Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Ability to set up guides from the edge of the work area/application frame instead of only the artboard work area

Ability to set up guides from the edge of the work area/application frame instead of only the artboard work area.format. This is how guides/rulers work in all other Adobe apps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Can we please have it available where its possible to have one area scroll vertically and horizontally for web, scroll groups look weird on web. Because I would like for the rectangle or the area it to have its own scroll bar. Scroll groups only make sense for mobile, not web, its kind of limiting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be if we could convert a shape from like say an ellipse to a square just as in illustrator, so as to not waste time to recreate icons if I want to change from circular icons to square. As previously stated for software that was made to save time it sure does waste a lot, especially, when it comes to the fact that things like this are standard/were thought out already in other adobe software & could have easily been implemented.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I work on a path planning project.
    User must preview the path.

I NEED to produce several iterations of the same path animation, with different colors or informations.
    XD will allow me to implement the path representations in the app, without reproducing the user journey in After Effects : It becomes "real"
    Then I can test each version of the path, very easily, and get precious feedbacks

After Effect is the tool => export a transparent video
    because AFAIK it doesn't export transparent gif

Back into XD, my app structure (background, menus, etc) remains unchanged, and we can test every…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There’s a number of problems that arise when the component instances don’t have their own name field. Component instances should have an instance name and a name field that always maps back to the master.

Currently, the logic is, if you rename an instance, the connection between the master’s name and the instance name is severed. Though, the actual inheritance link between the master and instance is still intact. This causes a confusing user experience. You can’t tell what’s derived from what.

The current logic is too clever for its own good. If you decide to change the name of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. To be able to define the text box width with 'ch' like in HTML. Similar to what Webflow has implemented: https://webflow.com/feature/control-width-of-text-elements-by-character-count-using-ch-unit

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want you to be able to enter decimal numbers in the padding numbers of the group.
    It is inconvenient that you can handle the decimal point for other positions and sizes, but not the value here.
    When considering character units (em, rem, etc.) as a reference when coding CSS, there are cases where a decimal point is required when converting to px, so I would like you to be able to enter a decimal point here as well.

要望 グループのパディングの数値に小数(decimal)で入力

グループのパディングの数値に小数(decimal)で入力できるようにして欲しい。
    他の位置やサイズなどは小数点を扱えるがここの値は扱えないのが不便です。
    CSSコーディングの際に文字単位(em,remなど)を基準として考える場合、px換算すると小数点が必要になるケースがあるので、ここも小数点の数値が入力できるようにして欲しい。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We are using the Atomic Design approach and have built our files accordingly. There is an underlying pattern library with all the atoms. Then there is one file for each molecule, these files use the atoms. Finally, there are the files of the programs that plug atoms and molecules together. This file structure isn't entirely because of Atomic Design, but also because we are running into performance problems with our rather big files otherwise.
    With the old feature of linked assets that was never a problem, now we started to using the Library feature and are running into issues:
    I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It will be great to create a grid that works verticaly and horizontaly, like a grid based on the golden number. It is really ennoying that we can have only vertical grid. And also it would be great to use a feature like "auto grid" plugin to create grid using the perfect pixel. Now it is really painfull to make great design base on a great grid. Thank you and sorry for my english ;)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Just like the preset artboard sizes for mobile, tablet, web, social and watch; I would like the web banner sizes to be added to the artboard presets for a quicker set up. Artboard size examples: 300x250, 728x90, 160x600, 300x600, 970x250, 300x50, etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. position elements relative to the component coordinate system NOT THE RANDOM ARTBOARD IT IS ON!!!!

When you make a component it should have its own coordinate system where the upper left corner is 0, 0. It is insane that you reference the artboard for position and not the parent container (component). I know you thought was a good idea when you made it this way. I am sure you had to go to your boss to force the software developers to get this feature. I am sure that they had to write a work around to even get it to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be great if some features to support dual-screen laptops, like zenbook duo, could be added. Similar to the control panel support available for adobe photoshop.

Meanwhile, it would have been nice if the panels were dockable at least. Since the panels could not be docked aside, we are not able to take the panels to a separate screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Your second suggestion already exists, so I’m going to keep this one open for dual screen support. You should upvote the other one to get updates on that.

13. It would be good if an option could be put in all forms or at least when several elements are grouped that would make the content that we put inside it clip the content so that it would not be seen from the outside, just as artboards do. It seems to me something primary that should be because having to create a mask with the work that it gives just for that is a lot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. There is currently an issue with XD that if you install the Creative Cloud version of a Font, that was previously installed on your Windows machine, then XD will consider that you're using the old version of the font and warn you that all fonts are missing.

Actually from a technical perspective I understand "Why", however what is infuriating is that the "Replace font" tool itself doesn't understand that we installed a new version and that when we select the new font to replace with in the dropdown, it should replace with the new version of that font.

Because the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When a text layer is created, the layer name is the same as that of the text. However, when the text is updated or made a copy of, the new layer's label in the layers panel remains the same. It needs to be updated in real-time as per the text on the artboard.

Right now, it is very confusing to look at the same text-labeled layers in the layers panel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ability to select a component in a library and see a list of cloud documents that include at least one instance of the selected component.

If that is too complicated a lift, we could settle for a list of cloud documents that contain the selected component in its list of Document Assets.

Use Cases:

1. Want to delete a component but don't know for sure where it's being used.

2. Component has several states and designer can't remember why a certain state exists. Seeing where the component is used will help make that determination. Similar to case 1, this would also…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. On the transformation panel; height / width .. if I write +10 or -10 adds or subtracts from the original value.

btw: pressing the ESC key causes the input editing to end :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I saw there are already several feature requests about variables, but none of them seemed to be exactly the same.

I seem to spend quite some time placing elements on the screen to ensure distances between them are just like we want them.
    Lets say for instance that the page is divided into sections, and each section starts with a Headline. The headline has a 80px margin to the top of the section. After the section content, there is again a 80px margin to the bottom of the section.
    It would be great if this value (80px) could be a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hi -

I'm new to XD, but think I'm getting the hang of toggling between files that are open - since there are no pages as there are in Sketch. I like your Command + ~ keyboard shortcut very much for accomplishing this.

However, what I don't like is when a project file window is maximized, you can't execute the command, I believe - only when projects you are toggling between are in more reduced windows frames.

I maximize my projects for size, to be able to see more of the contents of a project. So, giving me such functionality…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It is a source of daily/hourly frustration that clicking on the icon portion of a layer will open it while the only way to open an artboard is to double click the icon (just to mention one). This is only one such inconsistency, but it's very frustrating to have layers expand when I'm only trying to select it as the first of a multiple selection while at the same time, clicking anywhere on an artboard from the list will only select it. In this latter case, one has to both double-click and do so in a small hitbox.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)