Request details

Extract / Export CSS for development feature

Nothing more complected simply add Extract css from design as given in illustrator its very important other wise now day's it's simple to design in XD and very difficult to Develop application from xd assets because of no css export option in it, Please include this.

630 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
feature-started  ·  AdminHarish Narayan (Admin, Adobe) responded  · 

We’re actively working on this. Stay tuned for more updates.

If you’d like to contribute to our thinking and help shape this feature, please write to me at hnarayan(at)adobe(dot)com

65 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am amazed by the ease of use that XD offers in terms of developing UX. Like many designers here, I am eagerly waiting for XD to have such capacity to convert into HTML/CSS or even Javascript.

There is a 'code icon' </> on top right when you press the blue 'Share' button, and then 'Share for Review' and when you press it, it said 'code copied'...but then it is just a string of irrelevant codes.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xd needs a CSS and styles panel that provides develops a lite mode of XD to see the CSS, similar to Invision

• Toon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes add this feature to the shared document.
    At this moment there are some plugins that allow you to copy CSS form the XD file.
    This is nice, but it would be even more nice if this could be done form the shared XD document ('Share for Development').
    And please, just as with the different color modes you can choose from, let developers choose form px, em and rem for font-sizes.
    Or just rework the PSD Extract feature, that is available in Dreamweaver, to an XD Extract feature for shared documents.

• Ryan McDaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I havnt used Adobe XD to do anything because its almost useless without code. I get prototyping but I could do that with illustrator. If you could please make it to it imports your design into Dreamweaver or something, i'll use it. Muse was good.

• Kieran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could we possibly have dreamweaver integration with this feature? Similar to how we can export to after effects it would be good if we code export the html css to dreamweaver.

• Ersin S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely needed. Otherwise XD is an amazing tool to create designs that you cannot put to work.

• Tecior commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is sorely needed. We have nothing that allows direct export to html.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base