Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Win] Linear gradients support

1. Version of Adobe XD: 0.6.8.6

2. see att.

3. want to change from solid to gradient

4. cant be found as shown in the live ux seesion with matt on a mac.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Linear gradients are in! Download the June release of XD today to create and edit your linear gradients for object fills. To access this feature, select the fill color picker pop-up and select “Gradient” from the drop-down at the top of the dialog.

If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

2. Eyedropper tool to copy styles

Ability to use the eyedropper tool to copy existing text styles and ability to click on existing paths to copy stroke, colour etc.

These features are available in Illustrator and would be really helpful in XD too!

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for the lack of update on this! We now have a new feature that should address this problem: paste appearance. In Design mode, copy any object and then select any number of objects to apply styles to (including text). Then you can execute the paste appearance command (Cmd+Opt+V for Mac, Ctrl+Alt+V for Windows) and apply anything from text styles to border styles.

As always, we’re looking for feedback on what changes you’d like to see in the feature going forward, so try it out for a little while, then file your suggestions here in UserVoice!

If you don’t see your August update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click the gear, and select “Check for App Updates.”

Thanks,

-Elaine

3. Switch between area and point text

Ability to switch between the two type formats. Additionally the ability to auto size area type on resize and to fit content

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Windows] Mask with shape

I'd like to create a clipping mask in Windows using any shape or path.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Mask with Shape is now available in the April release of XD for Windows! Download it today from your Creative Cloud desktop app – if it doesn’t show up, click the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

5. Artboard Scrolling

This idea addresses how we can have longer pages beyond the current artboard dimensions without manually resizing.

Artboards could actually be just a viewport. You could double click on a given artboard to open an expanded canvas.

In the crude example I've uploaded below, I can still keep all of my screens aligned as I have been. When I double click on an artboard, the canvas is expanded to show I have much more content on the page. Perhaps the rest are dimmed to emphasise where we are. Think isolated mode in Illustrator.

This would keep the best of the…

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is indeed completed. We have a few additional enhancements to this feature that we’ll be adding in an upcoming release including a property inspector addition for scrolling giving you more control over your viewport and an artboard’s ability to scroll.

6. Highlight related symbol when an instance is selected

As a designer (working in a complex document) when I select an item on an artboard, if it happens to be a symbol (if Symbol Library panel is open), I would like the corresponding symbol in the Symbol Library to be highlighted. This will help me to locate it so I can name or delete it from the library. Then, if I selected every artboard on a document it would highlight all of the used symbols in the Symbol Library. This would help me to identify any unused symbols - for deletion/cleanup.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make nudge grid-dependent

It would be really nice if you can make the nudge (Shift + Arrow) work with the same size as the grid by default or add some tool to change it. I think this way we can work even faster.

For example: for an 8px grid, make the nudge 8px instead of the default 10px; for a 4px grid, nudge 4 px and so on.

Additionally, another mode could be added to make the nudge twice the size of the grid. For a 4px grid, nudge 8px.

It's the same principle as nudg.it for Sketch, but without the hassle of…

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Select behind/select by path only

Would like the ability to be able to select a object/path behind another with a cmd+double click (?) as per indesign, or be able to 'select by path only' like illustrator

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Relative positioning within a group

Relative positioning in a group will allow us to create custom UI components.
    Attributes such as alignment, distribute, padding and margin between two or more objects will allow flexibility to resize a group without re-arranging internal objects.

Unlike responsive behaviour, this feature does not care about artboard size, but treat a group as a mini-artboard.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In September, we released the Responsive Resize feature, which gives you both the flexibility to resize automatically as well as define the relationship between objects using constraints. For more details: https://theblog.adobe.com/september-2018-release-of-adobe-xd-responsive-resize-timed-transitions-and-more/?scid=8df38ebb-9534-4044-9f0c-e4ffd86c6fbe&mv=social&mv2=owned_social If you’d like to see refinements, please do feel free to file a new ticket here on UserVoice!

10. Right Click features

• Arrange

• Align

• Export

• Add to library

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

We currently have following right click features:

Copy, Cut, Paste, Delete | Group, Lock | Bring to Front, Bring Forward, Send Backward, Send to Back

and we will be bringing more over time with specific features as we implement them.

Tom (Adobe XD)

11. [Windows] UI Kits

Style-Library for Buttons, Input-Fields, ...

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keyboard shortcut to change text size

Change text size with cmd+shift+comma and dot for -1/+1 and cmd+shift+alt+comma and dot for -10/+10 font size like other adobe apps

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Dynamically refresh fonts on Windows (new fonts not available until quit & restart XD)

1. Version 0.6.16.7 Beta

2. Synchronize font from Typekit

3. Sync'd font should be available in Xd

4. Sync'd font is unavailable in Xd until after app relaunch

other search terms: load fonts without restart, reload installed fonts automatically

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In our April release this morning, we’ve introduced Boolean groups to the platform! To update, check your Creative Cloud desktop application. If you don’t see it, click on the gear in the CC Desktop application and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

15. Linked Character Styles and Colors across documents

I really liked the new October 2018 update where you have Linked Symbols across multiple files, especially when you made a source file.

I would like to also have this ability for character styles as I have many websites that all need to share the same UI style guide. I often change my mind about the font size, colour, line spacing and etc.

If I had this, then making a source file that links with multiple design files will make life so much easier to manage. Without having to go to each file and update...

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone!

With XD May release, now you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let’s us know what you think

16. Paste in viewport

When pasting an object into an artboard, by default it is pasted "in place" (i.e. at the same position as the artboard it was copied from). In most instances, this is very useful. However, in some cases it's not the desired behaviour. Particularly when working while zoomed into large artboards, it can be hard to find the pasted object.

It would be useful to have a modifer key / alternative shortcut for pasting the contents of the clipboard into the centre of the current viewport (i.e. the default paste behaviour in other CS apps). This would be in line with…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bearing with us on this! We’ve adjusted the way that paste works, and I think you’ll find it a little more intuitive. Now, we’ll always paste in the visible area of your selected artboard, which means you won’t lose your objects off screen any more.

Check it out, play with it, and let us know what you think here in UserVoice!

If you don’t see your August update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click the gear, and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

17. Edit multiple selected items within groups

I would like to be able to select multiple text items, shapes, lines, etc. and be able to group edit their color, typeface, type size, corners, opacity, etc. Right now, I have to double click each and every type to change anything, which is a pain. Also (related) I need a way to axxess the type menu, shape menu, etc. without having to double click on anything.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Search symbols

Being able to name and find quickly a symbole
    As a big user of masters and symbols, It is important to being able to categorize them and being able to find the relevant item to add in the prototype.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Copy and paste symbol into a new document, keep it as a symbol

To not re-create symbols in a new document.
    Still a good idea to add the ability to insert different text on different screens in one symbol.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Zoom Current Artboard to Fit (or to 100%)

Currently, Cmd-0 fits the entire XD set of Artboards into view. It would be nice that if an Artboard is selected, the same command will fit THAT Artboard into the view (similar to InDesign, where there are 2 commands, one for Fit All and one for Fit Page/Spread, but needing only one keyboard shortcut for both, purely dependent on what you have selected or not.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base