Request details

Reorder objects within a repeat grid in the layers panel

When designing complex widgets that are reproduced as repeat grids I oftentimes need to rearrange the z-order contained layers within the repeat grid.
Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. If this is not supported as a feature the interface should indicate so. Now the contained layers look like regular layers outside a grid, but behave otherwise.

9 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joachim Tillessen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Thibaud Van Vreckem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for some reason re-ordering layers (via drag&drop) into the layer panel is not possible for children of:
    . a mask group
    . a repeat grid

All the arrange commands and shortcuts (bring to front, send backward, ...) do work as a workaround.

Yet I find it way more intuitive, easier and faster to manipulate the object in the layer panel directly.

• Sam Blowes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is super annoying, having to clean up, un group change and reapply repeat grid...

• Jakub Foglar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My workaround is to temporarily move the top object to the side, drop in my images and then move back. Not ideal when working with symbols.

• Jakub Foglar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a repeat grid made of two rectangles on top of each other. The top one has a semi-transparent gradient, the bottom one has an image fill that I want to populate with a set of images from the Finder.

The order makes it impossible to drop the set of images on the bottom rectangle – it drops in into the foremost object and replaces its fill (the gradient).

If I could drop the image set on the bottom object in the Layers panel, instead of on the canvas, it would solve this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base