as the layer name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hello Support Team,

We really don't need the pack of the tool. We only simple and sweet UI Design tool. We never ever use prototyping. Or we use just simple linked prototyping. Nothing more than this.

Please don't make the software heavier. Keep it sweet and simple.

Thanks,
    - Dhaval

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. So many times when I design, I just want to put things in new, overarching groups. Yet, this always breaks the auto-animation of any group within that new group. Very frustrating as it breaks the "feel" of my design constantly.

I really want components to keep their inter-artboard animations, regardless if they reside in new overarching groups. Hope this is possible!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Somehow the new CC Libraries are not thought through. There are two things which are really a problem in my opinion.

First:
    When I publish a library I now have all components, styles and colors from XD in all applications. Which is ok for colors but what should I do with the styles and components in print for example? They are completely useless because I will define other styles and components in InDesign. So now the libraries are getting more and more filled up with elements you don't need.

Second:
    I use always the same template for style guides. For…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can we apply more than one character style to text in a text box. Many websites are text-heavy – this is a nightmare to update in design phase, when options need to be presented and text updated. "Space after" needs to change depending on text size etc. Am I missing something here?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m going to change this to adjust for the “Space after” request you have here, as it does look like you can add more than one character style to text in a text box (please see attached animated GIF). Hope that helps!