Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. 893 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be a good way to organize elements if we have the layer panel. Locking and unlocking elements is just a click away.

883 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be very helpful to have symbols in order to have reusable elements that can be updated in one place and have those edits instantly take effect in all instances/artboards in the design.

832 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m happy to say you can now use symbols in the November release of Adobe XD!

Thanks to everyone who voted on this — it honestly does make a difference in making this happen sooner.

There are lots of ways we could expand on this initial set of symbol features. Please let us know your opinion by upvoting follow-up suggestions like these:

And as always, feel free to file new suggestions if you have other ideas that aren’t posted in UserVoice yet!

4. I want to have a consistent set of swatches, with the ability to import saved palettes or to share/export a palettes. It would be nice to have access to multiple palettes as well

821 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone!

We’re excited to announce that with XD May release, you could now create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let us know what…

5. In order to make global typography changes, it would ber very useful to have paragraph styles as part of the feature set. Bonus: export CSS from these paragraphy styles.

745 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. • can't edit any part of text separately . Try to give different weight,style,size or color any piece of text, this changes whole text.
    • can't kern any text
    • can't give a line height *this is vital
    • can't reach glyph

706 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded
  7. I would love to be able to work with my design team at the same time on the same file on different computers and instantly see changes made by someone else in realtime.
    Currently, we use Google Drawings to create wireframes because it allows us all to work in the same file at the same time and to instantly see changes made.

synchronous collaboration
    Google Docs

657 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m pleased to announce that we’ve introduced Coediting in its early form in XD 24. You can get more info on this beta feature on letsxd.com. If you have feedback for us, please do file them as separate tickets here on UserVoice!

8. It will be nice I can use that 200/2 = 100 directly in a numbered field just like any other Adobe App. (/ and - and * and +)

639 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of our June release, you can now use math operators in numeric fields! If you don’t see the update, open the Creative Cloud desktop application, select the … in the upper right corner, and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

9. 528 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Set text in superscript and subscript.

527 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would love to see a way to prototype for different screen but not to copy paste and adjust the size - make it like in Indesign that we can link files to different sizes.

Have a tool that can collect the assets and place them together into a different scree.

432 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Hoyle responded

Hello,

With last week’s update of XD, we introduced Responsive Resize – a way to easily resize your elements as you adapt them to different screen sizes. This should massively speed up your workflow.

Download the latest version of XD to give it a try, and check out a 3 min overview of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKvg8_8jv10&t=2s

Look forward to hearing what you think!

Hoyle

12. Ability to save symbols so that they could be used on any project would be very useful. As of now, symbols added can only be used on that particular project only.

430 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone!

With XD May release, now you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

Please give it a try and let’s us know what you think

To learn more about this feature check out:
    https://letsxd.com/whats-new
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

13. Right now, you can override text and bitmaps in a symbol. I'd like to be able to override appearance properties like opacity, fill color, borders, shadows, and font style.

419 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We’re excited to announce that with our May release, we have introduced Components (previously known as symbols). Components are design elements with unmatched flexibility that help you create and maintain repeated elements while varying the instances for different contexts and layouts.

You can create a master component to define a reusable element, such as a button, and you can change any of its properties to customize instances of that element (Size & Layout, Style and Appearance, and Structural overrides). Changes you make to an individual instance are specific to that element, but changes you make to the master propagates to all the instances where the property hasn’t been customized.

Components now could also be responsively resized with the same powerful capabilities of responsive resize baked in.

Finally, you could link components across documents to maintain a single source of your components using the Link Assets feature or simply…

14. It is super important to live view your design as you work.

403 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that you can now preview, in real time, your #AdobeXD designs and prototypes, on iOS devices (iPhones and iPads) or Android phones (Android tablet support will land soon). Make changes to your design and see it reflected on all the devices you have connected. Add wires to your prototype and play with it to polish the experience, all within the same workflow.

View all the details here (blog post and video): https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/september-update-of-adobe-experience-design-cc-preview

Please give it a try and let us know what you think.
    Be part of XD’s journey on mobile devices, this is just the beginning.

Really looking forward to hearing your feedback!

15. Allow users to add a gradient to a shape instead of just fills.

When importing a shape with a gradient from illustrator it currently makes the shape invisible…

393 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Manually drag-n-drop to sort assets in the Assets window

Problem:
    Assets in the Asset window are not always sorted per expectation.
    Example-1: If during a project I create a tint of a certain color, I may want to place that swatch next to its parent color.
    Example-2: I need to sort my color assets in accordance with our style-guide and have the primary prior to my secondary colors.

Solution:
    Be able to drag-n-drop assets in the Asset window to sort them manually.

380 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. So I started playing with Symbols Override for the June Update, but I feel this feature is still a little limited to what we can do.

Like I want to create a master nav bar with active and default states. But the override doesn't allow me to have that flexibility.

Same thing applies to a tab bar for iOS apps.

Right now I feels this Symbols Override feature only works for Buttons when you want to keep the same button styling but have different text. Or maybe cards with bitmap images, but not in a repeated grid list view format.

350 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I really miss the (l) colorpipette/colorpicker shortcut. Because I now have too much (mouse/pen)movement to the right panel, in stead of doing all with shortcuts... This and more shortcuts from photoshop/illustrator like (z) for zoom.

332 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Spell check please! Much needed for someone who sometimes glances over simple spelling errors

325 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now use spell check in the September release of XD! If you can’t see the update, select … from the Creative Cloud desktop application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you have additional suggestions for this feature, please file a separate request!

20. Just like in Illustrator, it should be possible to add colors, styles, symbols, ... to a new or existing CC library.

At this moment, the CC library is of not much use when you're creating a brand new project in a team of XD designers.

Thanks!

Best regards,
    Guy

317 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the latest release of Adobe XD, you can now write colors, character styles, and objects to CC Libraries. Check it out and let us know what you think! Please feel free to file individual tickets for additional features you’d like to see in this area.