Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. It would be a good way to find elements using layer panel. right-clicking element and selecting "Show in Artboard" and selected element will be shown in artboard.

Instead of selecting layer and then pressing Cmd+3.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Select and resize different elements proportionally while maintaining a fixed placement for each of them.
    When selecting different elements, the action of increasing them is linked to the overall positioning of the entire selection, so when increasing the selection the objects leave their original positioning.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Centering items on boundary box of repeated elements in the repeat grid

The items in the repeat grid have controllable gutters, but centering an object like a button on the grid aligns it to the center of the grid's enclosing box instead of the objects within it.

It would be great to have items center on the objects if there are an odd number of objects, or the gutter if there are an even number of objects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Currently when you're in a file and try to add a new artboard it automatically defaults to adding an iPhone size screen. This should change to default to the current art-board size.

This issue is particularly frustrating when you're using a custom art-board size as I need to manually change the art-board every-time I add a new one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Illustratorとの互換性について

Illustratorで作成したデザインをXDにペーストする際、
    レイヤー階層が保持されるようにしてほしいです。
    (デザインや指示を、レイヤーに分けて記載している為)

上記と併せて、
    表示/非表示の切り替え(目玉マーク)がやりやすくなると有難いです。

About compatibility with Illustrator

When pasting a design created with Illustrator into XD,
    Let's keep the layer hierarchy.
    (Because design and instructions are described separately in layers)

Together with the above,
    I hope it will be easier to switch display / non-display (eyeball mark).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Visualizing data (A plugin/Feature) should be made available in Adobe XD, since it will enhance productivity of the designer who is currently struggling with many tool to achieve the desired results.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be nice to be able to get the colour code of a shape that is locked, without having to unlock it first. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I'd love to see a pre-existing material gallery combined with materials I've added myself over time. Icons, buttons, etc. With a search engine of course ..
    Just drag and throw into your project.
    In the project itself, the icon will appear as a symbol. Independent from the material gallery and editable

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When I go to update an elements dimensions I select the width input field. But often times I miss the active input field and my selection defaults to the opacity input. I suppose since I am new to XD this will happen until I get use to it. However, I enjoy the clean look, but I would much rather be able to know where I need to click at for the input. Much like how the Properties panel is in Photoshop. There is a clear input box. I realize the bottom boarder line input look is the now look. But…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The 'import' command does not support CR2 RAW files. This means I have to process images through Photoshop and export them in an XD-compatable format. It would be great to use the existing Adobe RAW importer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great to have the possibility of adding a layout grid in the assets panel as any other style/symbol/color.

So we could easily apply a grid style to the home page, another to each detail page, another to the form page... with just one click.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When I make a symbol out of an object, I should be able to lock certain size properties. For an example, if I have a standard button saved as a symbol, instances of that button should have always the same height but with variable widths. In that case, I would lock the height attribute of that button so on resize only the width is changed.

This can help with complex symbols too where some dimensions cannot be changed or the symbol will be distorted so the designer could lock all of them to ensure that future use does not distort…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. To speed up work you could press for example "C" key and you have acces to context menu under your cursor. It could show different options for different types of objects.
    For example:
    1) Shape / shapes - menu contains last used colors (alt clicking on color applies it to border), align, and other tools. (example image attached)
    2) Text - menu contains styles, fill with lorem ipsum, text alignment etc
    3) ...
    It would be super awesome if you could customize that menus.
    Another idea is to maybe rebuild/add to right click menu to be more context aware and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Several times, I've accidentally deleted all instances of a symbol. When selecting a symbol from the artboard and deleting, it would be nice if confirmation were required before it deletes all instances of that symbol. If a user really wants to delete all instances, it's easy to do so from the symbols panel (right click --> Delete.) So I don't think this extra alert would be annoying, since the difference between deleting an instance and all instances is so subtle. When you are zoomed in close to just one instance and are on the layers panel (so you can't see…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I often will make a box with text in it. I want to be able to opt-drag that text to make a copy in a different box. This works, but the text is part of the box+text group I've made rather than being created outside of the group (as doing a copy/paste command would do).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I know I can draw a box around multiple items ('m using lines) to select them, but I'd like to select them by Ctrl + click as well. I have another shape behind the 2 I'm trying to select, so selecting multiple items by dragging a box selects the item behind it, and I can't deselect it... that's also another suggestion; deselect by Ctrl + click if multiple items are selected

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I've been using XD with a wacom tablet (Intuos 5) for several weeks and I have the same problem as with other design software: the pen input is too sensitive to movement!
    Often times I click with the pen to select an object and I accidentally move it at the same time (a few pixels) which is really annoying and sometimes I don't even notice it if I've very zoomed out.
    In Paint Tool SAI, which ironic is not even a design tool, there's an intentional lag snap when dragging stuff so you don't move things accidentally. Maybe something like…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please expand the dat that the property inspector shows to include color codes, transparency percentage and the option to select (maybe even edit) this straight from the inspector screen instead of having to open every individual color box if you're specifying colors for a design.

Kind of goes hand in hand with earlier requested "blue print" modes to make it easier to share designs with developers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The ability to (key+arrow) move an item directly to a spot that makes sense, according to certain preset values.

Eg. you could move an item always 10px away from another item, or directly center an item between two other elements nearby with just one (key+arrow) combination.

See example below. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adobe XD has the rectangle tool, but the rectangle is an element which is a shape itself, destined to be used as a design element.

The feature suggestion is to have a rectangle frame tool, which it's main function is to serve as a wireframing tool, rather tha a design element. The addition is to upgrade the rectangle tool for supporting converting to text.

The wireframing tool should be able to be easily converted to other elements, like a rectangle, image frame or text box:
    a) If you set colors, you convert to a rectangle design element (as it currently…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)