Request details

Version Control - store history/timeline of revisions

It would be nice if there was a way to have multiple versions of a design living in one document. Right now we'll have a v1 wireframe and will be reviewing features for v2. I typically lock that version and then create a new file called v2 and start making changes. Would be nice if they could be linked somehow verses multiple file versions.

1,058 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Derek Heisler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

102 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Glenn Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Had the same thing happen to me. I have been looking to see if there was a version control. Very disappointed. Something like this should be standard at this point. May convince team to go back to Sketch.

• J. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened with visual versioning? Any updates? Just lost a full day of work. Artboards just disappeared over the weekend.

• Karol Kolecava commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got PWND by autosave and I am unable to retrieve my latest version of the prototype. This is a HUGE problem and looks like it has been taking 2 years to develop this.

Without version control, this cannot be used professionally.

• Won commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@lucas i had the same thing with a cloud document, i work on a windows device and the solution was log in in Creative cloud on a macbook pro and i could open and save all my files again. hope it helps!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we get an estimation for that feature? This can be a deal breaker with XD. really need it...

• Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had a Design System file and my system crashed. I lost everything that was in the cloud, the file just does´n open anymore. If I had the versioning, would it be in a single file? This one that crashed and I lost everything? I do not think that's a reasonable solution.

• Andri87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Design teams are really waiting for this functionality, instead of installing third-party software!!!

• Marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same as the rest of the group ... Version control is necessary for design teams, and its one of the only things holding us back from implementing XD. Sketch + Plant is so simple, but XD KILLS Sketch + InVision.

• Joseph Silva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any chance we can get an estimate on when this feature will be available? Sometime this year? Thanks!

• cjw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need file versioning with the ability to see:

- who changed a file and when
    - what was changed (i.e., open the file to see the changes)

• kunal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Youtube video Published on Nov 4, 2016, and it's 2019. The feature is still in process? That's pretty slow

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ya'll need to move fast, my team is forcing me to use Sketch because of this issue. It's a HUGE problem.

• Simone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Version control is necessary for digital projects, XD is not competitive without

• Ben Ho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really can't wait for this!!!

I am trying to pitch to the team to move to XD from Sketch + Abstract but I'm not able to convince them without version control :(

• yogaboy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and PLEASE somebody from ADOBE answer questions below ... when it will be versioning and collaboration available!!!
    Thanks!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base