Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

449 results found

1. When an object or group is selected, you should be able to hold a key (such as Option) so that you can drag it around without XD selecting a layer that is above it. Sketch allows you to hold Option so that the selected item stays selected.

Yes you can use the arrow keys to nudge something but that can take forever if you want to move your object way down the page. This is really slowing down my workflow. In the link below, you'll see this in action.

https://www.loom.com/share/289f4d39ce744c4a91eb9837da7da9fb

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. People get the spelling of "your" and "you're" or "their" "there" and "they're" wrong so frequently, it's only made worse when you spell it correctly and autocorrect changes it to the wrong version for you. I'm not sure if this is the Mac's built-in autocorrect or XD causing it, but I feel like I notice it more in XD than anywhere else (though maybe I type more in XD than anywhere else!)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When i go into full screen mode on my Macbook locally via the app, the "hover" effects ect. start to lag.

When i tab out of fullscreen mode it runs perfectly.

I hope you can fix this soon :-)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Currently, for Roboto font, I have only these three style options:
    - Regular (probably weight 400)
    - Medium (probably weight 500)
    - Bold (probably weight 700)

But there are two more style options available offically (https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Roboto):
    - Thin 100
    - Black 900

Please make all of them available to Adobe XD!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. (In Design Mode) I was trying to create a screen to simulate a sliding modal that goes off the screen. I moved the modal group within my container group half-outside the bounds of my container group, and wanted the overflow to be hidden. But there is no option, so I had to create a white square, without borders and place it near the bounds of my main group, above the overflow portion of the modal group.

Please tell me there's an easier way to hide the overflow of objects when they are outside the bounds of the parent group. I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How to reproduce the bug:
    Select an element like a rectangle.
    Choose a value to edit, e.g. "Different radius for each corner"
    When editing the first input field, my input is shown in the last input field instead.
    Another example is with the Size, Dash, Gap input fields, where inputs in Size shows up in Dash.

It doesn't always happen, but it has happened quite a few times to me today.. My elements are all in components. I don't know if that's relevant though.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Why can't you release a mask? I've been stuck on this for ages, its really slowing down my workflow and is plainly illogical. I have seen that there's a workaround to export it - as in open in photoshop or create a mask group but I should be able to release the mask just as quickly as I made it!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! There are two different ways to mask – auto-mask and a custom mask, where you draw a rectangle over an image and use the Mask with Shape command. In the latter case, you can ungroup the mask group (Shift+Cmd+G) to release the mask. Unfortunately, since the auto-mask is a fill for the object, you can’t actually undo the mask. Hope that helps!

8. Few screens missing from the XD file. And also it is not showing up in the versions data. Kindly look into it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would love to have a way to create guides for a certain artboard in my project and then be able to save it with a name, to be pulled up for later use on another artboard. This way I could have a master set of guides to begin with for each type of screen, and be able to modify it as I work, then be able to pull the original guides up for the next one. Adobe is great!! Keep making it better!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. with the previous xd update i can able to drag objects and artboard along the screens
    when i zoomed in and click and drag an object to the corner of the screen , the screen moves along with the direction i intended to move.
    now i need to zoom and pan the screen to move the objects to the desired position.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There is no easy way to exit an input field in the properties panel after inputting a value.
    For example:
    1. I have the 'artboard' tool selected and drag out a random sized artboard.
    2. Adjust the size by entering values in the W/H fields in the properties panel.
    3. Then I'd have to use the mouse to change tools to the 'select arrow' or other tool for the value to commit and exit the field

Because I'm used to photoshop and hot keys to switch between tools, I'll often press enter to commit (like in photoshop) and then "V"…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Our team is running into an issue where two members of the team who are co-editing a document see two different type styles in the same type box on their respective devices. the person who is not the owner will save the document, but the type styles implemented on his end do not show up on the owners end.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. What is the windows shortcut to show/hide Layout grids? I know how to show hide guides, but looks like any material related to showing hiding grids on Windows is outdated or wrong.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This depends on the language you’re running in, but if you’re in English, it should be Shift+Ctrl+’ (quotation mark). You can find this out for yourself by right-clicking on the canvas (like on the pasteboard). I’ve attached a screenshot for your reference.

14. An option to not automatically turn double primes/inch marks into quotation marks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. This correction is actually set in your operating system with the dictionary integration. You can turn this off in your computer’s keyboard settings under text: “Use smart quotes and dashes”

15. Some bug is preventing me from using this shortcut key and it's interrupting my design flow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I select on a text, XD freeze and I can't edit the text or even see writing courser

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I move some sections off screen (totally off canvas) I am then lose parts of them once I let go (off canvas). I have copied the whole project into a new workspace and it works fine. What is going on?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. An ability to replace a selected component on an artboard with any other master component in the document; would improve workflow speed for testing ideas or managing complex design systems.
    Something like a right click option could be quick for the user.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. This is a wireframe I'm working on. I created a group called Modal and put inside it 2 groups Modal Header and Modal Body. Inside of Modal Body I want to have a group called Right Sidebar and use it as a anchor point menu but it won't stay fixed if it wasn't a parent group, in other words, it need to be outside the group Modal.

Besides that if I want to use this inside a component as an anchor point menu and a trigger to dropdown it won't work too

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. States are great, BUT, I always thought the idea was that they could be an easy change mechanism for all components, thus it would be nice that for every "new state" that gets added from the menu, each could have its corresponding hover state. Otherwise, a new component has to be created for each one and thus making "new state" only really viable for components that are non-interactive (like status indicators).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. You can actually create hover interactions between states in Prototype Mode; the “hover” is just a shortcut to create your first hover state. I’ve attached an animated GIF that shows you how to do this between any state you want. Hope this helps!