Request details

55 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thomas Hallgren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was looking for a possibility to add notes and be able to export it to pdf / jpg without using additional software too.

• Holger Winnemoeller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When creating an artboard, I want to add comments indicating their use and provide additional information. I don't want to add these to the artboard themselves, as this hides the actual content. So, I write comments next to the artboard. Sometimes I want to have arrows to associate comments with artboard content, but as soon as anything touches an artboard it becomes part of that artboard (and is therefore clipped outside the artboard area).
    A good solution might be to be able to allow for artboard content that is not clipped by the artboard... Or to allow for pasteboard content to reach over an artboard without automatically being assigned to it. #pasteboard #comments #notes

• MaMaLy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

UXPin pins their annotations to the "glass" rather than to objects, so if your project has scrolling you can't pin to items that are outside of the initial area before scrolling. I would love to see Xd do this right and allow you to pin to individual objects.

But other than that, UXPin is a great model for how to enable annotations. Just an entirely separate mode for Documentation, just like how you move into Prototype mode in Xd.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES. Annotation is something that is a consistent pain in nearly every design program. Having prototype and design mode in the same program like XD does, puts it in a unique position to completely revamp how UX designers present projects.

Currently I have to copy and paste my annotations from underneath each Sketch artboard into a PDF, and into InVision.

I would take a look at how UXPin formats their annotations. It's very good.

In addition, being able to generate a PDF from the prototype with screens and annotations, in a custom layout would be amazing. I'll create a separate request for this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base