Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set object to default to no stroke

Every single time I make a box or something it adds a border stroke by default. This is so annoying as I don't want a border stroke like 90% of the times. Is this a bug or something? I'm so tired of removing that border stroke!! Please Adobe, make this nightmare go away. If you insist on forcing this upon us as default then at least make a "remember this choice" checkbox or something.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create Accessibility Specifications/Annotations (e.g. for ARIA)

When an accessible application is being developed, the designer needs to deliver accessibility information to the developers. For example, a designer wants to create the tab orders, keyboard specs, and ARIA Region information.

Deigners currently use makeshift tools to create these specs and would benefit from functionality embedded in this wonderful tool.

This may simply be an addition to the wildy popular "Generate specs / measurements / style guide for developers."

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Able to make box text threaded (overflow between text boxes / columns)

To speed up work with text in few columns — just like in InDesign

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keyboard shortcut: Resize shapes using Cmd+arrows

Allow to resize shapes using cmd+arrows. It's one of the best Sketch features, it's really useful for pixel perfecting.

Cmd-up arrow to increase height, Cmd-down to decrease height.
    Cmd-right increases width, Cmd-left decreases width.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatically generated charts and graphs

We often design Area Graphs, Doughnut Charts, Bars etc for Dashboards. Personally I switch between AI and PS to design this type of stuffs.

But it would be great to have an easier way design Charts and Graphs in Adobe XD.

For example, I would like the following method to design a Doughnut Chart:
    Draw a circle
    Select Doughnut Chart from Menu
    Insert Percentages and colors
    Hit OK and done!
    Similar idea for other type of graphs.

Thanks for the Awesome work, XD Team!

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Flow text line wrapping around/inside a shape

I would like to be able to wrap text around an object or another text block as with InDesign.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for your feedback! This feature is already in our backlog – not sure when it will arrive, but we’re aware of the need for it.

Regards,
    Joe

8. Relocating master components

Sometimes you need to reorganize your design system files. Once you have created a master components, you cannot move it to another file, and you are stuck with the current file forever.
    It would be great if you can just move your Master Component from one document to another.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Set spacing between objects to a specific number of pixels

Adobe Fireworks style specific alignment in pixels.

Set spacing vertically or horizontally, by typing a specific number value into the panel.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Defined border/stroke (or shadow) around the edge of a mask

I am not sure if you already have a request for this, however, it would be nice if we could add a border on the outside of a masked circle or square.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  20 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Define layout grid by total width

The new layout grid is great, however: it would be useful to be able to define the total width of the layout grid with a single value. Right now you adjust it indirectly by defining the margins on either side of the grid system, which is less than useful, especially for web design.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Import animated SVG icons and buttons

Please add the option to import and use svg animated icons and buttons in the layout, with the animate on click option. This would make very easy to makeup prototypes of UI components.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Identify unused colors and character styles in the assets panel

While designing and experimenting with graphics and typefaces the list of colours, symbols and character styles becomes really long. Since there's no way to sort these there are a lot of extra items in the assets panel. This creates confusion and the only way to find out is by individually checking if the asset has been used on an artboard. If there could be a way to select all unused assets and being able to delete them in one go would save a lot of time.

OLD:
    The ability to view and delete all unused colours, symbols and character styles.…

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Curve text baseline along a path

Being able to do a full webdesign and logo design in one program is what a lot of people need.

I would have liked to be able to design a logo with text running on a curved path, but seems like I will have to use Fireworks or Illustrator to do that and then bring that into Xd.

What I loved about Fireworks was that you could do everything in one program. Basic image editing, gradient colors, gradient transparency fade and webdesign. No need to open Photoshop or Illustrator.

Keep up the good work guys! Loving Xd so far.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pen Tool: Same logic as Illustrator or Photoshop

I think the pen tool in Adobe XD is horrible. I couldn't draw the vector shapes the way I want because the pen tool is missing the same logic as Illustrator and Photoshop.

I first drew a curve vector in Adobe XD, and for my next point, I want to make a straight line. But there's absolutely no way for me to do that.

Whereas in Photoshop or Illustrator, I can hold option key to bring that '<' icon and click on the second point to and remove the next point's curve line.

Here's a video attachment to show you…

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Em values for font sizes and line spacing

Em values allows me to set relative values for font sizes and line spacing in a way that the line spacing is always relative and proportional to the font size. This is a great time saver.

Please take a look at Typecast, you can set it in px and/or em. Amazingly flexible.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Custom Artboard Size Preset

It would be great to have another section for Artboard presets that are your own. I have a few sizes I like to use that are not a preset and would be great if I could define my own name them and have a category of most used or user defined. Maybe Just a My category for presets. Thanks much I am loving this app a great deal keep up the awesome work!

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Text underline improvements: line weight, offset, variable color

Thanks for adding underline text to the latest release of XD. I really appreciate the fact that you're still adding features like this. I've had a bit of a play with the underline text tool and have a few refinements that would make it more powerful.

1) Allow for custom line weight. Currently the line is just the same weight, no matter the font weight

2) Allow for custom offset to baseline

3) Allow for variable colour.

See my mockup attached for further clarification.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dedicated Hand Tool (without holding Spacebar)

Actual hand tool (in addition to spacebar). When viewing multiple artboards, it is important to be able to pan around the work area while being disengaged from the keyboard as a means of focusing on the work itself. Or just leaning back in a chair.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Illustrator "Select Same" functionality

Wouldn't be easy if I were select similar object like Adobe Illustrator does?

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base