Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. Paste SVGs from Sketch files correctly. Right now you can't paste an icon from Sketch directly into Adobe XD. What you get is the rectangle with the bounding box, not the actual SVG you wanted.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

In our July update, we will have direct copy/paste from Sketch to XD via PDF on the clipboard. SVG import will likely still give you better fidelity going from Sketch to XD. We have made improvements to the import with every release, so, please try it again.

1) In Sketch, do “Copy SVG” from the context menu
    2) Paste into XD.

2. BUG: When an image is placed in a rectangle with drop shadow, it can't be repositioned or resized—when double-clicking it just jump directly into editing the shape, and no image is shown in the layers panel.
    (XD 42.1.22.4 x64 Mac OS)

Please fix this

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. All the icon svg paths in the polaris icon system won't open in XD. It seems to be valid svg and renders in the browser just fine. It also won't open in Illustrator.
    https://polaris-icons.shopify.com/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The link to Google Material Design is outdated, and the new page does not include an XD document. Can this be updated please making use of the components and button states and other new features?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As an Adobe Xd user that uses many stack groups, I would like to quickly duplicate individual items within a stack.

See video attached for example:
    1. Outside of stack groups the default behavior of holding ALT/Option key while clicking and dragging an object is to duplicate it.
    2. Holding ALT/Option key on an object within a stack group does nothing.
    3. (Workaround) Copy / Pasting an object within a stack group with Command+C & Command+V duplicates the object in the correct location.

This is 1 of 2 minor bugs I've found with stacks, but I think I'm only finding…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The first thing I see on XD is a choice to create a new design. The predefined items have a multitude of Apple devices and a token "Android" or "Custom" option.

The real world mostly use non-Apple devices. There are many different sized android phones & Tables, Chromebooks, Windows Surface etc. It is about time Adobe products recognised this and treated non-apple hardware as a first class citizen and not an after thought.

Support what our customers need, not what you personally prefer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The new padding feature is cool, but a little too limited. I’d like for it to be able to adjust padding for the outside of groups/components in order to help with building design systems.

For example, when I build a website, a page is often made up of smaller sections (components). I would like to be able to define margin on those components so that each one has an even amount of spacing between the next. That way if I update the height of any of those components or change content that affects its size, components around that one will…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When you Ctrl+click to do direct selection then you also select layers with 0% opacity, which means that you are not selecting what you see.

With Auto Animate I have begun to place layers on top of each other, and in next artboard move them into final position to simulate foldout. This will also transition from 0 to 100% opacity, which is why I don't simply hide the layers.

This makes it difficult to edit what is visible and layered behind the top layers of 0% opacity.
    E.g. if I then want to edit a text field then I cannot…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Since our developers code our websites in pixels, we need the ability to change the font style from points to pixels.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Currently you have to select the Colur icon/block or Ag style icon to apply character or Colour style, if you click anywhere else in the character style block it does not apply!!!
    The more intuitive and i think previous versions had this, is to make the entire character style capsule clickable. I run a 5k screen setup so the icons are pretty small.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be helpful if you were able to label the assets (symbols, colors, fonts) like you can in the Library panel so that you can easily tell which asset is for which feature in your project. For example, the ability to label a font choice as "Header" or "Subtext".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Why did you move the eye dropper tool inside the fill dialogue box? It now takes two clicks to access it instead of the original one click. With a tool that is used so frequently this is not a good thing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When I decided to change the whole prototype design from one color palette to another. I cannot change the same color of all the shapes together. I need to select same color shapes on each page one by one. This is so slow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I use the Update Link command a lot! It has now been buried under Publish Prototype; more clicks away instead of fewer. I believe that his command is a signature experience for this application, and so it should be brought forward rather than buried.

It would be great for me to have a dedicated control that let's me update my prototype with one powerful click.

Please look at the attached image I which I have capture my thoughts around this feature.

If anything, the previous design should be put back in place.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to select all the objects that use a particular asset like a color or font. If my design has gone crazy and I have assets that are close, like 23px and 24px titles that I want to merge it would make that easier. With colors, I may not want to edit the Asset, I may want to change all the corporate red to the corporate blue. It would help with finding fonts in a file too, like in Illustrator.

Similar to:
    Related symbol: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19712428
    Related character style: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/30977113

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want XD to recenter and zoom to an artboard that I select from the artboard list.

Why is this valuable to you?
    I currently spend a lot of energy manually zooming and panning between artboards. What if we simplify and streamline all this activity to just a couple of clicks?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would be great if we could add multiples symbols at once rather than adding one by one. Maybe let grouped items be imported to the symbols section altogether.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In Illustrator, the direct selection arrow allows me to select an object inside a group without having to select the group. When I have nested groups this can become a laborious process. This should also provide a way to select individual objects contained within different groups.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be nice to have shortcut key for switching between the two windows when open. for example when i have one project open and then i open for some iOS and android UI it opens in new window which is really annoying to switch between the the two window.
    for example in photoshop when i press (cmd+ ~) it switchs between the windows without using mouse click.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I noticed that the text box around text can be centered/aligned itself, but the text inside it is always at the bottom of the text box and not centered, making it hard to center/align text with other objects.

For example, if you create a rectangle for a button (see image), and add in a text box with some text that says something like "button," and center both together vertically and horizontally, the text will be slightly lower than center because the text is not centered inside the text box.

Some have already posted the idea of adding alignment tools, but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)