Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. 39 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

In our April release this morning, we’ve introduced Boolean groups to the platform! To update, check your Creative Cloud desktop application. If you don’t see it, click on the gear in the CC Desktop application and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

2. I really liked the new October 2018 update where you have Linked Symbols across multiple files, especially when you made a source file.

I would like to also have this ability for character styles as I have many websites that all need to share the same UI style guide. I often change my mind about the font size, colour, line spacing and etc.

If I had this, then making a source file that links with multiple design files will make life so much easier to manage. Without having to go to each file and update...

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone!

With XD May release, now you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let’s us know what you think

3. When pasting an object into an artboard, by default it is pasted "in place" (i.e. at the same position as the artboard it was copied from). In most instances, this is very useful. However, in some cases it's not the desired behaviour. Particularly when working while zoomed into large artboards, it can be hard to find the pasted object.

It would be useful to have a modifer key / alternative shortcut for pasting the contents of the clipboard into the centre of the current viewport (i.e. the default paste behaviour in other CS apps). This would be in line with…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bearing with us on this! We’ve adjusted the way that paste works, and I think you’ll find it a little more intuitive. Now, we’ll always paste in the visible area of your selected artboard, which means you won’t lose your objects off screen any more.

Check it out, play with it, and let us know what you think here in UserVoice!

If you don’t see your August update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click the gear, and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

4. Being able to name and find quickly a symbole
    As a big user of masters and symbols, It is important to being able to categorize them and being able to find the relevant item to add in the prototype.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to be able to select multiple text items, shapes, lines, etc. and be able to group edit their color, typeface, type size, corners, opacity, etc. Right now, I have to double click each and every type to change anything, which is a pain. Also (related) I need a way to axxess the type menu, shape menu, etc. without having to double click on anything.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, with the March release XD now supports the ability to Cmd+Shift+Click (or Ctrl+Shift+Click on Win) to select items across multiple groups and edit them together.

6. To not re-create symbols in a new document.
    Still a good idea to add the ability to insert different text on different screens in one symbol.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Currently, Cmd-0 fits the entire XD set of Artboards into view. It would be nice that if an Artboard is selected, the same command will fit THAT Artboard into the view (similar to InDesign, where there are 2 commands, one for Fit All and one for Fit Page/Spread, but needing only one keyboard shortcut for both, purely dependent on what you have selected or not.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would be nice if objects could be temporarily hidden.
    Similar to illustrator.
    cmd+3 hides an object
    cmd+alt+3 unhides an object.

That would make selecting other surrounding objects an easy task.
    It also works nicely if the user wants to focus on a specific area without being distracted by other elements

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, all-

We’ve introduced the ability to hide objects with the Layers panel in our November release. However, we understand that some of you want more advanced control for hiding and showing objects. Given that there are a number of different potential directions we could take this, we’d love to hear your thoughts in new ideas in UserVoice. I’m closing this idea as completed for now.

Thanks,

-Elaine

9. <Note: original suggestion has been edited to add links to separate breakout suggestions, to keep the list fine-grained>

Add fill support for :
    - Pattern : Pictures (browser or download from link), ... --> see https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15672075-pattern-fill
    - Linear gradient --> DONE!
    - Radial gradient --> see https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15671976-radial-gradients
    - Angular gradient --> https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15902767-angular-gradient
    - Noise fill --> see https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15672078-noise-fill

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When handing off designs to developers it would be great to allow them to view the XD file for font size etc. without actually paying or having an app installed.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to fill entire imported asset with color on single click selection. Currently double clicking allows parts to be filled, but for a complex icon with multiple parts one has to select and color them individually. See attached example.

Example. When one has imported a series of icons from Illustrator, selecting the the icon should present a color fill option to fill that entire icon with color.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. just like in Illustrator, Set grid, turn it on, any move using mouse or kbd keys will always snap the move to the created grid. very impt for UX design work.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It feels weird not having those shortcuts

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Entering #000 should automatically convert it to #000000.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Upon selecting multiple objects, have a key combination / tool that enables us to resize the spacing between objects rather than the objects themselves. For example, three aligned, ungrouped, circles, when resized horizontaly would increase the spacing between them, rather than making them eliptical.
    This behaviour already occurs when those objects are text boxes, so I think it would be useful having it for everything else.

For me, this would save time when I need to align or distribute multiple different objects across the artboard ( for example, a set of vector icons ) which don't work with the repeating…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I think this already existed in macOS version. The idea is you can style (color, fontsize, etc.) a certain word or character in a line for sentence (one text group). This is, for me, one of the most useful features in design.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would still like to be able to zoom into a targeted area with the magnifying glass as you can in the Mac version

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There should be an option in the panel to increase the size of the bounding box and the way it snaps to the grid and content around it. The side panel (where user enters text size) should have a way to pad and add margins on all sides of a box or only certain few. This would translate better in the design specs as well as it would get designers in the mindset of a developer more explicitly.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Ability to click an object and the artboard (title or artboard border perhaps) so that a user can quickly align the object to the artboard itself. Most frequent use case is centering an object to the artboard.

2. Sometimes faster and easier to do this than having to move the object until smart guides assist the user in placing the object in the right spot on the artboard.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now, you can select an element or a group, use the alignment tools via property inspector and the selected item will be aligned to the artboard (a single selection of one item or one group has to be​ made). Please let us know if it covers your needs described in this request. Thanks.

19. Merge CC libraries and Assets Panel. It doesn't make sense to have 2 "panels" for the same thing. Photoshop has 1, Illustrator has 1. Why not XD?

Plus, i can't use the "features" assigned to the asset panel with the CC libraries. WHY?!

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)