Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Would love to be able to swap the hover state to the default state rather than having to redo both states if I want to swap the two. This would save time on more complex build outs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. In photoshop it's really really easy to create Hero-Image for example with 3 options (And show/hide these options - or save these options for future development) -- see the file attached.

This "basic" idea is very hard to manage by Adobe XD (Also hard to change images inside a frame - you find this issue as
    separate topic).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like to have all the fonts and colors to be recognized in all my documents, not only the source document.

I have a source document with all my colours and character styles, which is linked to my current working document. I also copied a few elements and pages from the source document, in order to edit those for a new part of the design. Which means that all the elements and fonts should be correctly linked together, but when I right click on the font in the document, it does not recognize that that font already exist in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Selecting a portion of a text block, then clicking the Fill rectangle, and choosing a color from the fill panel works as desired, except you cannot use the ink dropper tool to select a color from anywhere, including color assets panel, without that color being applied to the entire text block.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I just updated Adobe XD and it appears, they're automatically setting the component bounds to fit the content which is great is some scenarios but I have an existing project where I intentionally left empty space in components (e.g. for padding, spacing) and it's not even allowing me to turn this on/off like Sketch does. Now if I make any change to these elements, it automatically gets rid of all that space. I've tried manually resizing and turning the Responsive Resize on/off but to no avail.

I've also tried putting an invisible background layer behind it, but that layer doesn't…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The Text Component Edit Panel should feature the same colour palette picker as the one in the Appearance panel.

I don't know how this has slipped through but it's quite clear the Colour Picker Panels need to be consistent.
    See attached: Text component panel and colour picker from the Appearance panel.

There's no reason for the component panel to not feature the palette and make it easy to maintain consistency.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When i'm designing with a grid and guides, I find super useful the photoshop " hide extras " shortcut.
    I would like to see it in XD ( not having to hit the preview button )

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I am proposing a thought for Adobe XD which inculcates new feature and technology of using voice as source of fast communication.

“As we can create an interactive prototype with speech in XD, it would be better if we can create our screens (wireframes, visual designs) by using human speech. Human command will work effectively and quickly than creating manually. For example, for creating a square of 50X50 with rounded corners and having stroke of 2 px with some specific color will take some 1 min of time but by using human language same task can be completed within fraction…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. currently when selecting a font you are able to start typing and fonts will filter.

eg: Trying to select a font named 'DIN' (all caps)

but if I type 'DI' .... it selects the first font 'Didot' and when I type 'N' my typed selection is now 'DiN' which won't pick up 'DIN' (all caps)

Solution make the font selection 'case insensitive'

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When making text a component, can the name of the component be the what is in the line of text?

Example: I have a text box that says 'Home' in my nav that I want to add a hover to. When I select the text box press + in the PI on the right to make a component and add a hover, it has renamed my layer/new component "Component 2 – 1". Would rather it rename "Home - Component" or something so I don't have to re name every nav item in my layers and components on the name level.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. First of all thanks for the latests updates in November – they are great ?

My team often struggles to find the needed character style in the assets panel. In the 'List View' you can give the fonts certain names; eg: H2 Titles 50/60 px.
    image: List View

When we switch to the 'Grid View' (which portrays the components larger and thus more useful in that case), then the given name unfortunately disappears and only the font names are visible, which we can do very little with.
    image: Grid View

It would be great to get this issue improved in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would help to justify design of font (typography) and element sizing if XD allows to set a custom percent of zoom to enable viewing a true screen size on a device.

Currently XD misleads with View 100% by displaying a larger viewport size because incorrectly detecting my monitor(s) resolution/pixel density. So I have to do extra work changing Zoom level (under View) from 100% to 68% for seeing an actual size of a phone viewport.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When selecting text (via drag selection or double clicking a word), it will display the blue highlight boundary. There are some UI kits that use this blue as part of their wireframing palette making it impossible to see the text highlight when you have text on top of this color.

Ideally, the selection highlight should just invert the color underneath it so you can always see the boundary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow an option to view the full name of a linked document in the assets panel. Right now, document names are truncated and if two documents are linked with similar titles, there is no way to distinguish which one is the correct (or most current).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to be able to choose amount of columns in the asset panel regardless of the width of the asset panel list view. Instead of XD automatically choosing the amount of columns depending on width it would be much easier if I could choose the number of columns I want and have it stay that way.

Because I sometimes have long names of components, I am constantly having to manipulate the size of the asset panel to see the full name in the 1 column view. When I have a wide panel in the layers and then I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to select 1 or more components, preferably on 1 or more art boards though search, and reset the name of the component(s) to the name that it is in the asset library.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If an element is outside of the artboatd, e.g. an image carousel that slides with auto-animate, currently you cannot drop an image file onto it. This needs to be fixed, as currently you need to move the element to inside the artboard to drop the image then move back to the original position, which is very counter productive.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. There is a problem with the operation when searching by entering Japanese characters in the font name box.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to be able to stretch text like in InDesign. This is possible in browsers with css transform so should also be possible in XD. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)