Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Install UI kit of the artboard type you're using

Can it be integrated with Adobe Sensei in future? That will surely automate few things for the end users

1) UI kits can be automatically downloaded and installed within XD. Suppose a user is working on the android artboard, he will get all the android related UI kits on the go.

2) Specific UI elements can be searched by name and instantly applied in the design system while working, it will surely save time when one had to find specific UI element in a huge document.

Think of a side panel of UI library integrated with Adobe Sensei doing all…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a right-hand handle to point text

It'd be nice to ALSO have a right-side handle for point text, with adjustment anchored to top + left.

The existing bottom handle that's anchored to top is a bit awkward for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Open/close panels by clicking on the edge of the panel

It would be nice to switch ON/OFF the assets layers panel by clicking the left edge of the XD window beside the current buttons.

I find myself switching the assets on / off depending on work size displayed on the monitor

( the opera browser has such edge )

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support for RAW (CR2) image files

The 'import' command does not support CR2 RAW files. This means I have to process images through Photoshop and export them in an XD-compatable format. It would be great to use the existing Adobe RAW importer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Layout grid as asset

It would be great to have the possibility of adding a layout grid in the assets panel as any other style/symbol/color.

So we could easily apply a grid style to the home page, another to each detail page, another to the form page... with just one click.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Copy rich text from websites

When you copy text from a website, mimic the CSS too

When designing changes to existing websites, it would be amazing to be able to copy/paste text in and have it be the same size/colour as it was on the site.

I realise this might need a browser extension or something, but if you go down that route then actually being able to copy all kinds of elements from an existing website would be game changing.

An alternative to the extension on a live website route, would be saving a website and opening it in XD in an "import mode"…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add numbers to the image selection from CC Library

When added images to the repeat grid from my CC Library, I'd like my selected images to have a number show the order I have selected them in. Since they will fill into my repeat grid in that order, I'd like to double check the order prior to dropping them over.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Color code artboards

color coating art boards. So settings pages are one color, profile pages are different color etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Set background color on groups

I always have to put a rectangle of color in a group to defines its color, but the group itself is the right size. Why can't I just give it a color?

This is partially related to this idea:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/15957478-relative-positioning-within-a-group

If I could give it a color and relative positioning, you would match the Figma constraints feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Copy artboard using handles

To keep my design clean and tidy I always copy my existing artboard with all appearances to the next spot up/down/left or right from it. I alwas have to take into consideration my zoom then to make sure the snap will keep my distance the same as from other artboards, while this could be done without careing about the zoom, nor using alt + drag.
    Part of the functionality already exist as when you copy paste exactly this wil happen, you cannot though nor choose the direction (always paste on the right from prev) nor change the distance.
    Of course…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Copy object properties for locked objects

Hey Guys, sometimes i want to copy the coordinates of a locked Item, but i have always to unlock the Item to copy the Coordinates. What about, when u change it to make the copy possible but forbid to change the coordinates of a looked Item.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Switch back to layers panel when selecting an element

After I've added a symbol from the symbols panel it would be a real timesaver if XD automatically switched back to the layers panel when selecting another element. This would remove the need to navigate to the bottom right of the window and switch the view.

From my experiences, users tend to drag a new symbol to their artboard then manipulate it or another element, very rarely navigating back to get another symbol.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. RGB565 color spectrum support

Working on UI on embedded hardware, sometimes there are limitation about the colour spectrum that can be used.
    Above all, the RGB565 (16bit total, that means 65.000 colurs) is very often used. Could be possible to implement this palette native in the software and also in the export options?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shortcut to adjust stroke width

I'd like to either have a scroll bar or +/- arrows to let me change the stroke without having to guess a number. Also, if I do change the value by typing a number, I'd like that result to be automatic, without me having to press enter to see if it fits my needs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a bit of snapping lag when moving objects with a tablet pen

I've been using XD with a wacom tablet (Intuos 5) for several weeks and I have the same problem as with other design software: the pen input is too sensitive to movement!
    Often times I click with the pen to select an object and I accidentally move it at the same time (a few pixels) which is really annoying and sometimes I don't even notice it if I've very zoomed out.
    In Paint Tool SAI, which ironic is not even a design tool, there's an intentional lag snap when dragging stuff so you don't move things accidentally. Maybe something like…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Embed color data in property inspector

Please expand the dat that the property inspector shows to include color codes, transparency percentage and the option to select (maybe even edit) this straight from the inspector screen instead of having to open every individual color box if you're specifying colors for a design.

Kind of goes hand in hand with earlier requested "blue print" modes to make it easier to share designs with developers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Move Resize Handles, so that they stay on screen

Picture the following scenario: You have a very large object and a very small one. You want to resize the large object with some relation to the smaller object, which requires you to zoom in. However now that you have zoomed in, the handles for your larger object are off-screen.

It would be nice if you could either, resize an object using the entire edge as a handle, or just make the handles move along the edge so that they are always on screen, even when zooming in.

to illustrate my problem I have attached a screenshot with an indication…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Disable certain objects for Export

Disable certain objects for Export

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Detect/search and standardize different styles

After a wild layout period I often have tons of different font-sizes, colors and so on … Now I have to reduce this for the developer. At this point it would be very helpful to let me show which colors+fonts+font-sizes+font-styles I have used in my project and where! If I know the place, I can decide to change a style to a common one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Remove automatic highlighting from "HEX" box in color picker after a color is chosen from saved swatches

Right now, when you open up the color picker, the "HEX" box is highlighted. I get it, it's so you can manually type a value or copy the existing value easily.

However, once you have selected a new color from a saved swatch, I think the automatic highlighting of the hex should be removed. That way, you could close the color menu by pressing "V" and returning to the regular "move" tool. Right now, I constantly type "V" to try and close the picker, but I end up typing "V"s in the hex box instead.

Honestly, if there was an…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base