Request details

Clear all prototype wires

I would like to be able to clear all prototype wires similar to how the clear all guides option works in other Adobe products.

151 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brett Parsons shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stephanie Howes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you select all (Ctrl+A) and open the Destination dropdown menu in the right-hand sidebar, you can select NONE and disconnect every wire throughout your project.

• Chris H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is key as copying them to a new file means i loose my symbols/design styles

• Tressa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Often, in the early stages of the design concepting process, I need to completely re-work the user-flow of my design. It would be nice to have a quick way (1-click) to remove all existing links/interactions in my prototype to allow me to re-arrange my art-boards and link them up fresh from scratch, instead of having to manually unlink and re-link every single thing individually.

• Cubelodyte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want to be able to publish a Developer doc after removing the interaction.
    Once you've made an interaction, you can't publish all the artboards unless they are all wired. If you unwire them, you can't publish a Dev Doc anymore.

It's getting very discouraging. Every (and I do mean every) time I do a search on "How to", I end up here in the feature request zone. Up until now, I've been reasonably impressed with how the product has continued to mature, but it hasn't taken me long to discover that XD is still not a viable design tool for professional work.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When artboards are copied it seems like their respective wires also copy - this makes a huge mess of the flow.

We should either be able to delete all wires (or single ones) so that this can be avoided.

I know it's possible to drag the wire end off the artboard but we NEED to be able to *delete* it completely please. It takes so much time when you have to rewire and try and figure out where your errors are when this is not an option.

• Ran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so... 18 months later, can we delete a single prototype path in XD now? I didn't find it anywhere...

wow surprised this isn't a feature, it seems like something that would be already there. glad there's still the trick to delete all paste back in but still shouldnt have to do a work around

Add This feature to clear or remove all old prototype
    For new prototype please and also

add mirror flip like illustrator

• Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So ALSO there is a bug. I "remove" the "wire" and XD keeps the memory of the old connection. So my prototype wont change when I make changes. I was racing to a meeting nd couldn't get it to work. I had to clone the entire project and erase all the screens that were no lo anger being linked in this path. BUT I STILL NEED THOSE SCREENS!! Please fix this. The prototype "feature" is great but not ready for prime-time !!@

Please fix this. Add a clear all connections. Add a clear last prototype ....PLEASE!

To clear a single path, you pull the connecting piece away and let it go in midair- a quick work-around is:

1. while in design mode, zoom out and drag a selection box over the entire design map. this will select every artboard as opposed to command-A which merely selects all the content.

2. press command-x (ctrl-x) to cut. everything copies and disappears

3. press command-v (ctrl-v) to paste. everything re-appears, except the prototype wire is gone.

this is no excuse, though- this feature should maybe be reconsidered for higher priority. also, EYE DROPPER HOTKEY priority should also be pushed up. seriously though, how hard is it to add a hotkey for an existing function??

• Dawid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is neccessary! I don't even know how to clear a single path!??

• Cheryl Eight Arms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure where this would live in the main dropdown menu, but In the prototype mode, it would be particularly useful to remove ALL target links in one go so that you can start again.

Currently (unless I've missed it, you have to remove each target individually by selecting (none) from the targets menu.

This is so frustrating you can't just clear your prototype path and start fresh!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base