First noticed (needed) functions....
While some of these needs have been posted individually, I am posting a summary of needed functions. These missing functions get in the way every few moments...
• Keyboard shortcut for eyedropper
• Ability to create a symbol, where text can be changed
• Ability to create a symbol that carries multiple states
To explain, a navigation item that may have 3 states. You drag the symbol to the canvas, then select the state.
• Ability to LINK symbols. So every time the canvas shows a navigation item, you do not have to always relink it. Every new screen requires relinking the home icon when the home icon ALWAYS goes to home. Lot of needless repetitive work here.
• Ability to create a symbol, where different elements IN the symbol can carry links to different spots. So let us create a navigation bar. The bar consists of 4 icons. Each icon goes to their own respective location. Each icon has an active and inactive state.
• Let us use LAYERS...let us call a layer such as an off-canvas menu. One symbol, which calls a transparent layer into view. You can use that symbol anywhere, and the layer call is consistent.
Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file one item per suggestion – it allows for others to upvote and helps us aggregate the feedback. All of the requests you have here are already filed, so you can just click on them and upvote:
- Keyboard shortcut for eyedropper: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13029870
- Overrides for symbols: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13675224
- Symbol states: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/18392170
- Wire from inside a symbol, apply wire to other symbols: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/16943800
- Overlays: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12924909-artboard-overlays-sidebar-menu-popup-in-inte