Request details

[Windows] Symbols

I'd like to be able to create, use, and manage symbols using a symbols panel on Windows.

101 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Elaine (Adobe)AdminElaine (Adobe) (Admin, Adobe) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Simon QuinnSimon Quinn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just downloaded Adobe XD on Windows 10 and went to use it and I see that Symbols seem to be missing... what? I come here and realise it's really missing from the Windows 10 version..

I can't use XD without this feature...

Not having symbols and have to repeat elements over and over and then changing a design of that elements and having to repeat that change over and over to every instance of that element.. nightmare.

• Ian Steven ManceraIan Steven Mancera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah support for Font glyphs. I used to just use fonts for my assets on iconography, like for Material design, I hope you guys implement this

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree this is essential to the workflow. A MUST HAVE to use XD to it's full potential.

• TaylorTaylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree more Brandon. Symbols are huge for fast workflow. Even the symbols that are implemented on the Mac version need work in my opinion. That's for a different post though, this needs more votes!

• EdEd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to turn grouped objects into a symbol on the Windows version of XD

• BrandonBrandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe this is being backlogged so that they can release this with the fix that has been requested for the MAC version.... making items within the symbols individually linkable (and the ability to toggle this feature)....?

Fingers crossed that this feature comes out fully ready, but also comes out very soon. At this point...what the MAC has now in this feature is better than no symbols at all.

• BrandonBrandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this NOT getting more votes?! This is a major part of increasing workflow. I'm not sure if everyone just doesn't know what this means or what...

The ability to make specific items a symbol that is able to be changed across all iterations, much like in other adobe CC products such as, Muse (just off the top of my head...and I believe InDesign does as well).

HOWEVER... Much like the request for Mac that is gaining requests ... the ability to add link functionality to objects within those symbols would be KEY. As is stated on that post, and my comment on it... it's as crucial as having the symbols feature in the first place.

Feedback and Knowledge Base