Request details

Repeat grid properties in the property inspector (spacing, number of rows/columns)

Currently, there's no simple way to look up or adjust the spacing of an existing repeat grid element (other than grabbing and dragging the spacing area).

This is sometimes bothersome because, 1) when just trying to look it up, you don't always want to change the spacing, and 2) finding the spacing adjustment area can be a bit fiddly.

Also, when you DO want to adjust the spacing, it can be a bit tricky to get it on the exact pixel.

Therefore, it'd be nice if the spacing property would show up as an input field in the right (properties) panel. So you can easily look it up, and adjust it more exact by changing the field's value.

166 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sjoerd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ihajo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create an input width & height field to the repeat grid gutter size just like the width & height of the repeat grid box has size the gutter need to have an input field, adjusting manually sometimes does not cut it for us control freaks ?

Thank you

• Marshall Wells commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very useful to me if the repeat grids came with a field in the design sidebar that let you select the number of times you wanted an object repeated. Currently If I want a specific number I have to count through each item to get the right number. I think having a number selector could take this incredibly useful feature and make it even better.

• Manoj Panda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I always wanted this feature. Giving values manually for the spacing in repeat grid will save a lot of time than adjusting it manually.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In actual production, there are 5 times, 7 times, 11 times etc. of repeat times, so it is good to be able to specify the number of repetition in advance in advance.

実際の制作では、リピート回数5回、7回、11回などがあるため、繰り返しの要素を事前に回数指定できると良い。

• Wiredframe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Repeat Grid is awesome, but sometimes I wish I could just enter the amount of columns and rows and vertical an horizontal spacing with the keyboard.

• Matheus Scherer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to simulate more precisely the layout I am designing leaving some spaces at the end of the item lists.. Now, I am forced to ungroup the repeat grid for that, losing all the capability to edit the repeat grid..

A simple box asking how many itens inside that repeat grid are allowed would do that...

Thanks!!

• David Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When a repeat grid is selected you should allow manual entry of the margin sizes in the properties panel rather than forcing us to use the mouse. If you set the margin to zero it's very hard to re-select & drag using the mouse.

• AdminDani Beaumont (Principal Product Manager | XD, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aminadav -- Just checking . . . Do you know that you can control the spacing between repeat grid items by hoovering over the grid until a pink highligh shows up. From there you can drag the edge of the gap to resize it for all grid items. Just making sure -- If you did see this can you tell us what you see is still missing from this feature?

• Koushik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is how it should have been done to begin with... adjusting the spacing is so cumbersome right now! It takes me far too long and far too many tries to get the spacing to the right pixel

Feedback and Knowledge Base