Request details

Revert to old link after creating a new link

Hi! I just accidentially created a new link for a project when I intended to update the link. I can not find a way to revert to the old link. This is important in this scenario because we had notes to/from the client in the old link that we now are copy/pasting into the new link, but it would be ideal to simply revert and delete the accidental new link. Thanks for considering this!

39 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jessica shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • kathrin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, had just exactly the same problem and do have old files, but about 12 versions, so who knows which has the exact old link I need? not a useful workaround anyway....

• Sam Spicer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 the link management for versions is really frustrating when copying old files to start a new stream or for UI kits. I can open a new file but that's just ripe for disaster if someone doesn't know that.

• Anne Kiik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our team shares the same XD file for our UI library, but only the person who created can update it. Now I have accidentally created a new link (as update link was not available). Big problem as now we have to update all developers and other designer teams.

• Koushik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this needs to be reconsidered - a proper way to manage published links.

Users should have the ability to not just create new links but update older ones.

Feedback and Knowledge Base