Request details

Extract / Export CSS for development feature

Nothing more complected simply add Extract css from design as given in illustrator its very important other wise now day's it's simple to design in XD and very difficult to Develop application from xd assets because of no css export option in it, Please include this.

624 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
feature-started  ·  AdminHarish Narayan (Admin, Adobe) responded  · 

We’re actively working on this. Stay tuned for more updates.

If you’d like to contribute to our thinking and help shape this feature, please write to me at hnarayan(at)adobe(dot)com

65 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important feature! Why don't we have this? Should've been a phase 1 functionality!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please let us have HTML and CSS export baked in. It is an absolute necessity!!

• Michele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

XD, without html export function, is a needless app, why i'll must work with xd if i cant give to developers a complete project to upload easily? The motion job, the action buttons and other functions, why I' will must lose time to do it and after developers must remake it?

• Ellie Brackett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have team of developers that would like this functionality, in the mean time we are having to purchase and use zeplin :/

• MCP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make XD a complete developer program by generating html/css from prototype layouts.

Need this ASAP. I've been sharing artboard exports with the developer but it's pointless. Need CSS!

• Timothy Aguilar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute necessity. Adobe XD prototypes look good but ultimately useless for webdevs who can just make it on the fly. This is just a glorified sketchpad, not so much a real world tool.

XD is great, but without CSS export and some kind of basic HTML 5 generation, it breaks the building process!

LEt's get this features added! Now that MUSE is being face out, we need something where we can do great design and kickstart the developing process and the same time!

• Megan Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it could export to precompiled CSS for a popular framework such as (Sass/scss), that would be ideal.

Feedback and Knowledge Base