Request details

Overlays below the viewport height in scrollable artboards

For desktop apps, it's really commun to have Selects elements below the fold.

Overlays would be really really useful for that. But for some reasons, the overlay gets stuck to the bottom of the viewport while trying to position it below.

So that I cannot use overlays in my scrollable artboards, and make them pop pop from anywhere on the page (of course, by preserving scroll position)

Thanks guys.
Hope this will be part of a release soon!

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Romain Séchan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Luis Pena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HOOOOOLY! Who said "I think it would be great to not let people use an overlay below the fold."? Please this is 100% necessary!

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This 100%. Most webpages and mobile applications involve scrolling action in some way, shape, or form. I would be interested to know whether a possible solution for overlays and other actions below the existing viewport might be the ability to set multiple viewports and record specified actions within each viewport?

• Andy Dowse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, being able to use overlays below the viewport height is a must. Adjusting the viewport height means the previews don't look right. Great app though.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was really excited about overlays. The first one I tried to make was a drop-down menu on a sorting bar... below the page fold. It's unfortunate that this is "the intended function." I imagine that most users that aren't only making mobile apps will find this same issue rather early on and consider it a bug or a limitation of a new feature. At this stage, it feels like it was never tested with an end user. So, I'll keep my fingers crossed we get something more inline with anchored overlays. I love what the team is doing, I just wish features were developing a little faster to finally bring XD on par with other offerings.

Feedback and Knowledge Base