Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

449 results found

1. Reset ROUND Corners

once you draw round corners and set that text/picture box, then extend/stretch the box, the corners look absurdly distorted/disproportionate/oblong or no longer round, so XD should allow to reset corner points please! thanks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

I sent out information about three months ago about the difference between path radius and rectangle radius. If you’re looking for an improvement, please do feel free to file another story on this if you’d like to see different behavior.

Thanks,

-Elaine

2. As almost all apps have some popup message, it would be nice ot add an example to UI kit.

I have attached an example.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Feature:
    There should be a way to add new elements to already created components.

Requirement Reason:
    This way we wouldn't need to ungroup the component to add the new element every time. The requirement usually occurs in incremental design when we need to modify an already existing component and also when you miss out some elements before marking group of elements as your component.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Currently while having PS or illustrator open while working with XD it can be a little annoying when jumping back into XD you have to down the graphic pen and switch to mouse pad. I use my graphics tab more and more and being able to use it in XD with such things like the pen tool would really help UX imo

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Description: A toggle or a hotkey to show/hide the size of the objects and/or the distance between all objects in the project.

Why: It will make easier to know how to position the objects, to be exact the same as in the XD file, when you develop the app. well it not so hard to calculate it by yourself. XD knows how to show it when you move the objects, the only thing left is just to create a button to show and keep it on visible, but with automatically calculated distance and size of all objects. As a web…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. it would be really GREAT if we can copy from PSD and paste it on XD.
    I am using XD for Mac.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already have a number of these suggestions in the backlog already, such as:

Please do swing by these three (and file other ideas) to help with reducing the number of artboards you need to create your designs.

Thanks!

-Elaine

8. Initial feedback:
    • If I can use Command + R to access Rulers in Ai and Ps, I should expect the same in Xd.
    • Also, guides are extremely helpful for setting correct heights (think Android).
    • Echoing what others have said about Layers. Especially when having to demonstrate modal dialogs or touch gestures.
    • Mobile screens share common elements so allow the user to create Symbols.
    • Notes: how can these be added to a design when sharing files?
    • Support Asian typography; many of us share files across continents and internal teams will want to add comments to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Some of the ideas mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

About Asian typography support: could you give us more detail on what you mean? You should be able to enter text using Asian characters in XD the same way as you would type in other Mac apps. If you can, please file a new UserVoice request specifically on this topic, with screenshots and as much other detail as possible. Thanks for your feedback!

9. What I am missing while designing for the web with PS or AI is, the possibility to create lists (ordered or unordered) or tables or other stuff, that is possible with html/css.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. great first impression but to make it use full there must be basic effects:
    slideshow (sticky as opption)
    pralax
    maybe hover
    please research the web what is state of the art!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think most of the items listed here are covered by other feature requests already. Please upvote these if they fit:

In the future, please help us keep the feature request list tidy by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion. Thanks!

11. Stroke is overlapping on text, not cool.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If I have overlapping layers and I want to edit one of them, I usually lock the ones I do not want edited/ to move. Using Illustrator, I can draw a rectangle and set it as my artboard background and work freely without it going anywhere. I can't seem to do this in Adobe XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi XD team,

I'm not really sure how to understand this message.
    I have 2 missing fonts on my Document Assets list. But apparently those fonts are not used on the canvas, therefore impossible to select it and change to a new font. (see attached screenshot)

Could it be a font used on a hidden layer? Or a hidden component state layer?

I have copied all the artboards + the components in use to a new file, but still getting the same error.

Any clue how to fix this?
    I would be awesome to have a clearer font panel, showing…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Instead of managing all the different variations of a component using states, allow switching of variants with their own set of states. Technically you could add new components for each variant but being able to select a variant from a dropdown would be a neat way to organise groups of components and switch between their variants and associated states. An example would be having a solid button and an outline button as part of the same component, and these would have their own set of states when you switch between variants. This would be far neater than having states for…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The co-edit continue to crash. I tried the co-edit with people in foreign countries and people in the same office with me under the same network, no matter what, Adobe keeps crashing on us.

XD crashed so much, and you can't disable co-edit once you enable it, my co-work had to copy and paste the stuff to a new file and work from a new file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. On Hover to provide tooltip or pop-over,
    As of now you guys have provided the On hover component/button styling. But we need to add tooltips at times or a mini popover on hover which will be helpful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Creating master component (Not a normal way we do now) If I can copy and paste a Master component and create the copy version the master component...

or relocating master component to a new file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There should be a way to rotate a photo inside a mask. Right now the whole mask rotates and not just the image. See example.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hey,

1. when you are about to create a new document with custom size on the startup screen, you enter the width in .px and when you press 'Tab' you can't move to the height field 2 please add an eyedropper shortcut
    2. on mac, when you are about to export a design, and the pop-up dialog appears, the 'command+R for example shortcut doesn't work :-)

thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hi can you please add a lock transform to objects. So that if I want to re-scale an entire group everything would scale uniformly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)