Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. I find it highly irritating that the Layer-Mode always collapses/closes the Artboard if you click outside of it.

Some people are used to click outside the artboard to deselect.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be a great time saver to click on a layer and than on a "Create Symbol" button, instead of having to right-click or to switch to the "Symbol-mode"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Pls add options like in photoshop for layers, small/mid/big. And change layer panel size horizontally.

Now it so small text size.

Thx for your work! like your app!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Currently I can only select colors using Hue. If I want to adjust the brightness of a color I need to use the numeric input. It would be nice to allow users to adjust Hue, Saturation, and Brightness visually, similar to the way Photoshop works.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be great if we could assign a content type to an object (graphic, text, unassigned) and set the inset spacing you want applied as well like you can currently InDesign (see screenshots).

It avoids the extra work to create an object and text field separately and group them. This also ensures that the text is always vertically and horizontally centered within your object (see button example in screenshot).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide an option to specify the maximum number of repeated elements so that if the screen is displayed on a slightly larger screen, part of an image will not show.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In other design tools, including Photoshop and Sketch, you can hold the shortcut for a particular tool, take a single action with that tool, and then release the shortcut to return to the default select/move cursor. (This is actually the default behavior of tool shortcuts in Sketch, even when the shortcut is released, which I prefer; Photoshop allows it if the shortcut key is held until the action is completed.)

This speeds up the workflow considerably, since the default cursor is the starting point for most actions I will take in working with any file. In particular, being able to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. when you have a paragraph of vertical text or a list of items if you click the right button of the Might Mouse separate each paragraph break or line break in a menu item, then it would be a ready to use menu and could be edited separately as if it were a menu created from different text boxes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When I click add new artboard, the artboard should be placed where my mouse clicks, not automatically placing at random place.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I have a suggestion about drag and drop a text. How we can put a text with a break lines? I just tried put a file.txt with a string "\n" to try break line. Did you think about it? In case, I have just one field and I will drag and drop a text. Is that clear?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. An option for locking the objects underneath the selected object for locking could also be considered, which may help at certain instances.

While 'Cmd+L' locks individual object, 'Cmd+Shift+L' can be assigned to lock all the objects underneath the selected objects too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. This is very hard to describe in words so please see the screenshot.

Essentially, let's put WIDTH and HEIGHT side by side in the toolbar interface, and below that, place X and Y coordinates side by side.

Further, please add the coordinate origin (that little thing that defines where on the object the X and Y coordinates are referencing. The absence of this is a major frustration for me in Sketch and Keynote. (perhaps a power feature, but standard in Adobe apps)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Maybe something like Abobe Comp is enough. It is very simple and useful

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Million times I've heard designers from my network complaining about toy-like anchor points in Sketch. I've even read articles about this online (seriously, google it).

I think that as a real-world UX and UI tool Adobe XD is supposed to provide a sense of a precise and reliable mechanism that does the job, and it's already surpassing Sketch in this aspect, but the anchor points are killing it for me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Object position is updated live when you move objects. Would be nice to see cursor position as well in the right sidebar. It helps to measure object distances when the smart guides don't register.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Just think about it. Why is resizing stacks in their stacking direction disabled?

The only thing that comes to mind, is that it might be hard to determine how the stack might behave when growing. But this limits us too much in creating actually dynamic designs. Besides: is it really that hard? I beg to differ.

Say, I have a list item, with an icon of fixed dimensions and a text layer. The list item has padding, and the contents are laid out in a stack: please refer "1. the stack.png" for my example.

I would like the icon to retain…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Include multiple functions within the Document Assets (Colors, Character Style, Components, Videos). For instance, quickly create multiple components at once based on selected group layers within the canvas. In terms of libraries management, creating a set of symbol is less time consuming

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Currently, vector objects in Illustrator can be copy/pasted onto Adobe Animate artboards. However, due to how ridiculously slow Illustrator is as soon as you add an image, it's less than ideal for mocking up/storyboarding HTML5 banners/animations.

XD on the other hand is lightning fast when images and vector graphics are used.
    If vector artwork such as text and buttons could be copy/pasted between XD and Animate, it would make it the perfect storyboarding program, which Adobe currently doesn't have.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to turn off shortcuts like Cmd/control + Drag moves the artboard around which I don't want. I constantly move the artboard by accident as I navigate through components with the keyboard and using cmd/control to select a specific component part.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The ability to drag select elements without dragging elements. This is basically what Figma has called "Deep Selection" where if I press and hold Ctrl and drag, I can select all elements without also dragging any element below the cursor.

This is useful to select nested elements and you dont want to drag the background element, and you dont want to have to manually lock those elements. Being able to just hit a keyboard modifier and drag nested child layers would be extremely valuable to make quick adjustments to UI designs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)