Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support fractional values in the grid layout

we are working on 1200px width: 12 columns, 30px margin and 72.5 column width but cant work with xd cause of decimal value problem. It is not prossible to enter 72.5 at column width.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While I understand the need for precision, creating grids that snap off-pixel actually makes designing for screens less accurate, as it often forces elements to anti-alias, leading to less crisp artwork when you output. Are you absolutely sure you need columns that are off-pixel? If so, can you explain why?

2. Object snap to guides

I see that we can snap to grid, which is great, but being able to snap objects to guides is equally important when a layout does not conform to a grid.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. REAL TIME COLLABORATIONS

Real time collaborations with others similar to Figma. Right now the feature has a very long delay/lag time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Guides that stretch beyond the artboard

It's great to have guides, but the fact that they are restricted to an artboard and can't go beyond, makes it impossible to align objects relative to the artboard, there are some rudimentary snaps but guides that exist on a global level would be not just helpful, dare I say a normal part of a design tool, circa PS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Separate component states from variants

Instead of managing all the different variations of a component using states, allow switching of variants with their own set of states. Technically you could add new components for each variant but being able to select a variant from a dropdown would be a neat way to organise groups of components and switch between their variants and associated states. An example would be having a solid button and an outline button as part of the same component, and these would have their own set of states when you switch between variants. This would be far neater than having states for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Snap to Divisible by 8 px

Have a mode where everything you move and shapes you make are divisible by 8px kind of like snap to grid.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Zooming with external mouse (not trackpad) like in Miro -> Scrolling zooms in/out and when holding down scroll cliked - pan

I got really simple suggestion for scrolling in your app - do as Miro did when scrolling with external mouse.

Scrolling zooms in/out and when holding down scroll cliked - pan. I think it's a quick win and you will make usage with external mouse muuuuch easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Multiple character styles in one text frame

It would be helpful to apply more than one character style to text in a text box. It would be particularly helpful when formatting long text like a blog post.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Select corners and set radius

My natural workflow of setting corner radius is to select the corners of an object that I need and then go to the sidebar and set the radii for them. Sadly XD doesn't show the radius field anymore when corners are selected. Please fix this since selecting an object and then think which of those fields represent which corner it is uses way too much headspace.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Live preview for tablets - Android & iOS

There's live preview now for mobile devices; both Android and iOS and that's great. But we need the same for tablet devices as well. For both iPads and Android tablets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Text Border / Bounding Box

The attached screenshot has the "System" text on top of the box.

CURRENTLY: I need to create a layer underneath to break the line and make the system on top of it. This is troublesome if I'm working with a page that has 10000-000000-00000 input fields.

ASK: If i have a way to make the text' border 5, i can effectively eliminate the need to create a layer underneath, the amount of work is going to be halved, and that will scale.

ASK2: if not, can i have a solid box to cover the line where the text will be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Coedit Collaborate Save Notification Frequency

When co-editing (collaborating), we are bombarded with the save and sync pop-up every 30-60 seconds. It is a major pain. Is it possible to set the save/update frequency? My team does not work on the same artboard or components at the same time, so we do not need to sync with each other os frequently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

It sounds like you don’t have coediting actually enabled. It is currently a per-document setting that the document owner need to opt into from the Invite to Edit menu. Once coediting is enabled, you should not receive a “save and sync” pop-up.

13. Hide selected layers with one click

I'd like to be able to select multiple layers and hide or show them with one click.

Currently I have to click on hide/show on each individual layer, wasting unnecessary time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Copy Paste Artboard Specs huge win for auto animate

Copy and Paste Artboard design specs is a similar feature request to Copy Paste Layer Styles seen in Adobe Photoshop with being able to

This feature request would not only speed up productivity but would especially help when applying multiple auto animate specs across multiple artboards in an XD file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Text selection highlight color on Windows should invert

When selecting text (via drag selection or double clicking a word), it will display the blue highlight boundary. There are some UI kits that use this blue as part of their wireframing palette making it impossible to see the text highlight when you have text on top of this color.

Ideally, the selection highlight should just invert the color underneath it so you can always see the boundary.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Alexa Preview plugin + Adobe XD skill

Due to 7-22-2019 news regarding XD and alexa...

I have download Plugin Alexa preview for Adobe XD, however, skill Adobe XD at alexa app does not exist! When will it be available?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Keep text editable when converted to a component

XD v 19.1.22.6.

I converted a button into component. Duplicated the component, and went to edit the text on the next button, and it was no longer editable. The text became a shape when converted to a component.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but seems important.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Horizontal-only-scale drag handle on short elements like text fields

This small but frustrating issue has been such a common recurring problem for me. See attached. I know if I made the field much taller, the horizonal drag/scale handle would appear, but text fields are always short, I'm always tweaking the length, and it seems like there's room to fit the handle. Why not have it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base